Notices
370Z Exterior & Interior 370Z body kits, exterior modification, interior styling and lighting

PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Skorch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barmy
my favorite 370z..

PS'ed yellow, cleaned, black wheels, lowered:

Awesome chop! Could you do one in white and black too plz?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:05 AM
aznmojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front picture is taken at a horrible angle that accentuates the front overhang way too much and not enough emphasis is placed on the width of the rear. I am sure its the angle, not the car. LOOK at the old pix...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
PA 19103

I see responses from both ends, I have to say I like it but not the WOW that I was looking for. The things is IMO, it looks a little messy, looks like Nissan was trying to do a little too much to it but on the other hand, it doesn't look that bad at all. As mentioned in the past, don't trust the pic entirely as they tend to distort. See it in person can make all the difference. Not to say the official specs are not even out yet.

I do believe a small audience here who do not like the look of it are perhaps the ones who love the Z33 and I don't blame you, there's nothing wrong with that and Z33 is a good looking car. I just think most of us are used to seeing Z33 for almost 6 years and this change might not sit well to some. Example, I really like the look of the G35 Coupe and I can honestly tell you I don't think I am sold for the look of the G37 Coupe. Change is good most of the time, Nissan tried hard to make its performance and technology better, no doubt, but I am just not so sure if the look of it follow. Then again, it might grow on me through time. I am going to wait for the specs and seeing it in person to make a better and more precise judgement.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
racerbob4

Everyone is commenting on the looks of the car and missing some of the technical improvements that a racer appreciates. Things like a lighter car with an aluminum roof and possibly front and rear deck lids, optional paddle shifters, a shorter and narrower and lower car with about 15 to 18 more horsepower. It looks like they took some 2 or slightly more inches out of the body just rear of the doors. That little window past the door looks about that much smaller. Some pictures that i've seen show a front grill opening above the main lower grill makes me wonder if that might be air intake for a future or optional turbo, possibly twin turbo. Either way slap on some RPF1's with Kumho tires, bigger sway bars and springs, JRZ shocks, and a roll cage and we will find a spot for it in our garage for the 2009 season. I wish.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Kam350z

links werent working for me so I found another;

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/10...al-photos.html
Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 AM
madpanda

The rear view is nice, but the front just makes me want to puke.
Looks like I'll be keeping the 350 for a while.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

I'm sure that it will grow on me, just as the GT-R did... but for now IMO it's a no go. The hood to the windshield is too abrupt and from the top of the windshield to the rear too straight... thus ruining the lines that we have today with the Z33. It's almost as if the designers had two thoughts in mind.... 1. Make the front look more BMW Z4-ish, and the rear more Chrysler Crossfire-ish. Maybe in person it will look better, but it's not very photogenic.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

ahahahahahahahahahaha.....

cramped

kicked in the ***

superior performaning 370z

keep it...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

So 370Z TT, with Wide body and Sick *** wheels! Look for someone to have one of these at SEMA.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Kiriller

Originally Posted by PA 19103
I see responses from both ends, I have to say I like it but not the WOW that I was looking for. The things is IMO, it looks a little messy, looks like Nissan was trying to do a little too much to it but on the other hand, it doesn't look that bad at all. As mentioned in the past, don't trust the pic entirely as they tend to distort. See it in person can make all the difference. Not to say the official specs are not even out yet.

I do believe a small audience here who do not like the look of it are perhaps the ones who love the Z33 and I don't blame you, there's nothing wrong with that and Z33 is a good looking car. I just think most of us are used to seeing Z33 for almost 6 years and this change might not sit well to some. Example, I really like the look of the G35 Coupe and I can honestly tell you I don't think I am sold for the look of the G37 Coupe. Change is good most of the time, Nissan tried hard to make its performance and technology better, no doubt, but I am just not so sure if the look of it follow. Then again, it might grow on me through time. I am going to wait for the specs and seeing it in person to make a better and more precise judgement.
Agree 100% with your g35/g37 and 350z/370z points.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
gsazabi

