Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

is this an average install price?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 11:40 PM
dan-14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this an average install price?

i have no idea when it comes to this stuff
does $400 sound about right for installing all of the following?

t.v. tuner
alpine iva-d310 head unit with seperate brain
front components
one 10" sub
one 4 channel amp powering the components and sub
and making an amp rack in the stock bose sub location

thanks for any help

- Dan

Last edited by dan-14; 06-09-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:37 AM
chaparro78

It's average
Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 AM
jkoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if youre a DIY fan, you should have no problems doing most of it yourself -- i dont know jack about car audio but there were ample HOW-TO's in this forum to educate us audio-newbies. save 400$ and reward yourself by using that money towards more stuff heheh.

i think the only think i wouldnt do is build a custom sub enclosure... i'd just buy one off ebay custom made for Z haha. but i'm going with basslink, so ...
Old 06-09-2005, 10:36 PM
dan-14

Originally Posted by chaparro78
It's average
thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
dan-14

Originally Posted by jkoc
if youre a DIY fan, you should have no problems doing most of it yourself -- i dont know jack about car audio but there were ample HOW-TO's in this forum to educate us audio-newbies. save 400$ and reward yourself by using that money towards more stuff heheh.

i think the only think i wouldnt do is build a custom sub enclosure... i'd just buy one off ebay custom made for Z haha. but i'm going with basslink, so ...
i would, but i have a broken leg, so it's really uncomfortable to move around in the Z
Old 06-10-2005, 09:40 PM
dan-14

well i had everything installed today for $300.
i'm kinda pissed though, they scratched up my rear strut bar cover and put some nice scratches in the driver's side door sill.
i'm the type of person that hates to complain, so i haven't really asked them to fix it,yet. i did show them the scratches though.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Kaitain

I got my front speakers, HU, and Sirius radio (plugs right into HU) "professionally" installed for around $230 and I'll NEVER do that again. The guy that did the install is featured in the store's nation-wide magazine so I thought he would do a good job but that wasn't the case.

He jammed the Sirius receiver behind the HU so it barely fit (I moved it lower so it fits nicely), he broke two plastic clamps, and he used really crappy speaker wire.

I ended up replacing all the speaker wire, running new wire from the amp in the stock subwoofer location, put in a power line from the battery to the amps, tapped a screw hole for the ground, replaced the back speakers, installed two new amps, and finally installed the subwoofer box. It would have cost me maybe $400 more just in labor at a minimum. Especially with replacing the speaker wire to the front speakers. Running that wire through the doors, while easy enough, was very time consuming. That money is now going towards the purchase of an LCD touch screen.

I guess that's the way I look at it. What could I buy for the money they stereo shop will charge me. Or even better, what component could I get better of. For instance the amp that drives my front and back speakers. I could have gotten the 4/300 instead of the e4300...