Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audiophile speaker door Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 06:17 AM
mf01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiophile speaker door Question

Are there any hard core audiophiles here? I want to put a good set of 6.5" components in the door of the 350. I was wondering how mid-bass responds in the doors. I will only have front speakers and a sub for imaging purposes. Having rear speakers, IMO, screws the sound imaging and quality up. I was talking to one of my friends and he said it was hard to build fiberglass containers to seal the 6.5" for good strong mid-bass. So I am either going to dynomat the door so it is an enclosure or leave it be. What have your opinions of mid-bass in the doors been?
Old 01-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple of threads in regard to door speakers that should cover the subject for you. In the second thread (at the end) I posted another link to a really high end system put in by Nizl:

Door speaker post #1
Door speaker post #2
Old 01-26-2003, 07:35 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you I am running full range eclipse 6.5" off headunit and the passenger door rattles. I have used dynomat and the rattle changed sounds but was still there. I bought some foam tape from lowes and started taping all the plastic contact points on the inside of the door shell (the factory did some of this, I followed their lead). It is much better. Still a rattle every now and then but I think it is actually from the door seal area now. I will keep at till its gone.

I have not heard anyone else complain about this so either they did it right the first time or corrected it and never spoke of the problem. The only way you will really know is to do it and see (I mean hear).