Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Are You Satisfied With Your Bose Premium Sound System?
Yes
29.65%
No
70.35%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 05:53 PM
CinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default site

BTW check it out: http://www.dfwupdate.com/index.html?/nis/350Z04

Sweet huh!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
jplvr

I was planning on getting the Performance model and adding the leather after the summer considering all the bad reviews I've heard about the Bose.

Instead, I got a good deal on a Touring model that was on the lot since the dealer was claiming it would take a factory order to get what I wanted on the lot (3 months or more). When I figured in aftermarket leather, I estimated the Bose cost me $5-600.

I'm not an audiofile or even close, but I think the Bose system I got is good. I don't know if I can justify greatness. I do plan on upgrading it later when I add an PC to the mix. I don't want my DVD's to suffer through FM modulation.

I haven't been listening to the radio alot over the past 48 hours though. I just got the car yesterday.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:26 PM
kweho

Default terrible sound system

my '85 turbo 300zx has a MUCH better sound! much more guts and dynamics.
How do I go about relacing at least the speakers? My '97 cadillac STS bose system kicks major ***, so i don't understand the wimpy system they put in my 12-02 silver touring model....
pleae make suggestions.........
thanks
hk
Old 04-04-2003, 08:29 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default This'll work

Try this:
http://www.sportzmagazine.com/Z_Home.html
Follow Bob's 350Z Mod
Old 04-05-2003, 09:56 AM
dbonski

Angry

Please add me to the list of dissatisfied owners of the Bose system. In spite of the amp change that was made by the dealership to "correct" the system, I still am not happy with this so-called premium system.

David
Old 04-06-2003, 07:18 PM
hockeygabor

Add me to the list.My reasoning is that this is supposed to be a "premium " sound system which it ain't!
Andrew Marshall who is editor of Audio Ideas Magazine cynically refers that make as the "B" brand .
Old 04-08-2003, 08:46 AM
fisherprice

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with the Bose Music System in your 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of this system does not meet our corporate standards and we are committed to rectifying the situation.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division

I am not sure if this was posted yet.
But here is a reply from Bose.
I went to Bose.com and left some feedback.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:16 AM
iris

Originally posted by fisherprice
I am not sure if this was posted yet.
But here is a reply from Bose.
I went to Bose.com and left some feedback.
hmm, so did I (but a couple of months ago) - no word back from Bose to date. I guess they are getting the message by now. Hey fisherprice, did you get your tint?
Old 04-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Greg

I sent email to both a couple months ago. Would love to hear what sorts of fixes they have in mind.

It actually is a refreshing thing to hear them stand up and acknowledge the problem.

But let's not forget the silence from Nissan. Theirs is the ultimate responsibility. It was premium enough for them to position it with a premium price and marketing spin.
Old 04-10-2003, 05:54 PM
RAW22

I know this is nothing new, but they say there is strength in numbers. Hopefully a decision-maker will read this board.

The Bose is by far the worse car stereo I have ever heard.

I am embarrased when I have the radio on with someone else in my car.

My wife has a new Altima with the upgraded Bose system, and it sounds decent (far better than ours at least).

-Richard
Old 04-10-2003, 06:33 PM
fisherprice

hmm, so did I (but a couple of months ago) - no word back from Bose to date. I guess they are getting the message by now. Hey fisherprice, did you get your tint?
Nope not yet. I probably won't get it done until the Grease Issues is resolved. Work also has me swamped due to E3 coming up in a month.

But once I do i will post some pics.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Boomer

Default Bose

How many of you have had your amp AND radio replaced by Nissan? My dealer replaced both and my Bose sounds very good now and my bass and treble controls do change the sound. You need both replaced, not just the amp. Screw waiting for a TSB, tell your dealer what I just told you, then tell NNA again. Get the radio replaced, too. Based on what an earlier poster figured he paid for the Bose, $5-600, it is worth that with the radio replaced and the cd player sounds very good. A premium system for a Lexus, from Mark Levinson is 10 times as much as the figure I just quoted, so if the radio is replaced, you get your money's worth.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:47 AM
GradZ

The Bose sound is SO much worse than what I had in the 2000 M5. First of all, I've owned the 350z for 2 weeks and the difference in the sound system is the first thing I noticed. The bass has no punch! And worst of all, the driver side rear speaker needs to be replaced.

At first I thought it was because of there only being 7 or so speakers in the 350z vs the 15 or so in the M5, but after reading this post I realized I'm not alone in my disappointment with the Bose system.

