Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Group buy on 350z sub enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Paul Doerrer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group buy on 350z sub enclosure

FOR ALLYOU PEOPLE WHO E- MAILED ME HTNKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS. FOR ALL OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW ME HERE GOES. MY NAME IS PAUL. I OWN A CUSTOM STEREO SHOP IN BEAUTIFUL SAN DIEGO. I HAVE DONE A FEW STEREO INSTALLS IN THE NEW 350Z AND HAVE COME UP WITH A VERY NICE SOUNDING AND COSMETICALLY GOOD LOCKING SUB ENCLOSURE. THE OWNER OF THIS CAR HAPPENS TO BE MY SONS TEACHER SO I WAS VERY MOTIVATED TO DO A PERFECT JOB. YOU ALL CAN VIEW THIS INSTALL AT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS THREAD AT ZLAND. JEFF HAD ASKED ME IF I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A GROUP BUY ON THIS SUB BOX AND WOULD I COME UP WITH SOME PRICING. AFTER GETTING A LOT OF E-MAILS IT SEEMS MANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED. SO THIS IS HOW IT IS GOING TO WORK

IF I GET COMMITTMENTS PRICING WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:
1-5 450.00
6-10 425.00
11-15 400.00
16-UP 375.00

I AM RECCOMMENDING THE IMAGE DYNAMICS IDQ10V2D2 SUBWOOFER THAT RETAILS FOR 239.00 BUT IF YOU ORDER AN ENCLOSURE FROM ME IT WOULD PRICE AT 189.00 I AM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR THIS WOOFER AND BELIEVE IT IS SONICALLY THE BEST. I CANNOT GUARRANTEE ANY OTHER WOOFER WOULD FIT BUT MANY OTHERS WILL. YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE SPECS FOR THS SUB AT http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/
TO COMPARE MAGNET AND BASKET SIZE. FOR EFFICIENCY I AM ONLY GOING TO PRODUCE BLACK BOXES AT FIRST. THEY IN MY INVESTIGATION SEEM TO BE 95% OF THE INTERIOR COLORS.

FREIGHT WOULD ALSO BE ADDED ACCORDING TO HOW YOU WANT IT MAILED. FOR AN ESTEMATE I COULD SAY GROUND SHIP TO CALIFORNIA WOULD BE APPROX 10.00 THE SAME GROUND SHIP TO NEW YORK WOULD BE ABOUT 30.00
APPROXIMATE CONSTRUCTION TIME SHOUD BE THREE TO FIVE WEEKS DEPENDING ON HOW MANY ARE ORDERED. I WILL NEED A DEPOSIT OF 150.00 FOR EACH ORDER TO CONFIRM. I CAN TAKE CREDIT CARD AND WILL NOT CHARGE THE DEPOSIT UNTIL I HAVE ALL ARDERS CONFIRMED BY MARCH 3RD, THATS ONE WEE FROM NOW. THEN I WILL E-MAIL EACH INTERESTED PARTY BACK AND CONFIRM FINAL PRICE.

IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED PLEASE E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY AT PDOERRER@AOL.COM
WITH:

CREDIT CARD#, EXP.DATE CC MAILING STREET ADDRESS AND ZIP CODE.

DO YOU WANT ENCLOSURE ALONE OR WITH A SUBWOOFER

IF YOU NEED A SUB DO YOU NEED A 4 OHM OR 2 OHM OR EVEN A 1 OHM LOAD (THAT TELLS ME WHICH SUB TO SEND)

HOW DO YOU WANT IT SHIPPED

WHERE TO SHIP TO

YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER ARE HELPFUL

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THIS SEND A CASHIERS CHECK TO OUR STORE WITH A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL AT
STREETNOYZ
3450-A KURTZ ST.
SAN DIEGO CA 92110

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME AT THE STORE 619-260-1747 OR JUST E-MAIL ME. JEFF ALSO SEEMS VERY HAPPY TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ALSO SO CHECK OUT HIS STRING AT ZLAND. THERE ARE SOME NICE PICTURES THERE. I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER Z ON THIS SITE THAT WAS BUILT AT OUR SHOP. I DON'T KNOW IF HE WANTS HIS ADDRESS GIVEN BUT I WILL TALK TO HIM LATER. IF YOU FIND IT IT IS A SINGLE IDMAX 12 AND LOOKS AWESOME.
MY SHOP DOES QUALITY WORK AND FIRST THINGS FIRST WE WANT THE CUSTOMER HAPPY. THEN WE CAN MAKE THE MONEY LATER.

THANKS FOR LISTENING TO ME AND I HOPE THIS WORKS OUT FOR ALL OF YOU AS WELL AS US HERE.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default pic of sub enclosure

Here is the sub enclosure for my 10" sub. Paul made for me and will be duplicated for this group sale.

Jeff

Last edited by zland; 09-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:37 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default grill off

Sub enclosure with 10" Image Dyn. with grill off. This enclosure simply fits right into your car. There is no modifications needed that will change your car so if you want to take it out, it will look just like it did prior to you installing it.

Old 02-24-2003, 04:39 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default left close up pic

Left side close up of enclosure

Old 02-24-2003, 04:40 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default rt close up

right close up detail of enclosure

Old 02-24-2003, 04:41 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default pic of grill

Grill pic

Old 02-24-2003, 05:15 PM
BigZ

Default A Few More Details

Paul,

Could you give us a bit more detail as to how the box is attached, how much altering is required and if the carpet needs to have holes put into it?

