Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Anyone heard from BOSE lately??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 10:02 AM
alienx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard from BOSE lately??

I decided to follow-up with that Patty girl (about a week ago), and haven't gotten any response. I gave her about five weeks since I received the original canned response everyone else was reporting. Just curious to see if anyone else has heard anything recently.

Thanks. Andy
Old 06-06-2003, 10:37 AM
6kLaunch

I havn't heard any NEW news. I have been writing them once a month for the past 8 months. Below is this months letter and response:

Hello Patti, (Bose Consumer Relations)

Thank you for contacting me regarding my disappointment with the Bose Music System in my 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of this system indeed does not meet my standards and I am committed to rectifying the situation.

I appreciate that you will follow-up with me with more information when a plan has been finalized, however I have been writing you notes for 8 months and wondering if a plan will ever be developed and implemented. I have endured this Bose system now for 8 months and have just about given up on a Bose fix. It's been 8 months and all I ever get back from you is that you will follow-up when a plan has been finalized. Please provide me a date when your plan is targeted to be implemented so I can assess whether or not to replace my deficient Bose system with one of your competitors, or wait for the fix.

As an Information Systems Project Director for Northrop Grumman, I am well versed in project plans. It is my responsibility to insure that solid technical approaches are researched and scheduled within the project plan. This schedule provides a targeted "Go Live" date that I am held accountable for. When is the Bose "Go Live" or implementation date for this systems fix? Certainly Bose has developed a project plan with a target date!?

I am located in Southern California, Orange County, and would be happy to donate my car as a test vehicle for your research team. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help your team.

Best Regards

Mark

3 June 03
Hello Mark,

I will follow up with our Engineering Department to determine if any information is available at this time and forward it on to you. I appreciate the fact that you have offered your vehicle for testing purposes and I will also forward that information on to Engineering.

As soon as I have any available "go live" information I will send it out to you and all of the other Z owners. Again, we appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043
Email: http://www.bose.com/contact_us/

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
Visit our Website: www.bose.com
-----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by 6kLaunch; 06-06-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 PM
principe

I've called Patty 5 times, written as many times trying to get something ANYTHING (informations that is). They don't give a **** guys face it were stiuck with what we have, a sub standard system!

A year and no plans to correct, no ones knows anything about what might be done, no one know when they will answer, they must think we're stupid.

I will NEVER NEVER recommend or suggest BOSE to anyone. Their customer service has been about as good as their stereo system, incredibly bad.

I doubt gut if anyonwe from BOSE is listening, at least be curteous enough to answer. Their full of it and whats more, I tired of chasing something that they admit is substandard.

Good luck to you chasing them....
Old 06-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Zracer03

I recently emailed her again, and got a similar response. Just keep emailing Bose and putting pressure on them. The more pressure they get, the more likely they do something. I have stated many times that niether me, nor my friends will ever purchase a Bose product again if this isn't solved. Everyone needs to tell her the same. They already know they made a bad product, they don't want sales in their other products to drop as well. It takes time, but hopefully they will solve it.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:06 PM
neohalo1

I figured Bose would not implement a fix--perhaps they will, but for the time being it does not appear so. I thought I could get used to the inadequate Bose system, but reality is slowly telling me otherwise. Bummer.
Old 06-06-2003, 06:22 PM
alienx

Yea, it's not looking good. Maybe it's time to try to get a straight answer out of Nissan again.

Well, some no dick, ******* got off tossing a cigarette on my car. Burned right through the paint. And while I was checking that out, I noticed the door had been hit. So I have other things on my mind now.

Friday's are supposed to be good days too...
Old 06-07-2003, 10:29 PM
rickski

I've heard nothing from Bose either. I believe they've blown us off. I too tried to press them for a committment date....nothing.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:02 AM
principe

Default Trying again

Here is my latest attempt, this is what I sent Patty today...

Patty,

If you are really interested as the customer rep (or anyone at BOSE for that matter) in really helping us out with your sub standard system, here is some press BOSE is getting. Trust me this is only a small sample of the material posted. I am sure that someone at BOSE cares....

It is truly beyond me to believe that no one at BOSE has any idea over a year later as to what they plan to do or not do. I have asked before but did not get another name, can you provide me the name of your supervisor, perhaps they can help us out. Not to be rude but your reply hasn't provided any real information.

If you would like to see more I can provide it to you.

Regards.

The following was copied from the my350Z board....

(I attached this thread to the note)
Old 06-08-2003, 01:06 PM
alienx

Yea, I guess I am starting to feel a little naive. Sure doesn't sound like anything is happening. And the '04 models are only a few months away.
Old 06-14-2003, 09:22 PM
z430hp

Default News

Someone should contact a T.V. News station and get this information out. Just a thought. Maybe Bose will then do something fast to protect there rep. ??? Like here in Detroit we have channel 7 "problem solvers" they always seem to put pressure on companies. Try CNN??? I dont know. Ill soon change my system if nothing happens.. I just cant take it anymore. It sounds horrible.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:20 AM
principe

Well, I Know I said I wouldn't but I did anyway...

I wrote Patty once more asking for a status or a name of someone other than her to speak to...

1. No update on the status.

2. No name was provided, even though Patty stated that she wa snot reluctant to give it out.

She asked me if she thought sending out a note telling us that there is no update to provide would make us feel like somethign was happening... my answer was don't bother yo already have an image problem telling us there is nothing would just support our position that nothing is happening.

I am stumped don't know what else to do. I think that the only thing I may try to call them again and not speak to Patty but rather someone she reports to or the enginerring department.

What else can I say!