Since my car is new do I need to look into having the amp and speakers replaced?
Old 04-11-2003, 11:03 AM
soonerz

Exclamation BOSE REPLYS!!!!!

I just received this new reply after many comunications back and forth. Maybe something will be done. At least they want more feedback from the Bose Z owners....... Now if only NIssan would respond in kind...

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the problems you are
experiencing with the Bose sound system in your '03 Nissan Z. We
appreciate the feedback you have provided us.
The current performance level of this system does not meet our corporate
standards and we are committed to rectifying the situation.
We will follow-up with you with more information when a plan has been
finalized.

Please encourage your friends who may be experiencing similar problems to
contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division

Patty has been very patient and understanding. Everybody that is unhappy...notify her... but try to be polite..
e-mail her at support@bose.com

Allow a couple of days for a response....
Old 04-12-2003, 09:19 PM
CinZ

Default Warranty

I just read that NJZ Lady got her amp replaced by the dealer under warranty.

Has anyone had a problem bringing their Z to the dealer with the complaints about the Bose system being substandard?

If I were to do this, I'd like to be informed as to what to say and how to get them to cover it under warranty. Otherwise, what is Bose doing about it. If they are acknowledging the problem I doubt they will be replacing the head unit/amp for free!!!

Please let me know how many of you have had this unit changed out under warranty. I'm sure we are all used to the "run around" about things like this. I just want to go in with a vengeance.

Thanks in advance for the info!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 07:08 AM
kweho

Question i am sorry that i am unfamiliar with some of the lingo.............

I have emailed both Nissan and Bose about my dissatisfaction with the stereo, and demanding a remedy. I need some info...
what is the "head unit" and what is the TSB?
please excuse my ignorance, but we all can help each other...........
thanks
hk
Old 04-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Boomer

Default Re: i am sorry that i am unfamiliar with some of the lingo.............

Originally posted by kweho
I have emailed both Nissan and Bose about my dissatisfaction with the stereo, and demanding a remedy. I need some info...
what is the "head unit" and what is the TSB?
please excuse my ignorance, but we all can help each other...........
thanks
hk
Do a seach for TSBs, TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS, an owner compiled a list of them earlier.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:05 PM
randyj

Damn. I voted yes but I intended to vote no. The question is not posed correctly... the pole is invalid because of all incorrect votes. Damn butterfly ballot!

I have the touring also... I F$%king hate the bose system. I also hate the fact that I'm going to spend over 2k to fix it. My 15 year old clock radio sounds better.

Note: I've talked with a couple of installers that have worked on the new Zs. They seem to think that if you put a decent amp with decent speakers, you can keep the head unit. Sure you might lose 10-15% keeping the deck but you gain over a 1000% in sound while keeping the deck.

comments?

-Randy
Old 04-14-2003, 06:02 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by randyj
Damn. I voted yes but I intended to vote no. The question is not posed correctly... the pole is invalid because of all incorrect votes. Damn butterfly ballot!

I have the touring also... I F$%king hate the bose system. I also hate the fact that I'm going to spend over 2k to fix it. My 15 year old clock radio sounds better.

Note: I've talked with a couple of installers that have worked on the new Zs. They seem to think that if you put a decent amp with decent speakers, you can keep the head unit. Sure you might lose 10-15% keeping the deck but you gain over a 1000% in sound while keeping the deck.

comments?

-Randy
Someone earlier estimated that the Bose upgrade would be about $5-600. If he's correct, that is a good price for what I have after the amp and radio were replaced at the same time. The cd player has always sounded good and the radio is now OK. I don't listen to it much, so I don't regard it highly as I do the cd player.

BTW, no "audiophile" system I have seen in years costs less than $1000-1200 in a car. Its certainly your choice to spend $2000 on your sound system, but audiophile sound is not realistic at the prices I have been quoted. Remember, the Touring option has other items on it besides the Bose.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:31 AM
NJZLady

I just read that NJZ Lady got her amp replaced by the dealer under warranty.
CinZ,

I brought a copy of the TSB to the Service Department of my Dealer and had them take it from there. It took months to get the amp, but it did make a difference. I know that the system is still not what a premium system should sound like, but it is better. I am going to send an email to Patty at Bose Customer Relations as per soonerz's message and I urge all to do the same. Let's see what happens.
Drive safe,
NJZ Lady

Quick Reply: How Many Are Dissatisified With The Bose Premium Sound System?