Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:06 PM
MastaKillaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install

Here's some pics of my valentine install. Used the zip corvette mount for the valentine. Then drilled a hole into the visor clip and secured the back end before screwing it into the rear view bracket on the windshield.
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-valentine1.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
MastaKillaZ

Here's another...
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-valentine2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:08 PM
MastaKillaZ

And another...
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-valentine3.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:09 PM
MastaKillaZ

yet another...
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-valentine4.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:10 PM
MastaKillaZ

Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-valentine5.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
MastaKillaZ

and then the stereo... thanks to importlife... it powers MBQuarts DSD components and coaxials. I've also got a 150 watt fosgate 2-channel amp (bridged) juicing a 10" xplod sub in the stock bracket behind the driver's seat.

Also have the viper xv790 installed but didn't know what to take a picture of for that.

Last weekend, 2kracing.com in Reseda threw on my blue AEM intake and my clear sidemarkers with LED's from skidazzle.
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-car-stereo.jpg  

Last edited by MastaKillaZ; 03-24-2003 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:35 PM
MastaKillaZ

I know it's not the right place for it, but what the hell... here goes...
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-aem-intake.jpg  
Old 03-24-2003, 11:37 PM
MastaKillaZ

let there be light... they match better with the headlights on...
Attached Thumbnails Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install-clear-sidemarkers.jpg  
Old 03-25-2003, 06:40 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything looks great! Nice job. I like the headunit, but will wait for the U.S. version. (It may never happen, but one can hope)
Old 03-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Raistlin

Very nice..... congrats

Any more pics of the bracket used to mount the V1? Maybe a pic of the top of the bracket. (where it is connected by the window and rear view bracket)

Thanks

Last edited by Raistlin; 03-25-2003 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:21 PM
MastaKillaZ

VandyZ, just curious why are you waiting for the US version? the stereo's controls are all in english and I have the fm converter attached to get US stations... although XM radio is looking more appealing at the moment. anyways, just curious...

Raistlin... BTW, nice name... I assume that's taken from the twins in dragonlance w/ tanis, caramon, sturm, etc. used to imagine I was a paladin or knight of the rose... ah, my childhood. either way, the mount simply screws into the rearview bracket on the windshield. no glue, no suction cups, no mess. and unscrews easily if you want to detach the detector. if you look at your rearview bracket, you'll see a screw in the piece attached to the windshield, just remove that one and screw in the mount.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:16 AM
mobilebuddha

Default question on the fm modulator

don't know anything about them, did a quick search and didn't get that much detailed info except a few threads saying what it does.

here's my question:

w/ the modulator, does it actually show the US radio stations in the correct frequency? (as in, if i want 104.9, does it show something diff visually but i'll hear 104.9, or does it display the correct/adjusted frequency as well?)

what about AM stations? excuse my ignorance, i know it's just a FM modulator, but does the HU support AM stations as well?

tia for the info.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:33 AM
Raistlin

VandyZ
I will take a stab at your questions.

AM works perfectly fine with no modifications.

FM stations will display wrong, you need to subract a number, lets say 18, so if you want a station say Z100 you would tune radio into 82.

I think the number you subract depends on your FM converter. Check out the link and read towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_item...1&pageIndex=-1

MastaKillaZ

Yes the name is from Dragonlance..... used to play the game and read a lot of the sci-fi fantasy books. Raistlin was my favorite character.

Thanks for the 411 on the connector, did that come with the V1 or did you have to buy separately? (Zip Corvette mount) where did you purchase or get that from?

How are the letters on the buttons of your sony head unit? I assume those don't change color with the display? Are they red-ish? And what about those blue buttons on the four corners, I assume again that those dont change color either? Is the blue very bright?

Thanks again, and again your car looks sick!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:16 AM
MastaKillaZ

mobile, raistlin is correct... you subtract and the incorrect frequency is displayed, but since I have all my stations preset (and you can enter names for the presets like POWER 105.9) it didn't seem to matter much for me. I just choose # 1 or # 5 and the display shows whatever title I have designated for the preset.

raistlin, I got the mount from zip corvette products. I found their website after doing a search on yahoo. the mount was about $20... but like I said, all you really need is the one funky bolt that comes with it. use that once you have drilled a small hole in the valentine one's visor mount that comes with the detector.

and yes, the buttons do not change colors. the corner buttons are blue and the function buttons are red. they're not overly bright so it doesn't really effect the appearance of the stereo.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Raistlin

Cool, thanks again for the info. My girl wants to get that exact stereo for her Z. She knows people who are corporate employees at sony and is in the process of finding out if they can get the stereo for her. All to save some cash of course!

Love the way that stereo looks in the Z.

L8r
Old 03-26-2003, 12:42 PM
MastaKillaZ

mobile, raistlin is correct... you subtract and the incorrect frequency is displayed, but since I have all my stations preset (and you can enter names for the presets like POWER 105.9) it didn't seem to matter much for me. I just choose # 1 or # 5 and the display shows whatever title I have designated for the preset.

raistlin, I got the mount from zip corvette products. I found their website after doing a search on yahoo. the mount was about $20... but like I said, all you really need is the one funky bolt that comes with it. use that once you have drilled a small hole in the valentine one's visor mount that comes with the detector.

and yes, the buttons do not change colors. the corner buttons are blue and the function buttons are red. they're not overly bright so it doesn't really effect the appearance of the stereo.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:59 PM
DrCold

Very sweet mounting of the V-1. My V-1 just show'd up today, and i've been thinking about how i want to mount it. I think im going to have to give this a shot. I found this site: http://store.yahoo.com/zipproducts-c4c5/raddetmoun.html. Is that the site you got yours from? Seems a little pricy just for the funky bolt. I'll have to see if i can come up with something. Thanks again for the info and pics!

-DrCold
Old 04-18-2003, 06:21 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

where did you run the power to the V1? Under the liner and down or into the mirror?
Old 04-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Alev

MastaK:

I live in LA, also. I'm wondering if you've had problems in the past driving with a radar detector in SoCal? Do you remove it during city driving or just leave it there?

Curious.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:32 PM
MastaKillaZ

DrCold, yeah, that's the place I bought my mount... you just need the bolt... not the stupid 5 lb. door stopper they call a mount that comes with it.

zh.guitar, the power went under the headliner, down the pillar straight to the juice center instead of from the rearview.

alev, no problem with the v1, you can put it on logic or advanced logic to cut out a lot of the automatic door openers and burglar alarms... it's actually pretty helpful because where I live (arcadia) there's a sheriff's station less than a mile from my house and the police station is even closer and the patrol cars hide where detectors normally pick up a lot of false readings so most people with average detectors will discount it when they register, but with the V1, I know if there's one too many signals or if the warning is coming from a different spot than normal... and I know that the new signal is on a different band... trust me, before the detector I got 3 tickets... after the detector (*knocks on wood*) zero tickets.... btw, they use instant-on laser in arcadia too.

Quick Reply: Another Valentine and Sony WX-7700 Install