Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Eclipse System Set-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:53 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eclipse System Set-up

I am in the process of upgrading my car stereo system. I have the following items ready to install:

Eclipse AVN-7000 HU w/ Nav
Eclipse IPOD adapter
Eclipse Sirus Radio Tuner
Eclipse CD changer
ARC Audio 5 channel amp
Image Dynamics 10" Sub
DynAudio 6.5" speakers & 1" tweeters

The install directions don't show how to hook-up the IPOD adapter, Sirius tuner AND CD changer. They just show the adpater OR radio tuner and CD changer installed. I contacted the tech support people @ Eclipse but did not get a good answer...they told me to use a toggle switch between the IPOD adapter & Sirius tuner??? Does anyone have any feedback on how to install ALL of these components??
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 AM
rotaryrocket7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have one aux. input to work two devices off of (the I-Pod and Sat Radio), which they indicate will require a switcher. What you need is something to run both inputs into (rca's in) and have one output go to the deck. Then you can determine which input the deck sees by the switching unit. You can probably purchase this at Best Buy or somewhere like that. Radio Shack would be my first choice, but I don't know if you have them in NY. Just my .02
Old 05-02-2006, 09:32 AM
lololepro

Rotaryrocket this won't help him, all these units use the changer port... Since the sirius tuner and the iPod interface are pass-through I would try connecting all the units in a chain... Something like HU to Sirius to iPod to changer... I have never done this, it's just a suggestion... Hope it helps...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:34 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by lololepro
Rotaryrocket this won't help him, all these units use the changer port... Since the sirius tuner and the iPod interface are pass-through I would try connecting all the units in a chain... Something like HU to Sirius to iPod to changer... I have never done this, it's just a suggestion... Hope it helps...
Funny....that is what the tech rp said when I called, but he als kept referring to the need for a toggle switch. I confused!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
rotaryrocket7

My bad, Lololepro is right. You should be able to pass them through (the E-lan connectivity on Eclipse's website).
sorry about the bad info, I just wasn't thinking...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:31 PM
RANDY350Z

I am having the same problem. I have the AVN5435, sirius, MD changer and Ipod. I connected the cable to the sirius tuner and did not get the icon for a cd changer. I am going to reconnect it tommarow--fun the Ipc directlly to te unit, then Sirius to Lan 1 and cd changer to lan2. I emailed them and tey responded back by setting the AB switches on the Ipc. Connections are not clear on the instructions included. Worse case I will call them tommarow and clear this up!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:44 AM
z350boy
Banned

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
I am having the same problem. I have the AVN5435, sirius, MD changer and Ipod. I connected the cable to the sirius tuner and did not get the icon for a cd changer. I am going to reconnect it tommarow--fun the Ipc directlly to te unit, then Sirius to Lan 1 and cd changer to lan2. I emailed them and tey responded back by setting the AB switches on the Ipc. Connections are not clear on the instructions included. Worse case I will call them tommarow and clear this up!
As they say in NY .....BIGUP for the info!!! Let me know what you find out and I will do the same. You would think since they offer all these accesories they would have install info that takes every scenario into account!!! I am also looking at the Eclipse DCU105 unit as a possible solution. It's a multimedia center that you plug your accessories into, howver the hook diagrams DO NOT show how to do the hook up you and I need!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
rotaryrocket7

The other option I noticed when reviewing the installation manual on the eclipse website was the TVRxxx (I forget the actual numerical denomination). I believe it was an over the air TV tuner, but it seemed like the box for it allowed for multiple inputs. Sorry there isn't anything else I can offer up. Best of luck!!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 PM
RANDY350Z

Ok, I called Eclipse today, this is wat I found out.

1. Connect the IPC directly to the unit--my case the 5435.
2. Connect the Sirius tuner to the IPC--Lan 2
3. Connect the Cd Changer to the Sirius tuner.

Set the switches to A A.

If you want to have text for the Ipod, connect a toggle switc at the Sirius power wires. ( on/on switch)----tis is wat they recommended.

The only thing I can figure is that when this came out, they tested it without the Sirius tuner connected and a changer connected. I mentioned that the directions were not very clear for connections.

