Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Japanese Alpine Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Behind the drivers seat yesterday morning...

And behind the drivers seat as of yesterday afternoon...

With neon on...

Neon on and compartment closed...
Old 01-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Here is the Siruis tuner...Don't mind the RCA's on the left...they're just for AUX out...this pic. shows the 2 Ai-NET ports. The one on the right is coming from the I-POD Interface(shown below) and the one on the left goes to the HU Brain.

I-POD Interface...

Sirius antenna...

Old 01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
RANDY350Z

US reps don't know squat when it comes to their Japanese counterparts. Most Alpine Equipment will work with their brothers in Japan. Make sure that unit is XM/Sirius compatible. You will need to get a convertor to recieve FM/Am local stations.

Goto japandirect.com or themeltingpot.com you can order the unit from their and their techs will let you know if it can integrated with any current setup. I contacted them for getting an Eclipse 3 MD changer to connect with the AVN2454 and it will.

MD is big in Japan, I don't know why it never caught on in the USA. It is so much easier to record on these and the portability--no worries about scratching the disc.!
Old 01-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Zenvy

um, Randy...you have a dozen (9) cars or so?!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
RANDY350Z

No, Previous rides! I have a QX4 now.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 AM
sundevil67

Default Ipod Install

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
BTW...My I-POD is actually in the passenger side compartment in that little tray in the bottom.

Do you have any pics of your ipod install? I am still considering the ipod hookup - though I might also do the auto pc down the line which would make it useless - can't decide.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
sundevil67

By the way guys, I ordered that Japanese head unit the other day. Melting-pot told me that it had been discontinued, but there is a good chance they could find one in a certain warehouse in Japan or something. Hopefully they can. I wonder why they don't mention that it might not be available on their site. Anyway, my fingers are crossed. My CD player is broken so I kind of did an impulse buy with the credit card. I just so badly wanted a double din unit that would avoid leaving that space underneath. I might even try out a mini disc or two. As far as theft protection, well I will add some coverage on my policy and a good alarm system. Not much more I can do. If I had a detachable faceplate I probably wouldn't take it with me anyhow. The key is not leaving the Z parked in ghetto areas. Hopefully I will be able to get a second vehicle one of these days so that I can use that when I venture into those areas. As it is, the more stuff I put on my Z that attracts attention, the more hesitant I am to bring it to concerts, etc. There is always some drunk a$$hole that will leave a bear on it or dent it on purpose or something. Anyway, I will let you all know how it works out and will post pics of the install.

http://www.melting-pot.com/website/p...sMDAW988J.html
Old 05-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

This is the Alpine unit. There is a wire that runs between the stock sub compartment with all my components to the little hidden tray in the glove box. That's where the I-POD is. Very easy to install.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

This is what the stock sub compartment looks like now...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
sundevil67

Thanks! though I plan to have subs behind the driver's seat, and the glove behind the passenger is going to need space for lots o stuff - I hope I can fit it all. A large amp, the TV tuner, Sirius Module, Auto PC (hopefully one day) ... it is going to get crowded in there!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
RANDY350Z

Try www.audiocubes.com . Click on Car Audio, they have it for 1200.00. Reputable company too. I would put the unit in, then do a the Alpine Touch screen monitor in the factory nav location, and the Alpine nave. That would be sweet. Do a search on the Alpine INE-WO99 ---that is a kick *** double din unit!
Old 05-27-2005, 06:59 PM
sundevil67

Thanks for the info - I went to that site though and couldn't find the INE-W099 - though something tells me I don't want to see it! It is probably way sweeter than the one I ordered, for half the price, right? I hate that! I am scared to browse any more of this site; I've already seen a few head units I would have liked that are much cheaper. The one I got however has ALL of the Alpine goodies, and they were discontinuing it so I guess I am glad I got it before it was gone - I know I will be the only one on the block with one of these ! Untill it gets ripped off anyway. Anyhow, Meltingpot did contact me (funny how much more responsive they are now that I am a customer) and said that they got one for me, and that it will ship from Japan next week. Your suggestion for installing a monitor in the factory nav location is dead on - that is what my plans are (after I rip out the 04 nav door and replace it with an 03), but instead of an Alpine Nav, I think I am going to do a full Auto PC (probably the single din unit at autonode.com in one of the mail slots). The one thing I am still unsure of is whether to rip out the whole nav door and just go for a custom console like this:
http://adamfialkov.com/photos/album0...onsole8_carbon

