Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Clarion VX765 or Alpine IVA-W200?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:37 PM
BlueBoxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarion VX765 or Alpine IVA-W200?

Ok, so it comes down to the head unit. I like the flush look of the Alpine and dual D/A converters, while the ipod interface of the Clarion and menu is easier to navigate and it has the amp cancellation feature on it as well. Both are approximately the same cost and only have 2 volt preouts. They will be paired up with:

Elemental Design nine4
Elemental Design nine2X
Elemental Design Ov211
a/d/s components all around (346 up front and 246 in the rear)
Knuconcept wiring all around (karma series RCA and wire)

Does anyone have feedback on either unit and those with the Alpine, can you post pictures of the ipod menu and navigation features? The Tweeter locally does not have their up and running yet, but the Clarion is soo smooth and easy to navigate.

Any help with finding my final piece is appreciated
Old 05-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

both have crap 2v preouts, if your looking for high fidelity look at something else. ddx7017, ddx8017, any of the eclipse models.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Crewctlvr

Did you look at the Clarion MAX675VD It has touch screen control, DVD playback and voice recognition control of the optional HDD navigation system. The MAX675VD as the only true 2-DIN iPod controller in the industry with 5.1-channel surround processing capabilities, Satellite Radio connectivity and additional component connectivity for CD/DVD changers, TV tuner and additional video monitors. The integrated parametric equalization and 200 total watts of on-board power make this unit the only true, integrated digital media controller.

IMHO a two DIN unit will look better. At this point I am burning my own CD's from my iTunes playlists. With the Alpine installed here in Nashville it is more then $1,500 OTD.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:31 PM
BlueBoxer

I am not hugely concerned about the preout, after many discussions with various installers and people who build competitive system, most agree that a well installed system with above average RCAs will suffice with only a two volt preout. Plus, my main concern is navigating my ipod with the most ease and a good balance of sound to cost ration. If I am that disappointed with the preout I will add a JL clean sweep or Alpine processor or Clarion equalizer or sound processor to increase the preout and clean up the sound. My choice has been limited to the two units previously mentioned after a lot of demos and research. They fit my budget and overall goal very well and both have pros and cons, I am mainly interested in feedback regarding those two units. If I had the funds and desire for a killer system I would of went with an Eclipse deck and maybe Focal or the Polk SR6500 comps, but I wanted a good blend of sound without going all out crazy and emptying the bank.

All the above components have cost me less than seven hundred after utilizing discounts, hookups and factory direct ordering. Well, actually a thousand because I forgot the door pods and magic box from Nazar. The two decks mention will keep it under two thousand if I go with the Alpine and around $1800 with the Clarion. So, any input or pics of these two decks in action would be very much appreciated. I consider the Kenwood 8017 which can be found for around a thousand, but I have seen a couple members on this board switch from Kenwood to the Alpine unit and seem happier with the switch.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:40 PM
BlackyZ

I recently fitted an alpine iva w200 as my main criteria was the ipod function

and so far my experience is one of utter delight.

ipod playlist,artist or song title searches are a doddle.

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...nt=ivaw200.jpg