Notices
Announcements Announcements from site Administrators and Moderators.

Street Racing forum NO MORE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:28 AM
BaTMan_4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that a few new moderators with racing knowledge be taken in to the My350z crew and moderate that thread. I understand with all the BS races and the "what would happen if i race a tiburo," as well as EGO's --- stupid threads....experienced users from here could monitor that small forum which in reality is slow (in actual races) if u include all the stupid/pointless stuff then that forum moves fast. Like said in some other post...Cars and Racing go together
Old 02-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
I think that a few new moderators with racing knowledge be taken in to the My350z crew and moderate that thread. I understand with all the BS races and the "what would happen if i race a tiburo," as well as EGO's --- stupid threads....experienced users from here could monitor that small forum which in reality is slow (in actual races) if u include all the stupid/pointless stuff then that forum moves fast. Like said in some other post...Cars and Racing go together
and here are the sub-forums for RACING

autocross/ road racing
https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road-305/

Drag racing
https://my350z.com/forum/drag-306/

Drifting
https://my350z.com/forum/drift-308/

plenty of places to put racing stuff.

Street racing crap on the other hand belongs elsewhere IMO
Old 02-14-2007, 07:40 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Street racing crap on the other hand belongs elsewhere IMO
...like the Honda forums.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:45 AM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by dave079
Keeping it does nothing but endorse it. The sad stories can be discused elsewhere in the forum to educate.

I'm not for street racing or this section staying open, but this kind of thinking is all wrong. Discussing a matter does not endorse it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:57 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Integrity
So it has nothing to do with being "PC," just the fact that there are a bunch of moderators who don't want to moderate?
And when we moderate, you complain about that too.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:01 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
pretty sure i got called a noob first. don't act high and mighty about arguing because you and i have gone at it plenty of times and you've never been one to let someone insult you and stand by and let it go so why should you expect me to?

do as i say, not as i do?
Yea, just point the finger at the other guy. You don't see me arguing about stupid $hit in here.

Besides...he pointed out that fact that your car is slower than his, that's hardly an insult. Take it to PM if you feel the need to defend yourself. This forum is NOT for petty arguments.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:03 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Aww no more can I beat this car, will my moms honda beat my Z, what cars can we beat BS Threads that take up space. I will surely miss them

Thanks for getting rid of the troll section. I mean skrett racing
Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
SergEK

Originally Posted by sentry65
I always wondered why the street racing forum was under the "motorsports" catagory

I'm torn about it cause I won't miss the completely retarded F&F threads and immaturity, but some of the threads about highway runs against vipers and Z06's were interesting to see how the Z's fared on an open stretch of road - where the only way to legally do that is on the autobahn or salt flats so it's not so likely someone would do a race in 1 of those 2 places in the world
The street section is about driving and enjoying you Z on the street

When you get the chance to go up against serious harware with a built Z apparently the members here dont want to read or know about it

I guess they all follow the speed limit and never break any traffic laws Thats why they bought a sports car.....to pick up stuff at home depot and wal-mart

Street racing kills so few people on the road its laughable to see such a "street racing kills everyone who sees it happen" ---- drunks, make-up artists, cell phone bandits and the like cause more accidents and kill more people than all the actual "street races" ---- two teens going 80 in a residential in their geo metros is hardly a street race....but somehow thats how the bad press gets national attention

