Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Street Racing forum NO MORE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Kee1pride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackie chan
nope, you are the one with the slow car
never said my car was fast. my car can do more than one thing though. want to see how slow it is at turning? keep your crapheap in the straights where it belongs if you don't want to be embarrassed
Old 02-14-2007, 04:22 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
never said my car was fast. my car can do more than one thing though. want to see how slow it is at turning? keep your crapheap in the straights where it belongs if you don't want to be embarrassed

Hey...this is the annoucement forum. NOT the "street racing, flame whomever you want" forum. Take that crap somewhere else.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:25 AM
silver nismo

We need an answer where can we post the link to our vids now? so we share with other Z drivers....
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by silver nismo
We need an answer where can we post the link to our vids now? so we share with other Z drivers....
try posting them on youtube and people can look on there for vids.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:30 AM
NiZmo&Mo

Default Great Move

The first thing you learn at a track day is how much you don't know about where the limits of your car are. The second thing you start to learn is where to find those limits. It's not only that street racing is stupid and dangerous to other people who aren't in your "race", but driving our Z's on a well run track day with lots of seat time is gonna be the most fun you've had driving your car. If you're so in love with going fast in a straight line (booooooring!) rent a Mustang from Hertz and go blah, blah, blah in a Pony car forum.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:30 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I said where to post the link for my vids, (link) coz they r already on youtube.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 AM
silver nismo

can we post in the FI section if we r FI and then u must have a video if u want to post a street race?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by silver nismo
I said where to post the link for my vids, (link) coz they r already on youtube.

How about the "video" section of my350z

https://my350z.com/forum/videos-151/
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 AM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Kyle (Godzilla) didn't post an official explanation as to the reason why the forum was removed. From what I've seen, I wouldn't say it was removed because of "political correctness".

There have been discussions among the moderators several times in the past years about the problematic nature of the posts in that forum. Of all the individual forums, that one has probably generated more reported posts, locked threads and banned users than any other forum. Too many trolls, too many *****-measuring contests, lots of insults, etc.

JMO - Dave
So it has nothing to do with being "PC," just the fact that there are a bunch of moderators who don't want to moderate?
Old 02-14-2007, 04:46 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Kyle (Godzilla) didn't post an official explanation as to the reason why the forum was removed. From what I've seen, I wouldn't say it was removed because of "political correctness".

There have been discussions among the moderators several times in the past years about the problematic nature of the posts in that forum. Of all the individual forums, that one has probably generated more reported posts, locked threads and banned users than any other forum. Too many trolls, too many *****-measuring contests, lots of insults, etc.

JMO - Dave
That's what I was thinking. I can imagine a lot of reports coming from there

The BS race threads to non-BS race threads ratio was pretty high.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:48 AM
silver nismo

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
How about the "video" section of my350z

https://my350z.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151
Thanks man I just hope if i do they dont close it if it had a street racing vid link.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:52 AM
jtabraham

Originally Posted by blasian
That's what I was thinking. I can imagine a lot of reports coming from there

The BS race threads to non-BS race threads ratio was pretty high.

LOL...but where are we going to get our daily dose of "I have a popcharger and an auto. I want to race my friend's SRT-4 (he won't tell me what he has). We're gonna race soon...right when I get my car back from the shop...why is it in the shop?? Oh because I totaled it smokin some n00b in a rsx"
Old 02-14-2007, 04:56 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by jtabraham
LOL...but where are we going to get our daily dose of "I have a popcharger and an auto. I want to race my friend's SRT-4 (he won't tell me what he has). We're gonna race soon...right when I get my car back from the shop...why is it in the shop?? Oh because I totaled it smokin some n00b in a rsx"
Or the 149991309353rd Z vs. RSX race and it turn into the k-series motor being the god of all motors argument
Old 02-14-2007, 05:10 AM
2Cool4Skool

Originally Posted by 996
Wow, sorry to see the street section go away, I check here almost daily. I'll miss the stories of stock Z's beating stock 1999 - current Carrera Porsches. See you guys in the street.

I know what you mean. I read that section all the time before I even registered here. I was lookin all over for it & I found this announcement. WAAAAAAHHH!! Oh well.... some p-po just like to FEEL & LOOK like they're fast and some KNOW it
Old 02-14-2007, 05:31 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Actually, speaking in strict legal terms, it wouldn't. Think about it, if a sub-forum were to be created on any online forum, catering to (strictly as an example) a discussion of embezzlement schemes and tax fraud and members' successes and failures plus tips on improving results, with a banner stating that the site doesn't condone either practice, how silly would that look? In the eyes of the law, the very creation of a dedicated section catering to any illegal activity, especially a site with a moderating staff, is in itself evident of endoresement.

Again, that is strict legal view, but in this litigious society, likelihood of an outcome is sufficient for most businesses to take evasive measures. If a 16 year old dies as a result of a race he was challenged to via an online forum, against someone whom he didn't know otherwise, trust me, motivated parents would file the site for everything it's worth. Juries look at such cases in a very black-or-white manner (no forum, no challenge, no race, no death...wrong as it may be). Money is a tremendous motivator.

Hope that explains it a bit.
Thats a pretty good point.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Isin't Streetfire.net a site dedicated to hosting car videos?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by sq40
Isin't Streetfire.net a site dedicated to hosting car videos?
yes it is, mostly rice though LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yay! Keep it off the streets people!

My cousin was killed by a truck driver (not racing, but the same thing applies here) that wasn't paying attention. Hit her while she stepped outside the car to run to the passenger side to let her BF drive. Smashed her and the car door all to pieces. Not one part of her body parts could be identified.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Reality350

To the ppl who cant live without measuring, uh i mean street racing...

Pretty much all of us have done it at one time or another, usually when were much younger. But for a car enthusiast forum to support such foolishness is just wrong, PC or not its wrong.
I lost a very close friend to street racing, not only did he loose his life but he also took an inoccent life with him. This was a highway run at 3am, so it doesnt matter what time or where you race its still potentially deadly.

Most of you who promote this type of "thrill" have not lived through such a tragic loss and I hope you never do. So again i applaud the admins for removing such a useless forum where childish actions were promoted and discussed in such a candid manner.

R
Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Kee1pride

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Hey...this is the annoucement forum. NOT the "street racing, flame whomever you want" forum. Take that crap somewhere else.
pretty sure i got called a noob first. don't act high and mighty about arguing because you and i have gone at it plenty of times and you've never been one to let someone insult you and stand by and let it go so why should you expect me to?

do as i say, not as i do?

Quick Reply: Street Racing forum NO MORE