Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Ipod/mp3 installs on Bose radio Examples please

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:03 AM
m1abrams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod/mp3 installs on Bose radio Examples please

Hello I just recieved my new 06 350Z GT and the only thing it is missing for me is a decent way to hook up my iPod. I have searched a bit and found a few devices that will work with the Sat. ready HU. However I have a few questions for the board regarding this.
1. Which interface do you recommend.
2. Getting the dash and radio out to install it, how difficult? I have installed stereos and alarms in the past. Some cars it is damn near impossible to get the stock unit out without breaking those stupid plastic clips, is the Z like this. Any good howtos on this with pics. (saw one a few days ago but can not find it now).
3. Where did you run the cable for the iPod and where did you mount the iPod? I really do NOT want to cut ANY parts if I can avoid it. I would rather have the iPod out of reach than cut any holes in the interior. (Pics of this would be great)

Thanks

P.S. Please note I am not interested in replacing the stock HU, I use to be into car stereos (Phoenix amps, Rockford subs, etc), but learned that stock = less chance of being broken into. I have had 3 breakins in my time, but not one in the last 7 years with my stock unit.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
mg350ZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Previous related discussion on this topic:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....caette+adaptor