Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

No reverse pulse...? need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No reverse pulse...? need help

Ok..this delima has had me perplexed for a week and is holding up my entire install...Got the head unit in and everything installed fine but there is no signal in the reverse wire when I tested it w/ the volt meter...and my reverse lights don't work either. I went through all the theads like twice last night at 4 in the morning and I'm stumped. I checked all the fuses...including # 71 in the hidden fuse box behind the battery and everything....something is gonig on. My grounds are all fine as well., most of them are going to the center bolt above the nav. I talked to some people and they mentioned since I had the tranny replaced, that there is a harness underneath there that could have not been plugged in...not to sure about this. But its def not the fuses....I also noticed there is a spot for a rev. relay in the narrow rectangular fuse fox next to the battery, I believe its a empty slot at the farthest most left side of the fuse box....maybe that should be there? I don't know...there isn't even a male/female plug for one in that slot...its just empty...There is a slight humming noise when I put it in reverse as well. Never noticed it before because I always started the car 1st then put it in reverse.-- the 3in pipes are a little loud. Any ideas would help.

Last edited by Crom; 03-09-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough to say without knowing if a harness on the tranny is plugged in or not.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Crom

How would you get to that?....Prob underneath the car. Not to sure on the location.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:22 PM
TurboTrey

I looked in my fuse box today and I only have one relay in there for the horn. The other is labeled as reverse but there isn't a space for it. If it does go there it is either underneath the fuses down with the wires or it is in the same relay as the horn (I think it is the horn).
Old 03-10-2007, 04:02 PM
KPierson
Banned

Your best bet would be to jack the car up and find the plug going to the tranny and make sure it is plugged in.

The reverse switch is a mechanical switch inside the tranny. It is possible that the switch has gone bad.

I remember reading a thread once about a guy who was shifting really hard and he actually broke the reverse switch, which caused his tranny to lock up.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Crom

...That actually helps alot., getting under the car is kind of a pita, oh well. Would that humming when in reverse noise explain that harness being unplugged?... I hope so. I'm currently wiring up the backup cam to switched 12v source to bypass this for now...I wanto get the car back together. ..Appreciate the help.