Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

DVD/navigation NON-flip out options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
matt sherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD/navigation NON-flip out options?

Kenwood Excelon DDX7015
Kenwood Excelon DDX7017
Eclipse AVN2454

I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade in the Z. I refuse to put a flip out screen in it, becuase I hate them. I'm looking for 2 things.

1. A deck like the 3 listed. touchscreen that is attached, and doesn't flip out. It's just constantly there.

2. A deck that can be attached to a monitor that has a touchscreen interface with the deck.

I want Navigation/dvd/mp3/CD playback.

if you know of any other options besides the 3 listed, please feel free to post them up. If you have any other ideas, feel free to post those aswell.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-25-2005, 09:21 AM
MrGags

the pioneer d1, I was gonna buy it but my stereo guy said it was trash, he said the navi is off as hell. I've used the kenwoods and I don't like them, nav is off as hell aswell. I want the eclipse, but its expensive. My stereo guy said about $2500 installed and that was the price for me. I think I'm gonna go with the alpine d310, I'm also not a fan of flip out but this screen is ipod ready and it plays everything. Good Luck Matt.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGags
the pioneer d1, I was gonna buy it but my stereo guy said it was trash, he said the navi is off as hell. I've used the kenwoods and I don't like them, nav is off as hell aswell. I want the eclipse, but its expensive. My stereo guy said about $2500 installed and that was the price for me. I think I'm gonna go with the alpine d310, I'm also not a fan of flip out but this screen is ipod ready and it plays everything. Good Luck Matt.
I wonder about that Pioneer crack.

They use the same program disk as the AVIC N2's and I'll assume that the antenna/GPS system is as accurate. On my AVIC N2 the thing is dead nutz on. As I turn the wheels to go around a corner at a right hand turn on red the map shifts as the front end does. It knows where the raised center meridian is and isn't along a small road that I drive. Mine's still in the learning mode so accuracy is only going to get better but so far it's with in a car lenght give or take of where I'm at ... if you need more help than that you better have a trained seeing eye dog doing the driving for you.

My AVIC N2 was $1400. BestBuy had them for $1550 with free installation.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:42 PM
matt sherman

I've used the kenwoods and I don't like them, nav is off as hell aswell. I want the eclipse, but its expensive.
I used the pnav715 Kenwood deck in the hummer just last week for my trip out to St. Joseph. Only problem with it is.....flip out.

It was right on, so I have no worries about getting that. Honestly, i'm not expecting any consumer navigation to be dead on, but as long as it can get me to a few miles of the location i'm more than happy, I can find my way through a town, but finding the town in the country, is alittle more difficult.

The eclipse are expensive but the deck I listed can be had for 1500-1600. I'm just looking to see if there are any other options. I like to shop around quite a bit before dropping $1-2,000 in a clean swoop.

Matt
Old 07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
isugoo

Eclipse doesnt' make AVN2454 anymore.
Their current model is AVN5435. Those nav software was used in Lexus a few years ago. So far, it looks like stock and works great.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:04 PM
matt sherman

a few places in the google search for the 2454 showed it as still for sale 14-1500.

Matt
Old 07-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Anomaly460

Man u just busted my bubble about the D1..it was exactly what i was looking for (price and design) because i too think flip ups are tacky. Is there any other model that has a similar design (not the eclipse) that has more accurate nav?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
RANDY350Z

Navigation is sytems are dead on, I had an Alpine (on of the first-CD Rom) and it worked flawlessly. Make sure it is installed correctly, otherwise the position will be off. This occurs if the speed pulse wire is not connected or is not connected correctly. Some vehicle prohibit the use of ( Mercededs is one). Personally I would go with either Eclipse or Kenwood.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:31 AM
thrill350z

go kenwood