I did ask if all this is the same for the Ipod ready units and they said no, everyting can be connected!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:50 PM
RANDY350Z

Damn H key keeps sticking The toggle switc is for displaying text, otherwise it will just read track info. This directs power to the IPC so you use the Sirius part. Weird I know but this is wat appens wen they come out with new stuff to integrate with old. I wrote notes so if you can't figure the wires on the toggle let me know. I will be doing this on Sunday. I ooked up the MD changer and it works, now I just have to connect it to the 5435 to make sure it is compatible (this is from Japan)
Old 05-06-2006, 04:56 AM
z350boy
Banned

Damn H key keeps sticking The toggle switc is for displaying text, otherwise it will just read track info. This directs power to the IPC so you use the Sirius part. Weird I know but this is wat appens wen they come out with new stuff to integrate with old. I wrote notes so if you can't figure the wires on the toggle let me know. I will be doing this on Sunday. I ooked up the MD changer and it works, now I just have to connect it to the 5435 to make sure it is compatible (this is from Japan)
I would really appreciate any note you may have!!! I am also looking to start the install on my system Sunday. Good Luck with your install!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:33 PM
RANDY350Z

No luck, I don't know what the hell is going on. I connected the IPC to the AVN, then Sirius, then the MD changer. When Sirius is on, I get The "aquiring signal" and it as two selections blank--I gues this means I can access the Ipod.......

Thing is, Eclipse told me to choose cd changer 1 or 2 but that Icon doesn't
come up.

Are there two Elan cables--one for Sirius and one for Cd changer?

I am guessing that my dealer forgot to connect it and leave it in the box if so. I have two unplugged areas on my unit! Does yours have two slots?
Old 05-10-2006, 08:03 AM
RANDY350Z

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGTY THEN! I got it to work. Step one is done.

Z350boy, disconnect power to the Ipc, set switches to AA. Then connect elan cables then connect power to the IPC. Connect power to your AVN unit--power should be disconnected when doing this from the avn.

AFter all connections are made turn your car on. Check source or menu and the changer Icon should come up--you should ave two changer 1 and changer 2. I connected the Ipc directly to the avn, then Sirius. Tomarrow I will connect my md changer and run sirius to the md changer--not sure if the md canger is compatible since it is for japan models.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
350izzle

Glad to hear u got it all working. Eclipse is teh hot shizzle!! and ARC.

HOW BOUT SOME PICS!?!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
RANDY350Z

Its in My Qx4, I'm waiting to put a new system in the Z till the fall when hopefully the new AVN units--HDD will be out. Generally Eclipse releases new stuff in the fall and into the next year. I think we will be getting the AVN7905. I will send pics this weekend---hopefully my MD changer is compatible!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:01 AM
RANDY350Z

Here is the detail:

1. get an ON/ON switch from Radio shack --three prongs
2. Left or Right connector to the IPC and Sirius power. ( dissconnect power to constant power and route it to the switch.)
3. Middle wire connector to constant power.
4. Set switch to A/B.

This turns off the Sirius and turns on the IPC to go thru the Siruis for Track info, etc.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:35 AM
z350boy
Banned

Here is the detail:

1. get an ON/ON switch from Radio shack --three prongs
2. Left or Right connector to the IPC and Sirius power. ( dissconnect power to constant power and route it to the switch.)
3. Middle wire connector to constant power.
4. Set switch to A/B.
This turns off the Sirius and turns on the IPC to go thru the Siruis for Track info, etc.
Thanks for the info RANDY350Z !!! I am going to redo as you suggest. I will let you nkow how it comes out.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:25 AM
RANDY350Z

MD changer is not compatible with USA units. I tried 3 different ways --would not recognize it.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
z350boy
Banned

MD changer is not compatible with USA units. I tried 3 different ways --would not recognize it.
I'll be on the line with Eclipse tomorrow!! Part of my day job involves finding a companies business information so I WILL find a contact. I'll let you know the outcome!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:52 PM
RANDY350Z

Did you find out any info ?