Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Some interior carnage pics from my stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Metal Heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some interior carnage pics from my stereo install

Massive interior rip down. I took a few snaps of all the plastic pieces that came out of the car... it's kinda ridiculous haha.

You can see the entire center stack and console are out of the car here

The sub I was putting in and old Headunit already out

Trunk totall ripped apart. The wiring there is from the previous owner, I had to rip it all out.

Interior before I pulled the entire center console out.

Area behind the seats with all the plastic interio bits out after the console was removed.

Pic from inside the trunk

More stuff added to the pile... it got even bigger later but I was too tired to take pics.

Console and other ish.

I got all the wiring done but my sub won't power on... So tomorrow my friend Matt is gonna be the cool guy and help me troubleshoot with a multimeter. and then I'll put the interior back together just in time for the car to goto the dealer to get the trans done. Looks like I won't be driving the Z much in the next week or two
Old 04-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine apart in a three car garage and neatly laid everything out piece-by-piece filling the thing from one side to the other. Hope everything works out with your sub-woofer amplifier and everything goes back together again ... as there are many panels that have to be put in in the right order for others to snap into place. Go slow.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

I took everything out once... it filled up a room in my buddies house.

I suggest getting some plastic panel clips for the installation...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Metal Heart

I hope to get underway by 6pm ... and then I gotta just work on it til the car gets done because it has to be in one piece and at the dealer tomorrow for the fuel line recall, my auto-dimming mirror to be fixed, and possibly a new trans.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:27 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always learned...test everything before snapping everything back together!

You even removed the styrofoam in the trunk!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Metal Heart

Yeah I had to remove it because of the way the P/Os wiring was.
I'm glad to say it's all back together and everything worked.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Machupo

wondering if you could take a pic from the rear, under the strut bar (looking towards the wall behind the seats?

i'm looking into how much metal i would have to cut to have a pair of subs built into the wall, rear facing into the trunk, but using a box in the behind-seat cubbies as their air chambers. (want rear facing, but don't want to lose any trunkspace )

as many pics of the stripped down area between the seats and the rear lateral strut brace as you could post would be awesome -- thanks!
Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Metal Heart

Originally Posted by Machupo
wondering if you could take a pic from the rear, under the strut bar (looking towards the wall behind the seats?

i'm looking into how much metal i would have to cut to have a pair of subs built into the wall, rear facing into the trunk, but using a box in the behind-seat cubbies as their air chambers. (want rear facing, but don't want to lose any trunkspace )

as many pics of the stripped down area between the seats and the rear lateral strut brace as you could post would be awesome -- thanks!
Sorry man but the interior is all back together and the pics I posted are the only ones I have...
That being said, I don't think you'll fit anything back there. It's not deep enough. You couldn't even fit an 8in sub there IIRC.

Hope that helps
-Ryan
Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM
rkd350z

holy!!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Machupo

Originally Posted by Metal Heart
Sorry man but the interior is all back together and the pics I posted are the only ones I have...
That being said, I don't think you'll fit anything back there. It's not deep enough. You couldn't even fit an 8in sub there IIRC.

Hope that helps
-Ryan

i see what you mean if you were going laterally (the sub in the mail slot area pointing at the rear) -- what i'm thinking about is a little lower and at a slight upward angle. thinking about positioning the subs at about a 20-30 degree up angle on/in that shelf that is just rear of the mail slots (the one that is just forward of the spare tire well). so the main volume of the subs (magnet, etc..) would protrude into the cubby space behind the seats (which i could form a fiber box around), leaving the face of the subs as far forward as possible).

if i ever get around to it, i think i could put the entire system (JL 300x4, 1000x1, cap, crossovers) in the cubbies and have the face of the subs (10w7 x 2) in front of the strut bar. that would leave me with a ton of trunk space to build some nice sound

just an idea i'm throwing around

can't wait to see finished pics of your system -- definitely looks like a nice setup!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Jes-Z

wow! That is alot to remove, but that's my next project. I have all my speakers, Amps, Subs, Dynamat, and box ready for install I'm just gonna make sure I have plenty of time so I do it once and only once.