Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Completed Photos...

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
Ok so I figured I owe it to everyone following this thread to show completed pics and list all the work that was done during this install. Let me start off by saying this was the best car audio experience I have ever encountered. Everything far exceeded my expectations and I am as happy as can be. So let's start out with what C.A.R.S. installed in my car for me....

1. Mcintosh MX406 Headunit
2. Mcintosh MPM4000 Meter Module
3. Morel Elate 3-Way Component Set (1" Tweeter, 4" Mid, 6" Woofer
4. (2) Mcintosh MCC404M 4 Channel Amplifiers
5. (1) Mcintosh MCC301M Mono Amplifier
6. Mcintosh Subwoofer Output Control ****
7. Alumapro 5 Farad Capacitor
8. (2) Seas Lotus SW300 12" Subwoofers
9. K40 2000 Front and Rear Radar Detector
10. Alcantara Headliner
11. Alcantara Visors
12. Alcantara Shift Boot with Blue Stitching
13. Alcantara Parking Brake Lever with Blue Stitching
14. Vinyl Door Panels with Blue Stitching
15. JDM Nissan Footwell Light Installed
16. JDM Nissan Underseat Lights Installed
17. (2) European Rear Foglight Switchs Installed and Wired (One for rear European Foglight second for Front Xenon Fog Lights for my Zerosun Body Kit)
18. Recaro Speed Seats Installed (Black with blue stitching and a blue logo)
19. Bride Seat Bases Installed
20. Kirk Racing 4-Point Roll Bar with X-Brace Powdercoated Black and then installed. (The paint that comes on the Kirk Racing Bar was horrible so I had it powdercoated to increase its durability. The interior panels were also trimmed neatly around the roll bar.)
20. 2004 OEM Nissan 350z Center Console Side panels with Knee Pads installed. (My car is an '03 and did not come with the knee pads. I had them cover the knee pads with vinyl and add a blue stitch to them to match everything.)
21. Optima Yellow Top Deep Cycle Battery Installed
22. Every wire connecting to the battery and alternator was upgraded to 0/1
also known as 0 guage
23. 240 amp High-Output alternator purchased but not installed. I will install this when we do the motor swap.
24. Clifford Alarm Rewired
25. Personal Neo Eagle Steering Wheel (I Installed it while it was at their shop)
26. Works Bell Quick Release and Short Hub (I Installed it while it was at their shop)
27. Personal Leather Ball Shift ****
28. Alpine SBS-0715 Center Channel Speaker with amplifier installed to Voice Output of Nissan Factory Navigation System.
29. Custom Trunk Mat was created to fit around custom subwoofer setup
30. Ipod Wire Installed
31. Craftsquare Mirrors (I figured I might as well install them while the door panels were off)

Here are the pictures...

McIntosh MX406 headunit and MPM4000 meter modules installed...

K40 Front and Rear Radar Detector and Laser Diffuser LEDs. Right LED is front front radar, left LED is for rear and when they both light up it means they are diffusing laser. The control **** for the detector/diffuser is on the side of the steering column.

Custom door panels. Morel 3-ways molded into the stock panel with built in pods. The entire door way dynamatted and a figerglass enclosure that goes from the back of the 6" to the door skin was installed. The entire door was then re-wrapped in vinyl with a blue stitch. The door has a lot more weight to it.

Personal Shift ****, alcantara Shift boot with blue stitching and alcantara parking brake lever with blue stitching.

Custom Knee Pads.

Both foglight switches, subwoofer output remote **** and switch for underseat lights.

Recaro Seats, Kirk Roll Bar and Craftsquare Mirrors.

Footwell Lights and Underseat Lights (Underseat light bulbs have not been installed yet since I have to fix a broken nut on the floor pan)

Alcantara Headliner and Visors. All the plastic pieces and pop rivets were painted black.

The McIntosh MCC404Ms were placed in the compartments behind the seats. A piece of acrylic was added to show off the amps. In these enclosures the sides are silver ultrasuede and the top has a mirror on it. The rest of the compartment is left untouched to allow for ventalation. One MCC404M per door.

More Interior Pictures...

Interior Panels Trimmed for Kirk Roll Bar X-Brace.

Hatch area with two 12" Seas Lotus SW300 Subwoofers and Custom Trunk Mat. The trunk Mat also has a blue stitch around the border. Under the trunk mat lies the McIntosh MCC301M which sends 300 watts to each subwoofer.