Bah
Old 02-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Reality350

Originally Posted by SergEK
Street racing kills so few people on the road its laughable
You are an idiot. Grow up already...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:20 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Reality350
You are an idiot. Grow up already...
What he said is true... except the laughable part. I wouldn't laugh at anyone dieing (well, wost anyone). There are FAR more things to worry about than street racers. Having a section in a forum for them deleted won't do anything to prevent them from racing. Some of us have excuses (like no track) and can use the one option we got to race or just quit our passion of racing all together. Not happening. Like it's been said already, just because there is a section in a forum for the street does not mean the forum condones street racing. There already was a disclaimer up... all that was needed was moderation (which I volunteered for) to keep it free of bench racing bull**** and people coming in to tell us how wrong we are for racing on the streets. No one has the right to say **** about it since I guaruntee 90% of us here have done it (and most prolly still do). Even if not, you speed. You prolly drive while yapping on your cell. Some of you drive drunk. Cut people off. Doesn't matter. There are far worse things then two people lined up away from traffic going at it. Hell, it's the same at the track. Only difference is that safety personnel will be there quicker if something goes south... and of course the legal issues.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
BaTMan_4

^ very well said....support all the way
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by BaTMan_4
^ very well said....support all the way
Thanks... I don't want anyone to get me wrong, it IS dangerous and illegal, but it's not as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be. Some say they had friends or relatives die from it... I feel for you. I bet some of you had relatives/friends die from smoking, drinking etc. Do you take the same stand against those? With the way you feel about street racing, I sure hope you do.

There's talk on here all the time about drinking (for instance, the tastiest drinks thread)...since alcohol kills FAR MORE PEOPLE A YEAR THAN STREET RACING, why aren't those types of threads banned? Not saying to do it (I have no problem with it), just an example. Sure there's no bench racing and *****ing in those threads, but that **** can easily be curbed with MODERATION in the Street section.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 02-14-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
03ZHIFT

statistically you are more likely to die from a falling coconut than a street race. No joke
Old 02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Thanks... I don't want anyone to get me wrong, it IS dangerous and illegal, but it's not as dangerous as everyone makes it out to be. Some say they had friends or relatives die from it... I feel for you. I bet some of you had relatives/friends die from smoking, drinking etc. Do you take the same stand against those? With the way you feel about street racing, I sure hope you do.

There's talk on here all the time about drinking (for instance, the tastiest drinks thread)...since alcohol kills FAR MORE PEOPLE A YEAR THAN STREET RACING, why aren't those types of threads banned? Not saying to do it (I have no problem with it), just an example. Sure there's no bench racing and *****ing in those threads, but that **** can easily be curbed with MODERATION in the Street section.
The thing is who does the street racing section harm? No one

Dont like the threads DONT READ THEM, DONT POST IN THEM

Between smoking, drinking, drugs and criminals I doubt anyone really thinks actual street racing is that big a deal when it comes to impact on society

I dare any of you "mature" name callers to go the Highway Traffic Safety websites and pull the numbers of people killed in auto accidents --- post the numbers and see how mant are labeled "street racing" deaths --- even allowing for the blatant misuse of the term the numbers will show how big a difference there is between drunk driving deaths, DWI/DUI deaths for those who are high and even the random inattentive driver deaths

Thats my challenge --- then go to the FBI website and pull the murder numbers down and show how many people are killed ON PURPOSE by others

When you take a step back and look at the whole picture "street racing" is such a small percentage of deaths in this country youll begin to realize that the media bias towards publishing this dribble about "the problem" we have its clearly an assault on the automotive hobby.....even if actual enthusiasts took it to the track and never street raced --- an idiot in a dodge ram would speed next to another idiot and authorities would call it a "street race" --- if either one of them gets into an accident its another "street racing" death....

If you want to be mad at something or someone, be angry at the main stream media and work on ways to show people that real street racers and racers in general take this hobby very seriously and keep safety in mind as much as possible

If you can honestly tell me road racers have never gone above the posted speed limit on their favortie strecth of twisties through a mountain or by the coast then maybe you might have a legit beef with drag racers who do the same thing on a lonely stretch of open STRAIGHT road --- compared to the risks with twisties I think drag racing is a cake walk when it comes to minimizing risk on the street....but what do I know --- I sometimes race folks for the FUN of it under acceptable risk conditions ---- just like drivers push their dailys up in the mountains

For "batman" --- is name calling a measure of maturity? The irony is just too much ---- a guy named "batman" calls me an idiot and tells me to grow up....wow....do you on robin race on the same team in San Francisco?

