Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Double Din Alpine w/ H701

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:21 AM
cnynracer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this thing had NAV, it would be sweet!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 AM
microman

Its the Alpine IVA-W200. Navigation is not included with it, however, you can add it on. I have been doing a lot of reading on this deck, and it sounds really sweet.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
playa6tnine

is it possible to play a DVD through that unit, and have it display on a screen in the Navigation cubby?
Old 04-10-2006, 10:42 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdohman
I just got my unit today. I will hopefully be installing it tonight with pictures for everyone. this unit is freakin sweet and with the full speed ipod connection it makes me love it even more. Once I get pictures up I will also be offereing friends and family pricing for all forum memebers looking for one threw my store.

CAN YOU PRICE AN eCLIPSE AVN-7000 ???
Old 04-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by playa6tnine
is it possible to play a DVD through that unit, and have it display on a screen in the Navigation cubby?

yes it is possible...someone used to (I am sure they still do) make a box that adds a set of video inputs to the navigation screen.. I have been away from the forum for a while and lost the links to the guys stuff

run a search in google for nissan navigation video input thingy...should be able to find something or a tutorial. They are not cheap but yes it can be done.

*edit*
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundvidnissan1.html
enjoy
Old 04-10-2006, 12:13 PM
SmokyTyrz

Hey Justin, is that forum discount retroactive? :-p

Also...We didn't talk about playing DVD's when I'm drivin..and I definitely will want that fix (I'm the 06 Silverstone R-Tune coming in for the install on 4/18).

One more thing... what is the biggest difference between using that processor or not? Would the DVD audio still be channeled in any way without the processor? Or would it just dump to every speaker (including the sub) at the same time?

I ask because I really have no idea how often I'll be playing DVD's. Music quality is paramount and I've always been happy with the EQ processor that comes built-in with my past Alpine HUs. My ears aren't sensitive enough to pick up the nuances of parametric tuning, etc.

Let me know what you recommend for someone who is 90% music and 10% DVD (at most).

Thx!
-Dave
Old 04-10-2006, 01:24 PM
jdohman

Originally Posted by SmokyTyrz
Hey Justin, is that forum discount retroactive? :-p

Also...We didn't talk about playing DVD's when I'm drivin..and I definitely will want that fix (I'm the 06 Silverstone R-Tune coming in for the install on 4/18).

One more thing... what is the biggest difference between using that processor or not? Would the DVD audio still be channeled in any way without the processor? Or would it just dump to every speaker (including the sub) at the same time?

I ask because I really have no idea how often I'll be playing DVD's. Music quality is paramount and I've always been happy with the EQ processor that comes built-in with my past Alpine HUs. My ears aren't sensitive enough to pick up the nuances of parametric tuning, etc.

Let me know what you recommend for someone who is 90% music and 10% DVD (at most).

Thx!
-Dave

Dave the price has allready been adjusted on you ticket As for the processer. The reason why I got it because I wanted full control on how the music sounded in my car. I just enjoy tuning and having fun listening. As far as the Dvd's in the car. You will need the TR7 which I will order in for you. The sound on dvd's will be in stereo and not mono which you are thinking of. If you get the processer it will do 5.1 but you would need a center channel to run that. we could do in the cubby.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:57 PM
maxipad96

Since you own your own shop I would like to know of a unit that can do this.

I would like to be able to play DVD from a unit. Display the dvd on the screen in my nav cubby and run navigation on the actual screen of the unit. Are there any units that can do this?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 AM
CAVZ33

Originally Posted by maxipad96
Since you own your own shop I would like to know of a unit that can do this.

I would like to be able to play DVD from a unit. Display the dvd on the screen in my nav cubby and run navigation on the actual screen of the unit. Are there any units that can do this?
Eclipse AVN6600 W/ RAS-100.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:05 AM
maxipad96

I know wrong thread title, but Pioneer D2 question:

D2 Question for anyone who knows.

I'm wondering if this is possible running the D2.

I want to have an auxilary DVD source wired into the auxilary video input of the D2. I then want to have a secondary monitor that is receiving the auxilary video output from the D2. If the D2 is wired like this, is it possible to view video on the 2nd screen and still run navigation on the main D2 screen?
Old 04-12-2006, 01:31 PM
SmokyTyrz

Originally Posted by jdohman
Dave the price has allready been adjusted on you ticket As for the processer. The reason why I got it because I wanted full control on how the music sounded in my car. I just enjoy tuning and having fun listening. As far as the Dvd's in the car. You will need the TR7 which I will order in for you. The sound on dvd's will be in stereo and not mono which you are thinking of. If you get the processer it will do 5.1 but you would need a center channel to run that. we could do in the cubby.
Rockin. :-) I'll use the system for a while before I make a decision on the 5.1 setup. Stereo is likely to be enough for me. Plus I have other plans for the cubby.

Thx man! cya on Tuesday!

-Dave
Old 04-23-2006, 05:52 AM
classic6

you can play movies when driving with this unit. all you need to do is get a toggle switch. take the yellow/black wire and hook it up to a lead in the foot brake. then take the yellow/blue wire and hook it to a toggle switch. also ground the toggle switch. then press the foot brake and turn the toggle switch on and off two times then leave it on. let off of the foot brake and the movie will play. all the emergency brake does is act as a switch.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
NYC_G35C

Originally Posted by classic6
you can play movies when driving with this unit. all you need to do is get a toggle switch. take the yellow/black wire and hook it up to a lead in the foot brake. then take the yellow/blue wire and hook it to a toggle switch. also ground the toggle switch. then press the foot brake and turn the toggle switch on and off two times then leave it on. let off of the foot brake and the movie will play. all the emergency brake does is act as a switch.
or you could just buy the PAC Audio TR-7 which automatically triggers the proper sequence on the Alpine every time you start the car, enabling DVD playback automatically
Old 05-19-2006, 02:05 PM
budros

Im getting one.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:59 PM
clk1022

I am interested. one question, can this unit have dual output? play DVD while using the navi(if added one) Also, how can I order one from you?

Last edited by clk1022; 05-19-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:54 PM
budros

John sent you a pm waiting on reply