Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied With Your Bose Premium Sound System?
Yes
29.65%
No
70.35%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Kraigman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleted.

Last edited by Kraigman; 02-21-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:59 AM
mattvols

Let me clairfy my self Kinnarda. I preordered my Z, paid extra for the Bose option, trusting that it would be a high quality system. It is not a quality system. Therefore, any reputable company would work to solve the problem for one of their very first 350Z owner. Nissan is not responding to the complaints. Therefore, I do not have to drive their cars. There are many other brands out there that look just as good as the Z. So if you want to support a classless company and their, so be it. I don't have to!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:00 PM
NJZLady

Kinnarda,

I agree that we are all being treated VERY poorly by Nissan. I agree that the "premium" sound system is actually below grade for a "standard" system. I also am quite annoyed each time I listen to the system (which is every time I am in the car). I personally have been waiting since December 3 for the amp and am about out of patience.

HOWEVER......................

When I walked in the door of the Nissan dealer I was not shopping for a stereo, I was shopping for a beauty of a car. That's what I got.

When I want to listen to quality sound I turn on my whole house stereo system in my home. When I want to drive a beautiful, hot, powerful car I get in my Z.

'Nuf said.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by NJZLady
Kinnarda,

I agree that we are all being treated VERY poorly by Nissan. I agree that the "premium" sound system is actually below grade for a "standard" system. I also am quite annoyed each time I listen to the system (which is every time I am in the car). I personally have been waiting since December 3 for the amp and am about out of patience.

HOWEVER......................

When I walked in the door of the Nissan dealer I was not shopping for a stereo, I was shopping for a beauty of a car. That's what I got.

When I want to listen to quality sound I turn on my whole house stereo system in my home. When I want to drive a beautiful, hot, powerful car I get in my Z.

'Nuf said.
I agree completely. I didn't turn on the radio or the cd player for 6 WEEKS after I got the car because I loved the Tiger Purr of the exhaust. Every time I started to turn on a sound source, I turned it off immediately. The car made better music than the sound system, and that's what I bought the car for.

BTW, with the amp and head unit swapped out, I adjusted the bass on the radio(the worst offender) to +2 and I GOT more bass w/o going any further. It may be the amp AND the radio that are bad, since I got both changed under warranty. For a car system, its fine to me now. Like NJZLady, I have audiophile music at home, I don't need it in my car.

Last edited by Boomer; 02-21-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:25 PM
CinZ

Default Bose system

Well, I have had the car now for about 6 days. I have to say that when the radio is on the stereo isn't all that. But when I put in a CD (and they ALL sound different) I get better sound. Overall, I agree with all of you that it just isn't what it should be. When I put the bass all the way up to 5, all I mostly get is the rear view mirror bouncing!

2003 350Z Touring Model, Daytona Blue
Old 02-22-2003, 06:00 AM
qirex

Yeah the Bose is VERY dependent on what you give it. Personally I'm satisfied with it - post amp swap. I never listen to the radio anyhow. But IMO - the CDs sound (dare I say?) great!
Old 03-05-2003, 08:47 AM
NJZLady

Talking Finally got the amp replaced

YEAH! I have been waiting since December 3 for my amp replacement and it was finally done yesterday.

I think the sound quality has improved 100%. The difference is staggering. And to boot - the dealer was embarassed that it took so long to acquire the part, and appreciated that I was as patient as I was. Sooooooooooo............. he threw in a free oil change ( I was due anyway) and he had the baby detailed. I guess you really do get more flys with honey.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:12 PM
JBROM06

Default Ok now I don't feel so bad. My system sucks too

I just picked up my black Tuoring with burnt orange seats. The woofer sounds like it's cracked. I have to keep it on -4 just to tolerate it. Driving my Z is like a sleeping with a beutiful woman who you don't want to hear talk.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:17 PM
JBROM06

Unhappy oops sorry about spelling. Typing while under the influence (TWI)

TWI
Old 03-09-2003, 11:00 AM
CinZ

I just tried something with the radio. I faded out the front speakers -- OH MY G _ _ ! What are those back speakers anyhow, they suck!!

Barring that, what has changed about swapping amps? Think I might look into that.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:05 AM
maserom

Question

I'm gettin my touring model next month. How can I tell if the amp in it is the new one or old? Also, anyone have any luck changing out the back speakers only??
Old 03-09-2003, 11:59 AM
CinZ

there are pictures on this site of all the subs that have been added. Look under technical/audio video for the topic that says subs, subs and more subs.

fyi
Old 03-09-2003, 03:22 PM
maserom

my question is, how can i tell if my new z has the new or old amp???
Old 03-13-2003, 11:07 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blose

Originally posted by apr01
The Blose system made my decision between perf and touring. The sound in the perf is WAAAAAAY better than the Blose. With the "premium sound" so sucky, I couldn't see paying the extra 3k just for leather!
Same here. I ordered the performance because the "premium" stereo is actually harder to upgrade because of the wacky bose parts (odd impedance, etc.). With the $3K I saved I can get the seats done in custom leather and replace the base stereo and speakers decent stuff.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:39 AM
mattvols

Smart thinking Andy. I wish I could go back in time and to the same thing.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:33 AM
all_bark

If you have not gotten a Z yet, it will have the new amp.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:41 AM
MSCHOEN2U

Default Inferior Sound System

I have contacted Nissan regarding the Sound System, I was issued a reference # and told that a tsb would be sent to Northpark Nissan for the Boze replacement amp. I told the rep that my '63 VW had a better sound, even if it was an "am" radio.

Besides the Boze and a few rattles & squeaks, I really have no complaints w/ the auto.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:39 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not an owner, not yet. I've been on this site for about 2 months trying to gain as much info as possible. I'm looking to purchase an '04. I was leaning toward the touring model for the leather and upgraded Bose. Would I be better off going with the performance model and spending the $$$ I save on aftermarket leather and a better aftermarket system?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:17 AM
mattvols

Yes Buzzard, that is exactly what I would do. You will be happier with custom leather and a better sound system for less money than going for the Touring package. You will loose the heated seats, but who cares!
Old 03-27-2003, 05:50 PM
CinZ

Default 2004

Don't forget, they are coming out with a CONVERTIBLE. Wish I had waited, but I still LOVE this car!

Quick Reply: How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?