Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Are Infinity subs any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 06:51 AM
tim quibodeaux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Infinity subs any good?

Anyone have or heard the Infinity Reference subs?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:28 AM
03FIDDYZ

I Know that the Infinity Perfect subs are good...I had some kind of infinity that was all white and said infinity in it i think it might have been the reference because the perfects dont say anything on them. But my sub was good and i sold it to my friend who is running it in his car right now and it still bumps
Old 06-04-2005, 08:37 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the reference series is silver and the perfect series is white, at least it was back when I was looking into them. My friend had an infinity perfect sub in his accord. It was pretty nice. I dont' think infinity subs hit particularly hard or give us really low bass. But it's a nice tight sounding sub. However, the reference series is the entry level series I believe depending on the price I would probably just recommend a pair of JLs
Old 06-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Alonjar

I'm going to have to agree with dreamspeed here. I like Infinity, I always use them for my components, but when it comes to wanting to put a small sub in a car like the Z, JL is the only way to go. You wont be sorry!

Also, get your stereo stuff from ebay if possible. You can typically find equipment at literally almost half of retail price. You don't always get a warranty, but for half the price, you can always just buy a new sub and still come out even.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 AM
wren57
Banned

I have had one and two infinity perfect 10.1d subs in my Z... in my opinion they sound great. I don't like boomy bass and these are perfect for me; they hit clean and tight. They reach 18hZ and that is plenty low. I highly recommend them... if you give them between .6 and .75 ft3 of airspace they will sound fantastic.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Phanatic
Banned

I'm a big fan of the Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1d (i have one in the trunk right now). Very CLEAN sub, and it can handle any music I throw at it. One thing I like to mention to people considering subs is the enclosure, because that is one of the key factors to ANY subs sounding good. I custom built my ported box per the specs found on the manufacturer's website (the only way to go, IMHO).
Old 06-04-2005, 03:28 PM
Kaitain

Originally Posted by Alonjar
Also, get your stereo stuff from ebay if possible.
WRONG!!!!! eBay is the DEVIL!!! Do not buy ANYTHING on there and maybe they will go away.

P.S. They stole $5 from me and I'm still bitter.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Alonjar

Originally Posted by Kaitain
WRONG!!!!! eBay is the DEVIL!!! Do not buy ANYTHING on there and maybe they will go away.

P.S. They stole $5 from me and I'm still bitter.
lol... what?
Old 06-05-2005, 10:57 AM
04_CS_Z33

I've got two Infinity Perfect 10.1's in my trunk. They're clean and hit pretty hard. The Ref. series are entry level and I've only heard them in a store, they're okay I guess, depending on how much you pay for them.

Whatever you do, stay away from Infinity amps. The sub amp I'm running is okay but the 4 channel I'm running for the rest of my speakers clips like crazy. I'm thinking about switching both to JL amps.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:05 PM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

basically infinity subs are not super loud nor do they hit super hard but they are indeed fantastic subs. The major problem here is the price. I know different people can get different stuff for different prices but from what I can tell you can get JLs for much cheaper and JLs definitely are not worse then infinitys imo.

This is in regards to the perfect series. If you were to get reference series I would highly suggest getting JLs instead. As a side note the infinity kapp and perfect coaxial and component speakers are very very good imo