Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

For anyone looking to get High End Speakers...here is another one to the list :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:27 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For anyone looking to get High End Speakers...here is another one to the list :)

for anyone who is looking for a set of high end speakres that sound absolutely amazing, i recently installed a set of Polk SR6500 components in the kick panels, and quite to my amazement, they sound absolutely fantastic!

good controled midbass, EXCELLENT mids and highs...i was blown away...i have added it to my list of favorite speakrse that includes AVI bsm, Morel Ovation, and DLS ultimate

for a long time, i never liked polk cuase i just never thought htye sounded as good as they should for hte price, but they really pulled out all the stops on this one.

these are engineered with VIFA, so that should speak volumes about them.

it also features one of hte nicest crossovers on the market, with bi-amp bi-wire capability and zoebel network

here is the link:

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/sr6500/

to maximize their potential, i would put them in an AP pod built into the door location, or kicks...
Old 01-26-2006, 08:45 AM
dannichols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Mid construction reminds me of MBQ Q Series.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

how much do they cost?

BTW, they don't fit for ZR.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/fi...2005&trim=9912
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

i never liked the Q series, whcih i know a lot of people do like and i understand is a well made sepaker, but they just sound way too harsh to me, even wtih tweeter on the lowest setting

not a problem with these babies
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 AM
dannichols

I had the P series which I believe was a step down from Q. I had the same problems with Harshness. Perhaps it was from the alum tweeters or the crossover points..who knows..had to get rid of them.

Best set I"ve had in this car so far was PG Titanium Elite, which I recall were actually manuf by Morel. They have only 2" mounting depth and can be installed with 1/2" MDF spacer in the doors. The silk Tweeters were a beast (2.1" no swivel) but were do-able in the kicks using some modeling clay to aim them. To me they had a lot of the qualities you mentioned above.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:23 AM
dannichols

Oh, only reason I mentioned MBQ was because the backend (basket) of these polks looks very similar. The MBs were one of the only higher quality sets I've run across with a plastic poly frame instead of metal..Is the Polk set also plastic?

Last edited by dannichols; 01-26-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

the PG elites were pretty much morel drivers, with better crossovers

alex, should they would fit, they are convertible to a coax, and i am sure you can ge them to fit, or you can use your pods that you ahve that would work well...

as for cost, lists for about 900, and between 8-900 is about what you will pay...they arent whored out on ebay

i charge a bit less since i can get them through a freind who is a polk distributor :P