I would just like more insight into the overall package before making a commitment.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mike
Old 02-24-2003, 06:23 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Mike:

My suggestion is to get the quick answer is to call Paul at his shop. I pasted his phone number and e-mail address below since he is quicker to contact that way. In my case, i had him cut my carpet to match it. You better ask Paul if you are required to cut the carpet or not. I wish i could be more specific on installation but Paul did my entire installation so I just got in the car and enjoyed it. I remember him stating something about he kept the foam as is but did fasten the enclosure by fastening a plate underneth the foam to the enclosure. I think it is best again if Paul explains how he did this and how you would do it to install it. I will tell you what I will do: I need to take my Z back down there so Paul can use my Z as a mold for everyone's enclosure. When i am down there, i will take pics of how it fastens so it can be posted. Unfortuantely, I do not plan on driving down to his shop (35 miles away) until I leave him the car to make the molds, is that good enough for you or is this a deal breaker? Again, Paul can most likely explain it sufficiently over the phone for you. If not, lets deal with it after you talk to him. I will do whatever everyone needs to get the job done.

Contact info:

PDOERRER@AOL.COM
619-260-1747

I hope this helps...Jeff
Old 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
KJ-350

Is this for one box / one side only? Or one for each side of the hatch?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:18 AM
BigZ

Default Follow-up

Jeff,

I talked to Paul once.. but I am curious about all the install details. Therefore, I'll call him first to see if I can get more of an understanding. I would think I'm not the only one that will ask these questions, however. So in the end, Paul may want to describe the installation procedure to make sure no one is in for a possible shock once they receive it.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Mike (BigZ): I just spoke to Paul concerning installation. There is a plate he will provide that goes underneth the foam. The enclosure is fasten to the car from the enclosure thru the foam into the plate and another screw fastens to the car from the side. Paul will provide a 5 foot long wire coming out from the sub enclosure so you can hook it up. The total installation should take you less than 20 minutes and is easy to do unless you really cannot or do not want to do it and prefer to hire someone to install it. Paul and I discussed that he will write up directions and include some pictures with those directions. Again, call Paul if you need more info concerning this issue, he will be happy to address your concerns.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2003, 11:31 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I spoke to Paul and he mentioned he has recieved several phone calls and about 5 e-mails. Please do me a favor and post it when you orderd an enclosure so everyone can see how many orders there are. This way, people can see what the cost is considering the cost drops for everyone when the amount of purchases increases. The goal is to get the cost down so you guys save money and get an excellent product. Remember, if you order and others order later (before the deadline), your price drops as well.

IMHO, this is the best enclosure I have seen if you are going for the understated factory look that I personally prefer.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2003, 02:41 PM
BigZ

Default I Ordered!

Can't wait now!

Please keep us posted of the progress and final pricing..

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:56 AM
azrckcrawler

Ordered a sub box today.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:42 PM
NiQk

You can definitely put me down for the enclosure and the sub.
I currently have:
Boston Pro-Series (Front)
Boston Rally Series (Rear)
JL 300/4 (For Speakers)
JL 250/1 (For Sub
Alpine 7894

I've already tried a JL 10w7 and a 10v6v2 is the stock sub location without an enclosure and it basically sucks. I thought the 10w7 sound good, but without a box, the bass just isn't as "tight". Anyways, my question is with my above components how do you think the Image Dynamics sub would sound? Can you please describe the sound for crispness and overall quality? Cause I don't want to be unhappy after doing this, and then having to do it all over again and put a sub in the spare tire well.

Thanks in advance,
NIqK
Old 03-04-2003, 02:44 AM
tonkadog

I talked to Skip yesterday (Paul's day off) and ordered one too. Unfortunately Skip was unable to tell me how many people had actually put down a deposit, but he thought it would be about $375. Anyone know how many people have paid? Also, what about a time frame for delivery?
Old 03-04-2003, 10:04 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Good news!

I told you guys Paul is a nice guy. He felt some of you were uncomfortable with the varied price structure so he is making it very simple and good for everyone. The price on the sub enclosure is $375 plus shipping cost no matter how many are ordered. If you are waiting for the amount of buyers to increase to get a better price, no need.

He is coordinating with me to use my Z as the mold. Paul will pick up my enclosure this Thursday. He will make the production mold next week off of my enclosure he made for me. He said people that have orders should get theirs from 3-6 weeks from the day you ordered. I would suggest you order before Thursday so he can produce them all at one time. He is giving you are great price, help him out by ordering by then so it will be easier for him. Just a suggestion so you will get it quicker.

I will keep you updated as new information arises. Right now, their is about 5 buyers, he was talking to me in the shop today and was not refering to his list but that is the amount ordered so far.

Jeff

Last edited by zland; 03-04-2003 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:13 AM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

Sweet! That's a great price! Good work, and I'm looking forward to putting it in!

Mikey
Old 03-05-2003, 05:38 AM
BigZ

Default Yeah!

Awesome! Can't wait to hear and see my enclosure!

Thanks Paul and Jeff!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:32 AM
GixxerBB

Just ordered mine yesterday from Skip. I think he said that Paul will be starting on the enclosure today. Can't wait for it to come! Please keep us updated on your progress. Thanks.

GixxerBB

Quick Reply: Group buy on 350z sub enclosure