Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Can we get a sticky for...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:09 AM
pinoyhero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can we get a sticky for...

order of installation.

I know that people shouldn't be upgrading their systems piecemeal and have a grand plan but some of us just aren't sure how far we'll be going. I have the '03 Bose w/o navi and want better and louder sound. What should i be doing first, second, third ect.

From the seaches I've done sounds like the first move is a solid HU, is that going to do a great deal, will I be able to notice a real change in sound qual and intensity? If so then whats next? If not then what should the first move be?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
pinoyhero

Any ideas guys, I called around today and found a shop that will order in an adaptor for me to use a new HU with the factory BOSE set up. If no one can answer my above question, then what about this...

Keeping in mind I'm going to keep everything but the original head unit, what deck is going to give me the best value, no the cheapest but not the most expensive either. In other words I dont want to spend 200 when 300 will make a big diff, but at the same time i dont want to spend 600 when the diff between that and a 400 deck wont be that noticalbe. Any ideas?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is my simple rule, of course i always try to tell epople to get it all done at once...but if they insist on doing it piecemeal:

1. Headunit

the you need to decide if you are going to upgrade to an aftermarket amplifier ans subs or not...

if the answer is no:

then:

2. upgrade sepakers, and youa re done

if yes then:

3. upgrade front speakres with better speakres that can later be run off the amp.

4. add front speaker amp

5. add sub

b
Old 03-16-2006, 07:58 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When picking out a headunit or anyother equipment, look at the add-on options for it. Example, I went with the alpine iva-d310, because i wanted to later add navigation, 31-band eq. and in the near future alpine is coming out with USB interface and Bluetooth phone interface add-on units. Doing the home work now will save you money down the road when you do start adding on to your system.
Worrest thing to do is get a headunit and then a year later have to change it out because a add-on unit doesnt work with it.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:13 PM
pinoyhero

Thanks for the ideas, next question, bang for the buck assuming I'm adding nothing else and I want ipod capability, what the best deck?
Old 03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i recommend this
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=91
"CleanSweep® CL441dsp Technologies Reviews

The cure for factory sound no longer requires major surgery.
CleanSweep® CL441dsp: Technologies

Aftermarket sound with a factory head unit? You bet...
As automakers continue to abandon the stand-alone, standard-sized head-unit in favor of integrated designs, JL Audio’s product development team felt that a need existed for a high-quality integration solution. This product would need to deliver world-class audio results while not interfering with vehicle functionality, safety or reliability.
To this end, we embarked on a two-year project to develop CleanSweep® CL441dsp — a patent-pending, DSP-based solution that permits almost any factory-installed audio system to serve as the source for a high-performance aftermarket sound system while also providing input for an additional source of your choice."
Old 03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
pinoyhero

Cool, any other reviews on this puppy, how's it sound on our BOSE Z'S? how much?