I am just worried that the glare from the sun will make it impossible to see in the daylight. What do you think?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:35 PM
RANDY350Z

Actually it is about 2200.00. That is Alpine Japans DD for NAV, DVD, CD, w/ DSP etc.

I don't know if it is still available. Hopefully, next year we eill see it as a USA unit.

As for the sun glare, you shouldn't have a problem since you have a coupe. If you keep your current console the door will protect it from any glare. I personally like when doing a system is to keep it all the same brand, but I am **** about that. Post some Pics when you get it installed, I don't think anyone on this site has posted any pics of it.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:52 PM
sundevil67

I know what you mean; I will probably get all Alpine components too, well except for the speakers and amp; for those I will probably do Bostons up front and JL Audio subs in the rear. I am still deciding between Infiniti Perfect and Boston components - I have heard the Infinitis are a little harsh on the highs. I am super **** too, and need perfection in my install, that is why I am taking so long to plan it. If the alpine unit you are talking about has a flip-up monitor, then I wouldn't want it; I want to use the nav cubby for a monitor like it was meant for. I really like the clean look of that carbon fiber pic I showed you; but that really is asking for a theft because it is so obvious that you have some expensive stuff. I might as well put one of those huge "Kenwood" stickers on my windshield.

A google search for Alpine INE-WO99 brings up 2 Japanese sites, but there are no photos on them. I am really curious now!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:46 AM
RANDY350Z

I had a set of Alpine SPX components and they sounded awesome! I will try to post a link.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:17 AM
sundevil67

Default Japanese Head Unit

Well, I've received my Japanese Alpine head unit safe and sound. All fears about Melting Pot were unfounded. They are on the up & up. They told me that they found this one lying around some warehouse in Japan and that the model has been discontinued - I am definitely going to be the only one on the block with one of these. Now if I could only find the money for my amp & speakers, I'll be all set! I will post some pics when I get it installed, though it is going to be a while because I would rather do it when I can get my subs, etc. I am going to do the auto PC & monitor install in the next phase; but first I need to get some quality tunes going in there again.I guess I also need a MiniDisc recorder now so I can use the MD player in the head unit. Stay tuned! My eventual goal is to have MP3,MD,Cassette,CD,DVD,TV,Backup Camera,AM/FM, & Sirius - think I'll have enough music choices? We're all nuts.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:25 PM
RANDY350Z

http://www.alpine.co.jp/alpine/audio.../ine-w099.html

http://parts.auto-g.jp/shop/48967345693/39/26.html

http://response.jp/feature/2002/1004...ha1004_01.html

HERE ARE SOME LINKS FOR THE INE-W099
Old 06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
RANDY350Z

I anticipate this unit will be availible in the USA soon, hopefully next year! This will be tough competion between Alpine and Eclipse! This unit rocks!
Old 06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
sundevil67

Wow - that is definitely a sweet looking head unit - though there's no buyer's remorse here. I think if I wanted the touch screen-style head unit I would have gone with the double DIN Kenwood. I also don't think I would be that into spending another thousand bucks on a head unit that I actually won't really need once I get the Auto PC installed. I like the feel of the old school volume **** and the mechanical buttons for standard radio/cd operation. Call me old fashioned I suppose. I also think it would be a little too "star trek" to have a monitor down there and another in the cubby. You guys buying any of this? Wish I saw it sooner !
Old 06-09-2005, 02:22 PM
sundevil67

Actually I just read that it isn't available yet - so I guess I really don't feel bad now; I needed a new HU right away since my old Pioneer CD player bit the dust. It was almost 10 years old though, so I guess I got my money's worth on that one.