Heres a question for "Batman" Use the red phone and call all the professional racers you can and ask them if they have ever sped on public roads....if they have ever drag raced someone on the street....if they have ever pushed their cars through a twisty sections of road.....I would be shocked if they even answered NO to any ONE of those questions --- I dont care if they are NASCAR, F1, WRC, INDY, CHAMP, OVAL, DRAG whatever racers.....they have all done it and many still and will continue to do it

Do I agree with the ones where public safety gets thrown at the window, no....but maturity will prevail eventually and race selection will get better over time

My humble opinion anyway....
Old 02-14-2007, 01:54 PM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to talk about street racing and post your kill stories, create your own web site. Forum owners, admins, and moderators are starting to learn that they can be sued in civil court for activities that occur on thier sites. Whether the suit has merit or is ultimately won or lost doesn't keep the forum owners, admins, and mods from incurring legal fees defending themselves. One distraught family with access to the street racing forum on this site and Gloria Allred as their press representative will see this site go bye-bye real quick.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by betamotorsports
If you want to talk about street racing and post your kill stories, create your own web site. Forum owners, admins, and moderators are starting to learn that they can be sued in civil court for activities that occur on thier sites. Whether the suit has merit or is ultimately won or lost doesn't keep the forum owners, admins, and mods from incurring legal fees defending themselves. One distraught family with access to the street racing forum on this site and Gloria Allred as their press representative will see this site go bye-bye real quick.
So why not get together with ACLU and fight for our rights? Freedom of speech anyone?

A simple disclaimer and the site is clear

The label isnt STREET RACING section its STREET ---- we drive on it, many of us enjoy our cars on it (those who actually drive their cars enthusiastically anyway)

I dont buy the "I dont want to get sued" part because then the site should just give up ---- IM's between people getting nasty and a fight breaking out in real life couldnt have the same consecuences?

Having a site is a risk ---- a street section where people talk about fake/real stories wont effect it ---- if people are afraid of legal action move to China....on top of that who would sue a web-site that has little actual worth....

Its their website, I'll agree to that. But cowering from lawyers....here's a shovel for that pile of BS....you can take it somewhere else
Old 02-14-2007, 02:28 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

This thread has become the perfect example of what was wrong with a lot of threads in the Street forum. After 50 or so posts, they slowly head downhill as the "discussions" get more heated. I'm LMAO at some of the posts in the last few pages.

I'm predicting that it will get closed in the near future, just as many of those in the Street section did. An ironic and fitting end to the whole issue, IMO.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
This thread has become the perfect example of what was wrong with a lot of threads in the Street forum. After 50 or so posts, they slowly head downhill as the "discussions" get more heated.
If thats the case, you should get rid of the Politics/War section too. The less you moderators have to moderate the better, right?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:00 PM
bboypuertoroc

Like your new sig Charles.

DavesZ, why get so upset over this? We are voicing our opinion... is there a problem with that? This thread started out going down hill... we're bringing it back up. I guess "downhill" to you means an opposing point of view. If that's the case, then fine. If not, I don't see the problem with a "heated" discussion. If that's a problem, why is the politics/war section still up? There's WAY more drama there than there ever was in the street section.

This thread is nowhere near a "perfect example" of any that went UNMODERATED in the Street section. I haven't seen any bench racing or trolling here (yet anyways).

Oh well... it doesn't matter. I don't (and won't) help pay the bills, so I really don't have a say.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:56 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Integrity
If thats the case, you should get rid of the Politics/War section too. The less you moderators have to moderate the better, right?
If it was up to me, there wouldn't be an Off Topic forum, after all this is a site about 350Zs.

And contrary to your sig, this site doesn't "support" any of those things.

Quick Reply: Street Racing forum NO MORE