Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:25 AM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate how huge the wheel wells are in all the new cars these days. i mean the 370 makes the stock 19's look small, 18's will look rediculous. you'll need 20's just to fill out the wheel wells. i hate 20's and really dislike 19's. why cant they make cars that look great with 18's on them. give it another couple of years and 24's will start coming standard on civic's...

... end rant

Last edited by warmmilk; 10-29-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:27 AM
KombatKing

Originally Posted by in.the.dark
There is something funny going on with all these pics. Look at the stereo. It's the same exact one in the Maxima. It's the same exact one in the German mule. HOWEVER it is completely different than the one in the American mule, which looked more like a final production unit and more like the 350Z controls. HOWEVER the image from Nissan looks more production ready.

I think this hi-res interior image may not be completely indicative of the final product. The painted 370Z could be the set-prop from the Need for Speed game. This just raises more questions.
I agree - the pics of the interior do not ring true to the latest test mule interior pics - and hopefully they will use the center stack from the interior that your post shows vs. the exact same interior as the 2009 Maxima.

I like the Maxima's interior OK, but the controls are not as easy to use as the current Z's and the dials are very small. The interior you show with the stitching down the middle and the 3 dials for the Climate Control settings looks much more like a Z's interior and is much more user friendly.

I also don't like the Side molding on the 370Z but I bet the Track Package will have different features that we will like better (Spoiler, etc.)

~KK
Old 10-29-2008, 07:28 AM
trebien

Originally Posted by DIGItonium
The Z in the pictures is definitely a Touring/Grand 6sp with leather seats, Bose Music Box, and navigation. (
I think the Z in the pics is a mule of different lines. The exterior shows the upgraded wheels, it has the nav and stuff, yet the steering wheel only has basic buttons on it and the seats are manual. I also don't see a VDC defeat switch - mebbe behind the steering wheel. And what is that buton behind and to the right of the shifter surround? An "H" label?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:29 AM
reptile718

The exterior looks awful, like a whole bunch of different ideas thrown together to create this ugly thing. I would expect this from an eclipse but not a Z.

Things that stand out and not in a good way: rims, hatch, front and rear bumpers.

The interior does look a lot better then the current model, I guess they have to make people feel good inside from being seen in something so ugly outside.

Maybe some aftermarket styling will change my opinion but for not I am not impressed.

Makes me feel better about spending more money on upgrading my Z that I plan on keeping for a long time.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
scrapser

My experience with the new pics from Nissan is alot like looking at a kaleidoscope. Depending on what I focus on, my feelings about the car change. But overall, I'm just not feeling it. The front is not attractive, the rear looks okay from directly behind but in profile, ironically looks too big. The car also looks too short and blunt. Like it's been punched in the nose and lost some teeth thanks to those fangs.

I think owners are going to find the interior to feel cramped over time. The cup holder (there's only one now) is very small. In fact, everything inside looks like a smaller version of what's in the 350Z (look at the inside door handles for example).

I bet the rear wall that we have in the 350Z (subwoofer, rear compartments for storage, and speakers behind headrests) is totally gone now and replaced by the stabilizer bar that exists in the 350. This is not exactly a good trade off. Yes you get more storage room in the rear for luggage but lose compartment storage...and that bare metal stabilizer bar will make the car look cheap. Also, I don't like the idea of the subwoofer becoming the "floor" of the rear storage area as has been reported. How will it perform when you have a suitcase laying on top of it when making a long trip. Not exactly a choice I would make myself.

All in all, I think Nissan has taken a step backwards. I also get a sense that a lot of people are ignoring the shortcomings because they really want a Z. And this new car is the only thing they will be able to buy now if they want a new one.

I'm glad I own a 350Z.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:38 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Overall I like it. I do have to say that the roof does not flow with the rest of the car. It should haver remained curved. The interior materials look more upscale but I'm liking the layout of the current Z better. The guage lighting is an improvement over the old school orange. I hope they rearrange the pods, as I'm too used to having the speed on the first dash pod. I'll now have to put a mod freeze on my current Z until I see this one in person.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

how in the hell would you put a spoiler on the trunk lid. The trunk lid already looks super high and if you put a spoiler on it, it will look weird.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

my opinion is, the new 370z just doesn't make my heart pump faster, like it did when I first saw the 350z in 2002. I can imagine myself driving the 350z, and everyone looks at it. Maybe the 350z spoiled all of us, so this new 370z doesn't really impress anyone THAT much anymore..

For most of us who now have 350z, will probably not trading in and upgrade to the new one.. but the new buyer will probably jump on it, since it has better performance per dollar, etc..
Old 10-29-2008, 07:43 AM
barmy

my favorite 370z..

PS'ed yellow, cleaned, black wheels, lowered:

Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Rexy7

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Ughhh terrible nasty gross. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!

And a measly 330hp?

330hp is not yet confirmed, maybe more...besides 330hp on the 370z weight 300lb less equal better performance numbers than the 350z.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Alfreds Z

Was Nissan smoking a bowl of green? But everyone can agree though, to each his own. I guess ill be sticking to my current Z
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Kiriller

Imo Ugly, Interior looks messy and crouded, dashboard is the same as anyother nissan/infiniti As opposed to z33 where it was unique from other models. Tail and heads are ugly at least to me they are... roof like i like but not towards the rear, just the front window/roofline part.

Goods: Start botton, that led display bside gauges
Note the sideskirt, pretty nice id say...

Cup holder? UGLY i like my dash to flow not have random circles and ovals.

Pedals are nice... Door arm rests are pretty nice, shifter is ugly. Streering wheel is pretty ugly, ovalish look? no way we need agressive!11!
defuser in the back i like, no rear bar in trunk = dislike, perfect place for subs... Front bumper still ugly. Hood is alright but i just love my hood buldge on my 07, gives it agressive stance.

I need to see specs !
Old 10-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rear is the best part. the 3/4 from front shot is terrible because the rear bumper sticks out past the wheel. terrible tire size and offset for the rims in the rear. the front end is weak and I bet a redesign will be shortly coming. but it's much better than I thought it would be, and the updates are current.

the interior is sickness though!

when are they releasing specs?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:54 AM
OldDirty Z33

Every one will end up liking it. Just wait until we can actually sand in front of one and check it out.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rexy7
330hp is not yet confirmed, maybe more...besides 330hp on the 370z weight 300lb less equal better performance numbers than the 350z.
Of course it will have better performance numbers. I was just hoping for something in the 350+ range. My opinion is 330 HP is not enough to keep up with todays sports cars. Nissan needs to step up it's game and beat the competition.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

z33 is now officially dated by the Z34. end.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Kiriller

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
Every one will end up liking it. Just wait until we can actually sand in front of one and check it out.
thats what i thought of the g37 i never liked it form the start and still dont, g35 imp still looks better. im sure it will be the same for 350z.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 AM
HyperKnight
Stulax makes me cream

Received 631 Likes on 440 Posts

Interior is way too busy. Reminds me of this.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

jinsei888: dated how? in terms of looks or performance. performance yes, looks no! The front looks like a frog and has way to much stuff going on the 350z is so much more smooth and sleek.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Skorch

It's still growing on me. So far it does look like it'll be my next car.

Quick Reply: PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!