Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

JL Audio "Clean Sweep"???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 AM
iluv2flume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL Audio "Clean Sweep"???

Hey guys I am having my stereo installed next week and I wanted to keep the factory head unit because I didn't like the way aftermarket head units looked with the contours of the dash. My installer (best reputation around here) said to get something called the JL Audio clean sweep. It gives everything a cleaner signal and i did online research on it and everyone seems to think it is good. Has anyone installed one on a Z yet? If yes, how much did you pay and are you happy with the results? The retail price is $400 by the way..Thanks for the help!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:55 PM
St@inless

I am in the same boat as you ... my local connection at Tweeter in Houston quoted me the same device ... only that he gave me a great deal at $299 from that $400 retail price. I have not bought anything yet, though, from what I gather, the clean sweep acts like a fully adjustable eq in that it allows you to customize the sound curves that our stock units cannot! He also quoted me an awesome deal on MB quarts component speakers w/ crossovers to fill the doors/behind seats speaker locations. I recommend this, as you admit, the stock appearance contours the curve = and just think ... when a crook looks in, he will just pass as it will look fully bone stock!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:14 PM
CopperZ

Another problem that I find with bose and other stock speakers and head units is that is just not laud when you travel at hi speeds or when the subs are hitting. This dosent make stock speakers lauder???
Old 03-22-2005, 04:27 AM
iluv2flume

I decided not to get the clean sweep. I think it is awesome except that you need to mount a seperate volume ****, which would annoy the hell out of me. I know i would always be using the factory **** and when u do that u need to reset all the settings on the clean sweep. Just not worth the hassle. I decided to just get a small 75x4 amp and replace the 6.5" speakers (only cost a little more than the price of the clean sweep) If anyone does get it though, please let me know how u like it...maybe if it is really kick *** i will get it later..thanks for the input guys

JL should have realized that the reason people would really want this was to keep the stock look then they go and make a seperate **** that would annoy the hell out of people..think about it..how many times would u forget and use the factory ****? 2 ***** is gay lol
Old 03-22-2005, 09:25 AM
CopperZ

Originally Posted by iluv2flume
I decided not to get the clean sweep. I think it is awesome except that you need to mount a seperate volume ****, which would annoy the hell out of me. I know i would always be using the factory **** and when u do that u need to reset all the settings on the clean sweep. Just not worth the hassle. I decided to just get a small 75x4 amp and replace the 6.5" speakers (only cost a little more than the price of the clean sweep) If anyone does get it though, please let me know how u like it...maybe if it is really kick *** i will get it later..thanks for the input guys

JL should have realized that the reason people would really want this was to keep the stock look then they go and make a seperate **** that would annoy the hell out of people..think about it..how many times would u forget and use the factory ****? 2 ***** is gay lol
How big is the ****? you have a pic? it would be nice if it was wireless and you can put it on the steering wheel.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 AM
iluv2flume

no pics of the **** but i found one online somewhere..it is not huge it looks a little smaller than the BOSE ****....i just think having 2 ***** is stupid...i'm just going with the amp and component speakers instead (he gave me a good price on JL Audio stuff)...i'm still curious though if anyone ever does get it

he told me if someone touches the bose **** with the clean sweep installed it resets the cleansweep settings and u need to re-do everything (just sounds like to much of a pain in the ***)
Old 03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
CopperZ

Originally Posted by iluv2flume
no pics of the **** but i found one online somewhere..it is not huge it looks a little smaller than the BOSE ****....i just think having 2 ***** is stupid...i'm just going with the amp and component speakers instead (he gave me a good price on JL Audio stuff)...i'm still curious though if anyone ever does get it

he told me if someone touches the bose **** with the clean sweep installed it resets the cleansweep settings and u need to re-do everything (just sounds like to much of a pain in the ***)

yes sounds dumb idea by JL
Old 03-25-2005, 09:34 PM
SB Track

Actually, you can use both *****. The reason they include a master **** is so you can bypass the factory equalizers that may change the sound depending on volume level. You're still welcome to use that factory ****. Also the master **** is used to control the volume on the auxilary output (you can put in sat radio, an iPod connect, etc etc). I don't have the Clean Sweep, but I've been reading about it because I want to get it installed. So from the looks of this, the unit is already out?