Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

2007 GT-R sketches released from Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 11:42 AM
BENSIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get me a towel...no...get me a blanket.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:54 PM
joust75

I am sick of people saying that Nissan cant offer a 70 grand sports car and that it wont be worth it.

You guys are label snobs. Acura did well with their NSX and Nissan will do well with the GTR.

Keep in mind if it does cost 70 grand that you are still going to get a hell of a lot more bang for the buck than you would with a Carera S even. More power equally good handling and a nicer interior guaranteed.

I dont care. You snobs buy your Porsches.

Ill be the guy smoking you at the track, looking better doing it with 10 K left to spend on tires
Old 10-13-2005, 04:03 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by joust75
I am sick of people saying that Nissan cant offer a 70 grand sports car and that it wont be worth it.

You guys are label snobs. Acura did well with their NSX and Nissan will do well with the GTR.

Keep in mind if it does cost 70 grand that you are still going to get a hell of a lot more bang for the buck than you would with a Carera S even. More power equally good handling and a nicer interior guaranteed.

I dont care. You snobs buy your Porsches.

Ill be the guy smoking you at the track, looking better doing it with 10 K left to spend on tires
Funny....Acura is to Honda as Infinity is to Nissan.
If the NSX would have been released as a Honda out here it wouldn't have done as well...you just completely contradicted yourself in your statement.

It's not about being a snob. I won't buy a GTR I love my turboed 350Z and quite frankly I prefer my Z very much over the G35 I also prefer the murano over the FX...but I am not America...I am but one...
Nissan knows that and they will do whatever makes it sell their product out here.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:34 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little Bill: "You just shot an un-armed man!"
William Money: "Well he should've armed himself."
Bill Munny: Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up.
Ned Logan: You were crazy, Will.
Bill Munny: Yeah, no one liked me. Mountain boys all thought I was gonna shoot 'em out of pure meanness.
Ned Logan: Well, like I said, you ain't like that no more.
Bill Munny: That's right. I'm just a fella now. I ain't no different than anyone else no more.

Bill Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Bill Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Little Bill Daggett: You, sir, are a murdering son of a bitch! You just shot an unarmed man!
Bill Munny: Well he should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his saloon with my friend Ned.

Little Bill Daggett: You be William Munny out of Missouri: killer of women and children.
Bill Munny: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another. And, I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Bill Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Little Bill Daggett: I'll see you in hell, William Munny.
Bill Munny: Yeah.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:29 PM
joust75

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
Funny....Acura is to Honda as Infinity is to Nissan.
If the NSX would have been released as a Honda out here it wouldn't have done as well...you just completely contradicted yourself in your statement.

It's not about being a snob. I won't buy a GTR I love my turboed 350Z and quite frankly I prefer my Z very much over the G35 I also prefer the murano over the FX...but I am not America...I am but one...
Nissan knows that and they will do whatever makes it sell their product out here.
Acura is Honda?? Infiniti is Nissan??? really?? Like I dont know that. Thanks captain obvious!
I did not contradict myseslf at all. Acura may be a higher end brand than Honda but they still offer cars that compete with Nissan in performance and price range. Porsche does not! That wasnt even the point. The point is that some peple are label snobs. Not all. Some. And your statement: (if the NSX was badged as a Honda in the same package it wouldnt have sold as well) just further proves my point.

If you offer a Nissan for 70 grand and a Porsche for 80 grand and the Nissan turns out to be a better car in every way, most will still pick the Porsche ... Why? Because some are label snobs and dont care about the car as much as they care about the prestige.

Why are you of all people arguing with me. If your car really is turboed then You are not a label snob because you spent total on your Z what could have gotten you a bimmer. Good for you!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM
joust75

Thanks for the quotes HFM!

VEry quotable movie eh?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GODDAMNIT!

I N F I N I T I

NOT Infinity!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
InlineFour

Actually, you did contradict yourself a bit. It only would have made sense if you said Acura did well with their NSX and INFINITI will do well with the GTR. The whole thrust of the thread before that was the fact that people believed Nissan would be selling the GTR in the U.S. as an Infiniti, if not only because the general public would rather pay more $$ for an Infiniti than a Nissan. Label snobs notwithstanding, it's just how the general population looks at automobiles here. That's to say nothing for enthusiasts like us...otherwise, you made a very poignant statement.

Last edited by InlineFour; 10-14-2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:59 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wazowski
GODDAMNIT!

I N F I N I T I

NOT Infinity!!!
rofl..
Old 10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by cloudy
rofl..
Funny I actually never noticed that before...that shows how little I care about that particular brand......it's that damn ugly *** clock in the middle of the dashboard that does it for me everytime, lol
Old 10-17-2005, 11:04 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

1) it is NOT a skyline, get it through your heads, the GTR name has been seperated.

2) Nissan is gonna have tons of focus groups to decide what brand would hold it better. personally i think maximum success would come from a 60k nissan. face it, if it looks as good as this and performs as well as its supposed to, people wont care, the Z does better then even nissan expected, not because of the brand but because the car sells itself.

3) as soon as I know which dealership to put my deposit at, ill do it. or pick up a cayman S.

4) i dont remember number 4, ill post it again when someone makes a stupid post reminding me.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:39 AM
Rxramon
Charter Member #45

Hi all, I'm back, been gone for a while... check here at about 1:00 am.

http://www.gtrproto.com/
Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 AM
alpine

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
3) as soon as I know which dealership to put my deposit at, ill do it. or pick up a cayman S.
What's up? I just wanted to chime in on #3 here.... What have you heard about pricing this out? It's got some changes to it, but not much to warrant the price jump from a boxster s to the cayman, but that was just my thoughts from when I first heard about it.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:01 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by alpine
What's up? I just wanted to chime in on #3 here.... What have you heard about pricing this out? It's got some changes to it, but not much to warrant the price jump from a boxster s to the cayman, but that was just my thoughts from when I first heard about it.
well itll have been out for a bit by the time im looking for one so i hadnt worried about it, the cayman S is supposed to still slot under the Carrera in pricing, and be faster too
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by alpine

wow, Alipine haven't seen you around in ages.
How is everything?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:06 PM
cwest350

Car looks great!!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:58 PM
dcmaxclub

car looks interesting, I can't wait to see the real thing.

As far as if it will be badged Nissan or Infinti.... If it is going to be 70-80K, it is better to badge it as Infiniti. Hell, I know people who are so stuck up they won't drive anything that has a Nissan label. It is to them what it would be for us to buy a 80K Hyundai. "It's still a Hyundai" turns into "it's still a Nissan."

You also have to think that there are people out there who don't research cars in motor trend etc before they buy, they either see something they like, or go to a brand name that has the image they want. I don't know that someone who isn't *into* cars, and has decided to buy a car for 50-80K, is going to go 'hmmm, I think I'll go and see what Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar, and Nissan have to offer..."

For the true enthusiast it won't matter if it's Nissan or Infiniti. So by badging it Infiniti all they do is **** off some purists who will probably by the car regardless. By badging it Nissan they risk losing sales to the image conscious.