Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:53 PM
lionheartednyhc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?

I love the avid-d3, but since I already have the OEM nav, it would be a waste of money. I saw the AVH-P4000DVD in the catalog, but cant seem to find much info on it otherwise. It seems like it has all the features of the avic, minus the nav. Does anyone know about it? Is it a worthy replacement for the avic?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2008, 05:54 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lionheartednyhc
I love the avid-d3, but since I already have the OEM nav, it would be a waste of money. I saw the AVH-P4000DVD in the catalog, but cant seem to find much info on it otherwise. It seems like it has all the features of the avic, minus the nav. Does anyone know about it? Is it a worthy replacement for the avic?

Thanks

entry unit from pioneer

i had a avhp5700dvd it was okay
Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 AM
IndyZ-man

I've been looking at this unit also. I don't think it has been released yet. But not 100% sure bout that. I also have the stock nav and like the idea of not having a motorized screen. Just one more thing to break in my opinion. I'm going to play with it a bit in the store and see if I think I'll like it. Was also comparing it to the Kenwood DDX512. Let me know if you get this and what you think.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:59 AM
sintaxeror

kenwood ddx512?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:10 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by IndyZ-man
I've been looking at this unit also. I don't think it has been released yet. But not 100% sure bout that. I also have the stock nav and like the idea of not having a motorized screen. Just one more thing to break in my opinion. I'm going to play with it a bit in the store and see if I think I'll like it. Was also comparing it to the Kenwood DDX512. Let me know if you get this and what you think.
So you've actually used both units? How does the interface for the 4000 compare to the avic? specifically the IPOD interface?
Old 03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
IndyZ-man

Originally Posted by sintaxeror
kenwood ddx512?
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VznqafT...px?i=113DDX512
It's a base line Kenwood with a smaller screen and front load with no motorized screen. I'm all about the front loads. No plastic motor parts to break.

Originally Posted by lionheartednyhc
So you've actually used both units? How does the interface for the 4000 compare to the avic? specifically the IPOD interface?
No, I haven't used either one. Gonna wait till the Pioneer comes out before I make my decision.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:25 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the pioneer AVH is out--go to crutchfield.com. Remember this is an entry level unit--so you wont get much...and the interface doesnt look near as good as the AVICD3, but id say def worth it for the money and if you already have nav.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
IndyZ-man

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
the pioneer AVH is out--go to crutchfield.com. Remember this is an entry level unit--so you wont get much...and the interface doesnt look near as good as the AVICD3, but id say def worth it for the money and if you already have nav.
I've seen it on Crutchfield and other websites, but none of the retail stores have them yet. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I was looking to play with it in the store and make a more educated decision. Personally I think it looks cleaner than the comparable Kenwood unit. The AVICD3 is def a nice unit, but waay overkill for my needs since I have nav already. Thanks for the input though.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Sonicspeed

Question guys. I was looking at the AVH-P4000DVD myself and the pioneer site doesnt list this unit as one that would fit our cars... is this not accurate? I rather not get a flip up screen... one more thing to go wrong.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:12 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by Sonicspeed
Question guys. I was looking at the AVH-P4000DVD myself and the pioneer site doesnt list this unit as one that would fit our cars... is this not accurate? I rather not get a flip up screen... one more thing to go wrong.

I hope it fits. Just scheduled an apt with my audio guy sat to put it in...guess we will see ha.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Sonicspeed

Let me know how you like it. I have decided I just have to start working on my audio because its driving me NUTS not to have any thump in my car. Pics too bro!

/subscribe
Old 03-26-2008, 12:45 PM
IndyZ-man

Crutchfield says it will fit. I don't see why it wouldn't, it's a standard sized double din unit. Good luck with the install and let us know what you think!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:11 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by Sonicspeed
Let me know how you like it. I have decided I just have to start working on my audio because its driving me NUTS not to have any thump in my car. Pics too bro!

/subscribe
Yeah, same. Shitty stock stereo is driving me nuts and the ipod adapter i have is crap. I spoke to pioneer and they say it works. Will def. take pics sat!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Sonicspeed

Good to know $500 sounds better than $1000 for the higher end double din from pioneer

Edit - looking at the back of this thing from the pio website I am wondering how you are going to connect everything? In the install guide it looks like you have to give up your rear speakers if you want a sub. Maybe I am missing something?

Last edited by Sonicspeed; 03-27-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:24 PM
lionheartednyhc

Ok, so I got the 4000 installed today along with some goodies (BT, Sirius, and a BOYO backup camera). Its basically the exact same thing as the Avic, without the navigation and half the price! (and sadly, I dont think you can upload custom backgrounds either ) Interface is awesome, just like the AVIC! I love it. Works perfectly with a Z, everything hooks up, no problems. Only problem I experianced is the fact they my a/c doesnt work. ****ing installer messed it up. Hope its not hot until tuesday... Oh, and of course I got the ebrake bypass too Here it is:

Last edited by lionheartednyhc; 03-29-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. The installer probably messed up your ribbon cable. Be sure they get you a new one from the dealership.

By the way, did they figugre out how to keep the OEM nav voice function?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Looks good. The installer probably messed up your ribbon cable. Be sure they get you a new one from the dealership.

By the way, did they figugre out how to keep the OEM nav voice function?

Yah, someones getting their **** ripped tuesday. And I dont think so, I never have that on anyways (it annoys the **** out of me, the OEM nav was built for retarded people) so I never even thought of that.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude it looks like they put the wrong dash kit in your car. But i could be wrong...that looks like the 03-05 metra kit, you need the 06+

(see how corners are 90 degree angles and not curved like the dash opening?) thats how the 03-05 kit looks.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?-final.jpg

This is how it should look!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 AM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Dude it looks like they put the wrong dash kit in your car. But i could be wrong...that looks like the 03-05 metra kit, you need the 06+

(see how corners are 90 degree angles and not curved like the dash opening?) thats how the 03-05 kit looks.

Attachment 183589

This is how it should look!!
Thanks. Yeah, I noticed that too. Its one of like ten things I need to get fixed tomorrow. ****ing audio intstallers!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Sonicspeed

Geaux - What dash kit is that?

Lion - Glad to hear it works so well! Now go beat down someone over that AC issue!

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?