Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bad Bose Stereo Fixed!

Old 11-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Autobahn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bad Bose Stereo Fixed!

Dealer called this morning to say that my replacement Bose amp was in. Zoomed over there right away. After about two hours I hit the road again.

MUCH better! The boooming has stopped. I can actually listen to the radio now! To all Touring owners "get this done right away!"

note: The back speakers still have that "muddy" sound but with the fader balanced you don't here them. I remember in another post someonesaid that's the way it's "supposed" to be for proper "imaging". Anyway I'm now pleased with my Bose investment.

Old 11-19-2002, 08:52 PM
NowUZme

Default Re: Bad Bose Stereo Fixed!

Thanks Autobahn!

I just took my Z in this morning to have them "take a look" at it and the service manager has ordered the replacement amp per Nissan's bulletin. Hopefully I can have this done shortly myself and will post my results.

Thanks very much for the tip about adjusting the fader. Will definitely play with that after the fix as necessary.
Old 11-20-2002, 09:46 AM
Z_Dragon_Lady

Default Bose Fix:

For those of us (OK, me in particular) who listen to the CD for tunes and to the radio for traffic reports only, how's the fix sound for the CD. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:54 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Default Re: Bad Bose Stereo Fixed!

Originally posted by Autobahn
Dealer called this morning to say that my replacement Bose amp was in. Zoomed over there right away. After about two hours I hit the road again.

MUCH better! The boooming has stopped. I can actually listen to the radio now! To all Touring owners "get this done right away!"

note: The back speakers still have that "muddy" sound but with the fader balanced you don't here them. I remember in another post someonesaid that's the way it's "supposed" to be for proper "imaging". Anyway I'm now pleased with my Bose investment.

Autobahn;

Will you or anyone else who has had their Bose amp replaced, provide me with the name and phone number of your dealer? My dealer has told me for a month the replacement part number is valid in their system but there is no availability and they cannot backorder. I told them I would get the name of a dealership that has successfully completed the install.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-20-2002, 12:31 PM
mwr

Had mine repaired today. The part listed in the TSB is not a Nissan part number the dealer need to call the audion manufacturer directly to order the part.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:36 PM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Originally posted by mwr
Had mine repaired today. The part listed in the TSB is not a Nissan part number the dealer need to call the audion manufacturer directly to order the part.
Thanks! Do you mind telling me who your dealer is? I would like to have a reference for mine to call.
Old 11-20-2002, 12:38 PM
NowUZme

When I took a short ride with the service manager at the dealership, I looked over his shoulder and saw on the bulletin itself that the part to order is a refurb Clarion subwoofer amp, and it gave both the phone number to call (toll free) and the part number to ask for. Are you sure the dealer is looking at the right bulletin? NTB02-111
Old 11-20-2002, 12:41 PM
mwr

Originally posted by pointfivezero
Thanks! Do you mind telling me who your dealer is? I would like to have a reference for mine to call.
Windsor Nissan
East Windsor, NJ
Old 11-20-2002, 12:46 PM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Originally posted by NowUZme
When I took a short ride with the service manager at the dealership, I looked over his shoulder and saw on the bulletin itself that the part to order is a refurb Clarion subwoofer amp, and it gave both the phone number to call (toll free) and the part number to ask for. Are you sure the dealer is looking at the right bulletin? NTB02-111
Calling the service department now. I provided them with a copy of 02-111 but I bet they haven't called the number. Thanks...
Old 11-20-2002, 12:48 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by pointfivezero
Autobahn;

Will you or anyone else who has had their Bose amp replaced, provide me with the name and phone number of your dealer? My dealer has told me for a month the replacement part number is valid in their system but there is no availability and they cannot backorder. I told them I would get the name of a dealership that has successfully completed the install.

Thanks in advance!
Man, what is with these STUPID F**KING DEALERS??? It's in the TSB in plain f**king English. Order from Clarion, submit a claims form to NNA to get reimbursed. Could it be any simpler?
Old 11-20-2002, 01:36 PM
Kahanakyu

Pointfivezero,

Took my Z to Capitol Nissan this past Monday and they confirmed the problem. The Director of Service Dept., Andrew McDonald, called me back that same day to inform me that he had ordered the part. It will take 3-5 business days. This was the first Bose case for them. Good luck.

Kahanakyu
Old 11-20-2002, 04:18 PM
Autobahn

I had mine repaired at:

Torrance Nissan in Torrance CA
Old 11-20-2002, 04:35 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actual Nissan Service Bulletin for the Bose

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....rvice+bulletin
Old 11-20-2002, 08:12 PM
SunsetZ

Why don't you call clarion directly yourself and see that it is in stock, that is what I did, then the dealer can't tell you otherwise.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:15 PM
all_bark

Mossy Nissan San diego fixed mine last week.

It is definitely better!

CD's sound very good!
Old 11-20-2002, 08:55 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear that it fixed the problem for you guys. I'm taking my Z in this coming Friday. (replacement amp has been sitting at the dealer for two weeks already! Yikes!)
Old 11-20-2002, 09:32 PM
drivebywire

I am confused ...

When I went to the dealer last week and showed him the bulletin, the service guy checked Nissan computers vs my VIN and found nothing needs to be done on my car. I came home with nothing!

How you guys got the dealer convinced?
Old 11-20-2002, 09:46 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by drivebywire
I am confused ...

When I went to the dealer last week and showed him the bulletin, the service guy checked Nissan computers vs my VIN and found nothing needs to be done on my car. I came home with nothing!

How you guys got the dealer convinced?
Some VIN #'s are not affected. See the thread posted by iboost here for the VIN #'s.
Old 11-21-2002, 06:34 PM
nokidz

After a test ride with the "Z" trained mechanic at our local dealer (Santa Barbara Nissan) they ordered the replacement part. I was pleased to hear that the parts are installed near the spare tire compartment and do not require disassembling of the dash. Hope it helps because right now the Bose sucks!
Old 11-21-2002, 06:40 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

i think my problem is mic reletaded my volume is all over the place but with the windows open onlly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad Bose Stereo Fixed!