Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Melting-Pot.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Melting-Pot.com

Anyone have any experiences with melting-pot.com, purchasing Japanese head units or other equipment? I can't find any complaints about them, but am a little nervouse about sending them $1000 or more through PayPal, which offers absolutely zero buyer protection. They don't offer a telephone number nor do they answer repeated emails - so I am hesitant to do business with them. Any positive or negative experiences would be helpful. Thanks!

sundevil67
Old 03-21-2005, 04:56 AM
preludes10

I'd say if they are not responding to your emails then that is a good indication that they have poor customer service, Go with your gut on this one. Personally I wouldn't do business with them.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:05 AM
TJMAudio

What head units or other equipment are you looking at?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by TJMAudio
What head units or other equipment are you looking at?
I don't but a friend orderd a head unit a couple of years ago and it took a little while but he got it fine.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM
sundevil67

Default Melting-Pot.com

Problem is, I am looking at this sweet Alpine head unit that I really don't think I could get anywhere else. Their lack of response is making me nervous - I sent about 3 messages and even tried to get their phone number through directory assistance - no listing. There aren't any complains with the bbb.org, nor have I found any negative stuff online anywhere. Yet I just got screwed pretty bad on an eBay purchase with PayPal. The guy never sent me the stuff and because he closed his payPal account, their "buyer protection" meant nothing. If they can't recover the funds from the person who commits the fraud by debiting their PayPal account, you are out of luck. Who is going to rip someone off and then actually keep the money in PayPal? That is what bugs me the most that PayPal seems to be the only way to pay on Melting-pot.

Thanks

sundevil67
Old 03-21-2005, 09:05 AM
motown

I've heard good things about people using the Buyer Protection from their credit cards when paying via credit card with PayPal. Because you would be defrauded of the items promised to you, you should be eligible for cc buyer prot. I am no expert, but I use my cc on all of my PayPal purchases now because of that. Adds a little security IMHO. Anybody have experience with this?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:52 AM
sundevil67

Default PayPal

I had actually used my debit card, which usually has the same protections as my Visa since it is sort of a credit card too; however after this debacle a PayPal rep actually told me to dispute the transfer with my bank. As soon as I did that, PayPal went ahead and debited the amount from my PayPal account again so that even when my bank credited me, I was still out the money - PayPal made sure of it. Therefore it was a waste of time to dispute the charge. I think using an actual credit card might be the way to go.

sundevil67
Old 03-21-2005, 10:10 AM
motown

whoa, you're kidding!!! what a buncha f'ers! i really dislike their service more and more every day. that's just not right.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:44 AM
TJMAudio

What Alpine model is it?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:46 AM
sundevil67

Default Alpine HU

This is the model - click here