Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

GAS TANK??? Where EXACTLY is it located compared to...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:12 AM
KJ-350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GAS TANK??? Where EXACTLY is it located compared to...

to the left and right side cubbies behind the seats? I have the all of the panels out back there (down to the bare medal) and Im getting ready make the floors, walls, mounting panels, bla bla bla for all the amps, cap, tuner, etc. but I dont want to end up with my Z at the Dealership b/c I drilled into the tank!!!

Is the tank even directly below the cubbies? Or is it more towards the back? I want to make sure that ANY screws or drilling do not end up hitting the tank esp since the way I want to lay the pieces out there is going to be a good amount of screws going right down / through the floor of the cubbies for supports and so on!

Last edited by KJ-350; 06-16-2003 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:53 PM
srobert910

i'm pretty sure that the tank is directly under the glovebox area and the area directly behind the drivers seat. If you pull off the panels behind the driver seat and look at the floor, there is an access cover. I believe it is for the fuel pump.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:16 PM
KJ-350

alittle now b/c both the left and right side cubbies have the same type of panel!? It is cover that is approx 6-8 round more or less in the center front of the "floor" of each cubbie! With everything out of them and down the bare medal both sides of mine look the same!

Can some please help out with specific details? There is 50+ views so far and only one reply...alittle help please!!
Old 06-17-2003, 09:06 AM
ajk4

kj, after removing the large glove box on the passenger side you (and removing the rubber/cloth mat that covers under the glove box) you will see a circular "bump" with a ring that runs around its perimeter. to the front or side of the bump (i cant remember) it says "fr" this entire area from the left hand side of the glove box to the opposite side is the gas tank. the tank forms a wedge shape that extends from immediately behind the glove box and the stock sub enclosure (and from one side of the car to the other), and ends just before the spare tire well. it slopes slightly downward toward the back (as you can kinda see through the openings) and like i said ends about 4-5 inches after the ridge that seperates the glove box and stock enclosure, with it tapering down and inward to the spare tire/hatchback area. if you have a fsm, which im guessing you dont, it is in section FL-11.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:24 AM
KJ-350

Originally posted by ajk4
kj, after removing the large glove box on the passenger side you (and removing the rubber/cloth mat that covers under the glove box) you will see a circular "bump" with a ring that runs around its perimeter. to the front or side of the bump (i cant remember) it says "fr" this entire area from the left hand side of the glove box to the opposite side is the gas tank. the tank forms a wedge shape that extends from immediately behind the glove box and the stock sub enclosure (and from one side of the car to the other), and ends just before the spare tire well. it slopes slightly downward toward the back (as you can kinda see through the openings) and like i said ends about 4-5 inches after the ridge that seperates the glove box and stock enclosure, with it tapering down and inward to the spare tire/hatchback area. if you have a fsm, which im guessing you dont, it is in section FL-11.
yah i dont have one so more or less what your saying is there is a very good chance that any screw that goes into the "floor" of each cubbie will end up hitting the tank? or with the fsm are you able to see if there is some space / gap between the "floor" of the cubby and the "top" of the gas tank? or does the top of the tank sit directly against the cubbies floor and any screw reguardless of size will hit it?

THANKS ALOT
Old 06-17-2003, 12:07 PM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have saddle bag tanks . . .there is one on each side. One access hole is for the pump and the other is for the fuel level sending unit. I would not drill into either area. You can remove the round access hole covers and see just how much space you have.