Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock BOSE system: Radio settings.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007 | 01:44 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!
Premier Member

Default Stock BOSE system: Radio settings.?

hey guys,

i just got my car, and i was setting up the radio channels. actually, we got many channels in my country ends up with even numbers. so, i was trying to get 89.2 FM, but i noticed that there is no even numbers!! only odd 1s. i tried on 89.1 and 89.3, the channel ain't clear at all.

is there any way i can fix this? reprogram?

i don't want to change the sound system yet..

thnx
Old 11-02-2007 | 03:32 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

That's what happens when you import a car from one market (US) into a totally different one (Euro/MidEast).
Old 11-02-2007 | 07:01 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
That's what happens when you import a car from one market (US) into a totally different one (Euro/MidEast).
it doesn't make any sense really. i mean, if you build an audio system, why would u want to remove even numbers and just keep the odd ones?? the cars we have here are all set with the whole range of numbers.

i need an audio expert's opinion about this. can the settings be reset or reprogrammed? if i take it to nissan dealership, will they be able to reset the settings and just include our local settings? the Zs we have here has the stock BOSE system, yet it includes the whole range of numbers.

any ideas?

thnx
Old 11-02-2007 | 09:00 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by TheLord
it doesn't make any sense really. i mean, if you build an audio system, why would u want to remove even numbers and just keep the odd ones?? the cars we have here are all set with the whole range of numbers.
Because in the US, stations only broadcast on the "odd" frequencies, there's no need for the even ones.

In the Far East, apparently it's just the even frequencies. (somebody posted that they picked up a HU in Singapore and when he installed it, it would only pick up even frequencies).

Basically, they're saving people the trouble of scanning of tuning over frequencies that they'll never pick up a signal on.
Old 11-02-2007 | 02:53 PM
usmanasif

Another point: JDM cars go further up in the FM frequency (and have a higher minimum as well) than USDM cars, hence why JDM aftermarket HUs cannot be fully used here unless one buys a converter box that allows US frequency spectrum to be accessed. Not sure if those are made to work with OEM frequencies or not.

You should just go aftermarket or buy OEM radio from the local dealership and swap it in. Nissan cannot reprogram your frequencies.
Old 11-03-2007 | 03:31 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by usmanasif
You should just go aftermarket or buy OEM radio from the local dealership and swap it in. Nissan cannot reprogram your frequencies.
i guess that's the best idea. get an OEM 1 from local dealer.

thnx.