Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

WTF is wrong with Best Buy?? (need advice)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Lsmith9523

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N-Dawggy
i was talking to a few installers from CC and BB, they were pissed at the way things are manged and how the good installers were underpaid so they left. Now, it's a bumnch of high school kids getting certified within the retail store and not through an educational institude(the way they used to do it).

Ohhh and about the Crutchfield comment, The Book they get there info is up to date and is a reliable source. CC & BB rely on the salesperson guess or assumption. I had my unit installed at CC (free installation) & the guy in the back (installation Bay) told me he wasn't going to do it because it was free and he gets nothing from it, he told me if I give him 40 bucks he'll do it. Well, one quick stop to his manager and not only did he do the work, but he installed extra things due to this.
^^^ The last thing I would do is let anyone that says,,,"they are not installing my headunit, because installation is free and I make nothing" then after a trip to the manager,,,the manager making him do the work....talk about sketchy work, yanked out dash parts, half-arsed wiring, and probably a snip here and a snip there on any other wiring harness he can see..
Old 04-28-2007, 04:13 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stores like BB and CC are for people who want cocky cutter installs and if the computer says it can't be done, then it can't be done in their opinion. They will never pay good money to good people because it is not cost effective for 90% of their installs.

When it comes to installation, if you want something special, or even if its not listed in the computer as compatible, and you don't want to do it yourself, you should be looking into a shop that knows what they are doing.

Chris
Old 04-28-2007, 06:34 AM
RJ_KC

It may cost you extra $$ to go to a reputable audio shop but its worth it imo. Personally i go to a Independence Audio, yeah they are a bit on the pricey side but they do great work and a couple of the installers personal cars have been featured in magazines.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:14 AM
N-Dawggy

Originally Posted by Lsmith9523
^^^ The last thing I would do is let anyone that says,,,"they are not installing my headunit, because installation is free and I make nothing" then after a trip to the manager,,,the manager making him do the work....talk about sketchy work, yanked out dash parts, half-arsed wiring, and probably a snip here and a snip there on any other wiring harness he can see..

I was there during the whole installation and so was the manager. Plus, I have a 4 year warranty on the install and product.