Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:48 PM
unr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i just got the this head unit installed at meyer emco and everything works perfect except the stock navigations voice doesn't come out of the speakers any suggestions on how to fix this problem. thankx will post pics soon aswell.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by unr
ok guys i just got the this head unit installed at meyer emco and everything works perfect except the stock navigations voice doesn't come out of the speakers any suggestions on how to fix this problem. thankx will post pics soon aswell.
Glad it works! I dont think you can get the navi voice to work I hate that voice, its so damn annoying so it never bothered me.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:58 PM
unr

i don't mind for the voice either, but i like to know i can have it if i want it. I am kinda weird about stuff like that. Are you sure there is no way to make it work though?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by unr
i don't mind for the voice either, but i like to know i can have it if i want it. I am kinda weird about stuff like that. Are you sure there is no way to make it work though?
From what I understand, it only works w/ the stock HU..maybe someone else knows more...
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
unr

damn oh well thanks anyway. If you find anything out let me know please
Old 05-26-2008, 06:03 AM
IndyZ-man

The stock head unit is the only one that can integrate the voice into the system. However, you can install a small speaker wherever you choose (under driver's seat, behind driver's seat, under front dash, etc) to hear the voice. It has to be a stand alone speaker seperate from the main system.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 PM
stanleylee

hello guy i have a 03 z with bose system( no navi ), do i need to buy any extra part to install the HU other then that dash kit ? something like PAC whatever it is ?
Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 AM
IndyZ-man

Originally Posted by stanleylee
hello guy i have a 03 z with bose system( no navi ), do i need to buy any extra part to install the HU other then that dash kit ? something like PAC whatever it is ?
You should still need to buy a wiring harness kit to hook into the stock system. Unless you want to hack up the oem wires. Not recommended!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
stanleylee

which mean i need one of these in order to fit the after market H/U to stock system?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ROEM-NIS2.html
Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by unr
I haven’t done this with the Z’s OEM Clarion stock navigation, but I have connected an aftermarket “standalone” navigation device to an aftermarket H/U that does not support a mute feature. I also did this with the Z's stock Clarion H/U (but did not try this with the OEM Bose system). I was able to route the navigation voice commands thru the Z’s front speakers.

I used a PAC Audio Source Switcher (mutes radio when sending navigation voice commands to the front or rear speakers)

Here is the ".pdf" on the device:

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/as21.pdf

For this to work, you need to locate the audio-out terminals on the Z’s stock navigation device, and connect these to the PAC Audio Source Switcher. You also connect the aftermarket H/U audio outputs to the inputs on PAC device. Then, output the PAC device (either to an external amp if you have that, or directly to the speakers).

--Spike
Old 05-27-2008, 06:42 PM
IndyZ-man

Originally Posted by stanleylee
which mean i need one of these in order to fit the after market H/U to stock system?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ROEM-NIS2.html
As for replacing the stock H/U with an aftermarket one, you would need (for example, the metra 70-7550 & 70-7551.) There are other harness kits available, but all you need is the harness to plug into the factory wiring and then you splice it together with the aftermarket unit. The second one integrates the oem amplifiers. I'm not familiar with the PAC unit you have linked here and it says it only works up to 2002 models. I'm also not a stereo guru either. Hope this helps.

Last edited by IndyZ-man; 05-27-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
getsomez's

I've found that Metra parts are kinda hit or miss. I've used parts from BEST and haven't had near the fit and finish problems I've had with others like Metra, scosche, etc. Go to www.bestkits.com and put in your vehicle model and year. They will tell you the exact parts you need.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM
IndyZ-man

Originally Posted by lionheartednyhc
Ok, so I got the 4000 installed today along with some goodies (BT, Sirius, and a BOYO backup camera). Its basically the exact same thing as the Avic, without the navigation and half the price! (and sadly, I dont think you can upload custom backgrounds either ) Interface is awesome, just like the AVIC! I love it. Works perfectly with a Z, everything hooks up, no problems. Only problem I experianced is the fact they my a/c doesnt work. ****ing installer messed it up. Hope its not hot until tuesday... Oh, and of course I got the ebrake bypass too Here it is:
Can anyone tell me exactly how the ebrake bypass is done on this unit? My shop intalled everything, but said that a switch is needed to fool the HU into thinking the ebrake is on. Do I really need to toggle a switch for this? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:38 AM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by IndyZ-man
Can anyone tell me exactly how the ebrake bypass is done on this unit? My shop intalled everything, but said that a switch is needed to fool the HU into thinking the ebrake is on. Do I really need to toggle a switch for this? Thanks in advance!

I dont know exactly how its done, i suck at electronics. Originally I had a toggle switch installed, but it was a PITA to have to toggle it everytime I turned the car in. A diff shop ended up installing a pulse thing that automatically fools the HU everytime the car turns on. Hope that helps...
Old 06-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Lsmith9523

I have the PAC TR-7 installed on my Alpine W-200. It takes care of all pulse signals. It comes with instructions on how to install/wire,,,,ect. ect. I used the toggle switch thing for awhile,,,but became a pain.....
Old 06-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Brutal_LS1

Originally Posted by IndyZ-man
search ebay for 'pioneer bypass' and you'll see the pioneer black box bypass for like 30 bucks. one wire to the power, two grounds, one to the blue and white remote wire, and one wire to the green wire off the headunit and you're golden. works perfectly and you never have to mess with it!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Lsmith9523

Oh, by the way I think someone said the metra kit was diff for 06 vs 07+...but 06-08 take the same kit. Just FYI. Good luck on your install!

03-05 Metra dash kit 99-7402
06 and up Metra dash kit 99-7602
Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
enlite

I have a 2005 350Z, and I just bought the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD and Crutchfield sent me the 03-05 Metra dash kit 99-7402.

Should I return it for the 06 and up Metra dash kit 99-7602 ?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
lionheartednyhc

Originally Posted by enlite
I have a 2005 350Z, and I just bought the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD and Crutchfield sent me the 03-05 Metra dash kit 99-7402.

Should I return it for the 06 and up Metra dash kit 99-7602 ?

Um. You have a 2005 car...

you need a 2005 dash kit.

math ftw
Old 06-09-2008, 01:37 PM
enlite

I was just wondering if the newer kit would look nicer..

Um. You have a 2005 car...

you need a 2005 dash kit.

math ftw

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD?