Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Grounding kit related question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 05:06 PM
zmeister03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grounding kit related question

I just took my car in for its 3000 mile checkup.

Had them use my Royal Purple and was really impressed.

So when I got home I was inspired to install my grounding kit.

Right after installing I noticed that with the stock radio when you press the large round button to adjust bass, treble, fade, etc...
it now produces a clicking sound where it never did it before the grounding kit.

No other controls other than the large round button and the up and down buttons produce any odd sounds.

Has any one else experienced this clicking sound?

I'm thinking that when I attached the negative on the grounding kit I may have had a loose enough connection to reset something on the car causing it to go to a default setting. And maybe that's why I hear audible clicks when adjusting the eq on the radio.

If so there must be a way to get rid of it and make it silent again.

Does anyone else have this click when adjust eq?

btw: so far the only thing I've noticed with the grounding kit is that the car starts instantly.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:50 AM
Welsh 350Z N

Installed my kit last night. I had no similar noises or issues with the audio or anything so sorry I can’t help. Easy install. Took over an hour because I was so fussy about positioning of the cables. Got the cable to the -ve through the rubber in front of the battery so that I didn't have to touch the battery cover - looks good. Also, fed the cable from the chassis earth upwards and over to the middle engine point so that it fit better with the original earth cable. Idle is lower as everyone has commented and the ride out this morning was also noticeably though subtly sweeter through the arc.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:38 AM
zmeister03

Default re

can you do this for me.

check and see if you hear an audible click when you change your bass or treble levels. I know mine was silent before the install. It seemed the click volume was lower this morning than last night. There may be a adjustment to make it silent.

My install probably took 30-45 minutes removing the hood sensor and replacing took the longest. On the way in this morning when flooring it seemed to have a more linear surge of power that before. Before "with the AT5" it used to feel more like a turbo kicking in a a short lag.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:29 AM
rotaryrocket7

I think you probably have a loose connection which is allowing feedback into the line. This is a common occurrence for novices when installing an amp. If you do not properly ground it will make noise. In your case the stock grounding was functioning fine, but when the wires were replaced a connection was left loose or something and hence the noise. Double check your wiring...
Old 07-09-2005, 11:51 AM
BOZ23

what are the benefits of a grounding kit? every photo I've seen of engine bays there are kits.