Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Anyone with buzzing coming from dash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 06:43 PM
zmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with buzzing coming from dash?

May be due to the vibrations caused by the feathered tires mainly, but I'm getting an intermittent buzzing of the dash on the passenger side in the upper corner where several of the trim pieces meet. Just at the top of the curve where meets trim fron windshield, and A pillar. Seems to be worse when in direct sun (makes sense) and also triggered by the (apparent) vibrations sent through the car as a result of riding on badly feathered tires. I can push in and and stops, and I haven't brought it to the dealer for dx. Just want to know if anyone has/had it and if you took care of it yourself. I'm not afraid to tear into the dash and apply some felt, silicone, rubber, etc...but would help to know before I start. srm
Old 09-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Zcollector

Felt tape will help between the panels. That is all the dealer will do to it.

I have a buzzing coming from the front top, and it is the visors. If I pull the visor down, it goes away.

Other noises... Clunking from either the driver door or Touneau cover when the body flexes (coming out of my driveway), and a metallic rattle of sorts coming from the passenger side.. I think it is the seat tracks.

Of course, I don't notice any of them with the top down.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:32 AM
zmann

thanks. I have the service manual so know their tricks re: the squeek and rattle kit. I just haven't picked up any tape yet to fool with it myself. sort of think that maybe when my new tires are on it might go away. I have the clunking in the doors when body flexes. I slipped some makeshift rubber over the pin and it seems to help. It is simply metal against metal b/w the pin and the receptor hole so the rubber slip over helps cushion. No problems with seats in the 350, but did have issues in the FX...but that's another forum. Amazing how putting the top down does solve all those little problems, isn't it (grin). Thanks.

srm