Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:42 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
you know...i've always loved Mcintosh home theater...I mean My father's home theater alone is worth like 80,000...the sound quality is unbelievable...but putting this in your car...mmm....i'm not so sure...I mean yeah it's good, but are you asking for trouble?...just be careful Q...there are alot of haters...I notice that you have been doing alot of quality stuff to your ride...just be mindful of the people who want to take it from you...you feel me...

oh and nice Fukin rims by the way...I peeped 'em on the other forum...you know what would work really nice...the Noe Cho's that I have...the R40's...those would kill with your wheels...
I am not worried about putting expensive equipment in my car. I don't live my life in fear, thats why I have riders on my insurance and we have motion sensors in the shop. God forbid if something does happen as long as I am alive to collect my insurance and do it all over again that is all that matters to me. All of my mods have been documented and my insurance company will know about every last nut, bolt and screw down to the sizes and colors.

Obviously this is not a sound system designed to be heard from blocks away, this a system that is designed to exemplify superior sound quality. The installation will be stealth and not showy at all, and besides my close friends and the people on this board (some of whom are close friends) not many people will ever know about or see my equipment. Here is an example of another Z1 stealth Mcintosh install : https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....light=mcintosh

Anyways, thanks for the compliments on my equipment (wheels and audio). However, I find it astonishing that you keep calling me Q as if my name started with a Q, when my name is in my screenname

Originally Posted by kwiker
oh my gawd....McIntosh, Morel, Rainbow.....holy fcukin ballin' batman. I wish i was close to you so i could be blessed with an earful of the goodness that is going to come from this system.

I have some McIntosh home audio stuff...was my fathers and that ish is nice stuff.
Thanks for the compliments
Old 03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy fack....you're going all out!

can't wait to see the amps. awesome equipment.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Anyways, thanks for the compliments on my equipment (wheels and audio). However, I find it astonishing that you keep calling me Q as if my name started with a Q, when my name is in my screenname
couple brothers name Kejuan and Kwame go by Q
Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by 05-Z
holy fack....you're going all out!

can't wait to see the amps. awesome equipment.
I've tried as much as possible to keep most of my plans under wraps. Most people, not directing this at you, talk about the dream Z they wish they could build, luckily I am blessed enough to be able to build my dream Z. If you've been following my threads I've shown a couple of my crazy stuff, but believe me you guys haven't seen anything yet.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Kwame

Default Amps Have Arrived!!!

2 MCC404Ms and an MCC301M

Details:

MCC404M:
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/s...roduct=MCC404M

MCC301M:
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/s...roduct=MCC301M

Old 05-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Kwame

Old sub choice was too big to suit my application, new sub came in the mail today. Seas Lotus SW300 *NEW VERSION:"

Car is still at the shop going through the install.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:02 AM
HARRYPOTTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol
Old 05-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by HARRYPOTTER
lol
Old 05-08-2007, 05:10 AM
andypandy

that woofer sure looks beautiful! how hard does it kick?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

very nice kwame
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

kwame, good choice in terms of SQ on the Seas, hwowever, since its only 4ohm, and not a big output sub in itself, arent you kinda limiting your ouput a bit? instead of 600ish watts available at 2ohm you are left with around 300 at 4ohm...

i havent heard a seas sub that looks like this, at least i dont remember, but the ones i have heard are very natural, great transients...all in all your typical european sq sub... but if i recall, it should be in a ported enclosure to get the most outta it?

either way, cant wait to see the final results hehe

b
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by andypandy
that woofer sure looks beautiful! how hard does it kick?
It still remains to be seen, no one has this sub yet that I know of. Its not the type of sub where you have earth shatter bass, its an sq sub and is known for being very very musical. This is a 12," Adam has the 10" in his Z and I love it. It blends in with his front stage perfectly, the best way to describe it is, you hear the bass there but its not overwhelming the rest of the system it is complimenting it.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 AM
NoahzBurnt

SQ FTMFW!!!!

I have 1/8 octave test tone CD and a dB meter...if u ever want some help tuning just shoot me a holler!!!

(i used to compete in SQ)
Old 05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

now you should have ran all seas lotus for hte front stage
Old 05-08-2007, 08:59 AM
ezramoore

Hi guys,
I don't normally post in this side of the forums, but beautiful equipment btw.
Anyway, funny story:
I was sitting in class today (I'm at Western Washington University) and I arrived late so I was sitting in front of this kid who is ALWAYS on vwvortex.com/drives an R32/is a loudmouth *****. I'm cruising this thread just lookin on in awe, and the kid leans over to his friend (girl) and is like, that system is hella old/gay/lame, I turn around and ask him what he has in his VW (turns out he has jensen shlt, I mean AUDIOBAHN, lol), anyway, I explained to him th values of sound quality over bump, his girl seemed pretty smart, she seemed to get it (her dad is some sort of pro HT audio installer as it turns out), he looks at her and says. "Dude, if that kids right about it sounding so nice I'd be burning a CD while I installed it so I could bump around right after I got it in." She asks "from your MP3s" he nods. She looks at me and smiles, lol. I got a kick out of it, apparently shes in my next class too so we walked to it and talked about car/HT audio, shes totally a daddy's girl.

Sorry to get OT but theres a story for yah
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
SpeedRcr

That Macintosh looks like the headunit the ford gt
Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
That Macintosh looks like the headunit the ford gt
It is, it is an option in the Ford GT. Pretty sick.

Last edited by Kwame; 05-08-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what a tease :P
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ezramoore
Hi guys,
I don't normally post in this side of the forums, but beautiful equipment btw.
Anyway, funny story:
I was sitting in class today (I'm at Western Washington University) and I arrived late so I was sitting in front of this kid who is ALWAYS on vwvortex.com/drives an R32/is a loudmouth *****. I'm cruising this thread just lookin on in awe, and the kid leans over to his friend (girl) and is like, that system is hella old/gay/lame, I turn around and ask him what he has in his VW (turns out he has jensen shlt, I mean AUDIOBAHN, lol), anyway, I explained to him th values of sound quality over bump, his girl seemed pretty smart, she seemed to get it (her dad is some sort of pro HT audio installer as it turns out), he looks at her and says. "Dude, if that kids right about it sounding so nice I'd be burning a CD while I installed it so I could bump around right after I got it in." She asks "from your MP3s" he nods. She looks at me and smiles, lol. I got a kick out of it, apparently shes in my next class too so we walked to it and talked about car/HT audio, shes totally a daddy's girl.

Sorry to get OT but theres a story for yah

after you hit it.. make sure you send Kwame her panties
Old 05-08-2007, 08:36 PM
NoahzBurnt

film it so we can test our home theaters!!!!

Quick Reply: High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)