Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

KNA-G510 via DDX-8017... sound way to soft w/ volume @100%

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
mitchgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question KNA-G510 via DDX-8017... sound way to soft w/ volume @100%

Well I installed my new HU Kenwood DDX-8017 w/ the KNA-G510 navigation.

The HU is great plays all my DVDs and burned DVDs makes my Diamound Audio speakers/sub sound great.

However when using the navigation w/ turn by turn voice directions you can't hear what she is saying unless your dead stopped and the outside noise is very quite.

It also seems that the voice navigation is only being played out of the FR-Driver speakers which may be how it is suppose to be but even with the volume at 100% (navy side) and the att. option on when using voice guideance the system is still not loud enough to use the voice guideance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance...!! - Mitch

p.s. pics of the new setup should be up by next week... we have the worst weather right now in columbia, mo.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a volume on the Navigation Menu and on the HU menu, not to be mistaken with the HU volume. They must both be turned up. You can also chose which speakers the sound comes out of. This is done on the HU menu.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 PM
mitchgt

TheDuke... really??? I searched both menus (religiously i thought) and I went through both instruction manuals but couldn't find much. Whenever you get a chance, do you think you could be a bit more specific?

I found the volume adjust for the navy (from the root screen, the volume is in the buttom left corner). Thats as far as I got though.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not really sure where you are at on the Navigation Menu. The volume for the Voice on the Navigation Menu is not a button on the left corner of the unit. Once you get into the volume controls on the Navigation Menu it is on the touchscreen of the HU in the middle of the screen. On the HU, you press the small green icon with the wrench on it. Once you press that, a menu screen shows up. Press the AV Interface, after that go to the 3rd screen and that will have your sound controls for the Navigation. That should be it.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
mitchgt

Default Solution... hopefully

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
Not really sure where you are at on the Navigation Menu. The volume for the Voice on the Navigation Menu is not a button on the left corner of the unit. Once you get into the volume controls on the Navigation Menu it is on the touch screen of the HU in the middle of the screen. On the HU, you press the small green icon with the wrench on it. Once you press that, a menu screen shows up. Press the AV Interface, after that go to the 3rd screen and that will have your sound controls for the Navigation. That should be it.
My explanation of the volume control (that I knew about) may have been poor. I am now under the understanding that there are 3 volume settings for the navigation. (2 of which are in the navigation interface)

The first:
from the main (or root) screen of the navigation interface there is a volume button on the touch screen on the bottom RIGHT (my bad) of the screen. You can click this and adjust the navigation volume 0-100% and adjust the option to mute the volume altogether.

The second:

From the root screen you click on settings.. here you can adjust the attention (where the music volume goes down 75% and then the navigation talks then the volume resumes)

The Third
(and most important):
Is the one I can't find, but should be able to now with your explanation.

From my understanding this volume setting is a setting from the HU not the navigation.. but for the navigation.

And you say that you get to it by pressing the configure button, (green wrench) then to AV Interface screen #3; and here is were I can make my final audio adjustments for the navigation and finally be able to hear the voice guidance directions.

Hopefully this is what I was looking for... I'll let the forum know tonight once I get home to test and see if it works in the Z.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:13 AM
mitchgt

THEDUKE: Thanks a million bud... the above post does have all three of the volume controls for the ddx-8017/kna-g510 combo.

After setting all three to the desired volume the voice guidance works like a chram!