This car DEFINITEY needsthe rear spoiler. WTF is that ugly *** hatch line about?
the car looks less than impressive in silver. Black or white will be the color to go for.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 AM
jdk504

Best color in my opinion =) (quick ps)
Attached Thumbnails PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!-car.jpg  
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by MikeRR
This version does not have navigation - so perhaps there will simply be two differerent interior trim packages.
totally agree. I don't like the high end trim version. I like the non-navi interior better.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM
BingPWR

Originally Posted by jdk504
Best color in my opinion =) (quick ps)
Mine too
Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
zstreet86

Originally Posted by racerbob4
Everyone is commenting on the looks of the car and missing some of the technical improvements that a racer appreciates. Things like a lighter car with an aluminum roof and possibly front and rear deck lids, optional paddle shifters, a shorter and narrower and lower car with about 15 to 18 more horsepower. It looks like they took some 2 or slightly more inches out of the body just rear of the doors. That little window past the door looks about that much smaller. Some pictures that i've seen show a front grill opening above the main lower grill makes me wonder if that might be air intake for a future or optional turbo, possibly twin turbo. Either way slap on some RPF1's with Kumho tires, bigger sway bars and springs, JRZ shocks, and a roll cage and we will find a spot for it in our garage for the 2009 season. I wish.
i would definately be pissed if they came out with a turbo option after i bought an n/a model. they better not try to hide info such as this when they release the car!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a pretty typical response from car owners when a new model comes out, replacing a beloved model. I don’t think there is a single car forum I have been on, in all of my years on the web where this doesn’t happen. Its just natural.
So here is the process that the 370Z, as all new models will follow from the Enthusiast community;

1) New model is announced, speculation and excitement begins.

2) Small details are leaked, these are picked apart with a fine tooth comb and expectations are laid.

3) First firm details or full disclosure of the new model is made, new owners, hold outs and die-hards reject it off hand, former owners look forward to it as good time to go back to the brand, most split their opinion 50/50, good-bad.

4) New model hits the street, a few show up on the board and people start to get excited, as modifications are made to the new cars, people start to take notice. 60/40, good-bad.

5) New model is out for 6mo-1yr, A large mix of new owners make the old cars seem dated, opinion starts a rapid shift, the old cars sell for less and the new becomes a higher demand item. Option shifts to 80/20m good-bad.

6) Old model seems like ancient history, excitement is gone for the old car, with nostalgia taking over, 95% of owner/potential buyers and forum members prefer the new car and are looking forward to the “next” version of the car.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
saturn

^ Haha, this is amazingly accurate.

The vast majority of people will barely be able to tell the difference between the 350Z and 370Z. They both look very similar relatively speaking, but the new one has more power and less weight. I'm glad many of you are happy with your purchases, but this car is going to sell like hotcakes even in this economy.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:42 AM
SniperHunter

Certain things I don't like:

Why are the heated seats slanted away from the driver?
Why is there one cup-holder?
Why is the left-most gauge still have a silver trim around it? It looks so stupid and out of place.

The exterior I'm still not fond of. The bulges on the headlights look dumb.
The fangs look dumb.
The front bumper, altogether looks weird.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
highflyinkilla

Originally Posted by jinsei888
z33 is now officially dated by the Z34. end.
How do you figure? Its basically a smaller uglier version of the 350z. Not a redesign that could make the 350z look dated.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:48 AM
trebien

Originally Posted by marques1
how in the hell would you put a spoiler on the trunk lid. The trunk lid already looks super high and if you put a spoiler on it, it will look weird.
Actually, it looks better with the spoiler... due to the downward sloping hatch, just like on a 911.

The German "mule" had a spoiler, and it really finished off the rear.

As for it being smaller (5"), that's a good thing. It needed to go smaller/lighter... find it's sports car roots again. If you want bigger and more room, get a G37... more of a Grand Tourer. If you want a sports car, then the 370Z is more in line with that, and it needs to be.

The Z should never be a GT car... that's what the G37 is for.

Last edited by trebien; 10-29-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: PICS FINALLY OUT!!!!