Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

pioneer v. eclipse nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 08:56 PM
uro279

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pioneer v. eclipse nav?

Ok, maybe I'm being gullible, but which nav. is better?

Initially, I was going to do business with a local installer. They were biased toward pioneer and stated that was "the best". Well, after I do all the research, I now understand that pioneer is very good and cheaper than Alpine's nav. So I figure out what I need and head on down to the installer to compare his prices to those I found on the internet. Once I get their, to my utter surprise there is a sign out front saying "closed" and a security guard keeping watch. He tells me they have been closed for two weeks due to possible business fraud, etc..

So I go down to their competitors and they tell me Eclipse is better! I never even knew Eclipse had a nav. system. Apparently, it's only a voice activated one! Then I went to a third dealer, and he's pushing JVC! However, no Nav was available.

So, which nav is better? Pioneer or Eclipse? I think the former.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:26 AM
rouxeny

I like the pioneer. I like the view that is displayed and overall, I think the kit is a little more new. Also, you can use it with any screen, I think the eclipse is limited to their in dash screen...I may be wrong about this.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:00 PM
imntcrzy

pioneer is good.... lots of bells and whistles though......

eclipse on the other hand is excellent. Much better grade circuitry... dual mono construction.... good power supplies.... just better quality than most or all....