The sound is insane and I am happy with everything as I have stated numerous times. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Kwame; 12-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

McIntosh, kickin it old school, nice.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...morel's...thats gonna sound good
Old 03-28-2007, 05:59 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

you read my mind

hopefully the speakers brings as much pleasure as she does
Old 03-28-2007, 06:11 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

VERY nice hope you do the elate 3 way justice and perform a great SQ installation on the front stage what amps?

b
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad the McIntosh HU is soo blah.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM
doug

^ old school look may detter theives
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
VERY nice hope you do the elate 3 way justice and perform a great SQ installation on the front stage what amps?

b
They are on there way in:

2 McIntosh MCC404M's (one for driver side 3 way components and one for passenger's side 3 way components), 1 McIntosh MCC301M (for 10" subwoofer of which I have not yet decided upon I am leaning towards an Adire Audio Brahma 10).

I choose not to even bother with speakers in the rear deck. I plan also on placing the tweeters and woofers in the door and putting the mids in the dash. It should be pretty badass.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Too bad the McIntosh HU is soo blah.
You are right, but the sound quality you get especially when you play cds more than makes up for its looks.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
I choose not to even bother with speakers in the rear deck. I plan also on placing the tweeters and woofers in the door and putting the mids in the dash. It should be pretty badass.
don't bother
Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by doug
don't bother
Don't bother with what?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:59 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Don't bother with what?
speakers in the rear deck
Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by doug
speakers in the rear deck
I agree
Old 03-28-2007, 07:55 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

yeah, i have done a few of the mac headunits, of course the sound q is nice, but the lack of features and looks gets to me...even thoughi normally dont consider myself one of those kinds of people..

for my customers who want the ultimate in SQ, i usualy go to two sources, both IMO sound as good as the mac, acutally i thinkt he denon is better but look a little bit more inline with the interior hehe:

clarion 9255, not sure if the new one is still built by Macintosh

denon dct-z1 (if you can fined one lol)

but man, its gonna sound great, i absolutely love MOREL among my top three speaker brands for sure

keep us updated on the progress
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Kwame

yeah, i have done a few of the mac headunits, of course the sound q is nice, but the lack of features and looks gets to me...even thoughi normally dont consider myself one of those kinds of people..
I agree. In an age where everything is phased towards integration (ipods, navigation systems,satellite radios, etc.) this unit is out of its league compared to todays units as far as features are concerned. I will admit that I am a bit sour at the fact that I can no longer use my sirius account in the Z anymore. However, the next time I throw in a Dave Matthews Cd I know it will more than make up for it.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM
tahoe-man

for my customers who want the ultimate in SQ, i usualy go to two sources, both IMO sound as good as the mac, acutally i thinkt he denon is better but look a little bit more inline with the interior hehe:

clarion 9255, not sure if the new one is still built by Macintosh

denon dct-z1 (if you can fined one lol)

Here's pretty very similar unit I think one step below. Not sure if the RFX-8250 is the same as DCT-Z1.

Great price on this unit which is the RFX-8240 and it matches the interior with the orange/red illumination.

There was an RFX-8250 that sold for $405.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Rockford-Fos...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

yup, those are the denford or rocknon however otyu wanna call it...not a very well known headunit but those lucky few whoe picked them up can really get an awesome SQ HU at a great price

i am almost tempted to pick it up lol
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
HARRYPOTTER

good $hit
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
HARRYPOTTER

you know...i've always loved Mcintosh home theater...I mean My father's home theater alone is worth like 80,000...the sound quality is unbelievable...but putting this in your car...mmm....i'm not so sure...I mean yeah it's good, but are you asking for trouble?...just be careful Q...there are alot of haters...I notice that you have been doing alot of quality stuff to your ride...just be mindful of the people who want to take it from you...you feel me...

oh and nice Fukin rims by the way...I peeped 'em on the other forum...you know what would work really nice...the Noe Cho's that I have...the R40's...those would kill with your wheels...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

oh my gawd....McIntosh, Morel, Rainbow.....holy fcukin ballin' batman. I wish i was close to you so i could be blessed with an earful of the goodness that is going to come from this system.

I have some McIntosh home audio stuff...was my fathers and that ish is nice stuff.

Quick Reply: High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)