Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Touchscreen Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 10:24 PM
poweraddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touchscreen Monitor

I am thinking about installing a touch screen computer monitor where the stock navigation system should be. I am running my AEM ECU off the laptop and want the A/F Ratios and other information displayed on my monitor there while im driving.

Does anyone know what touch screen I should get?

Another problem is, how will I get my laptop to automatically power off when I turn off my car, or turn on when I turn on my car? Would this be possible?

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2003, 10:55 PM
poweraddict

Actually, I've done some more research since I've made this topic, can anyone lead me to what I need to order?

XENARC 700TS - That could be my monitor?
What computer do I need, or could I use a laptop?

Then again, how would I power on/off, I would like it to automatically do it for me.

Thanks,
Brent
Old 07-07-2003, 12:19 AM
chazzg

Originally posted by poweraddict
Actually, I've done some more research since I've made this topic, can anyone lead me to what I need to order?

XENARC 700TS - That could be my monitor?
What computer do I need, or could I use a laptop?

Then again, how would I power on/off, I would like it to automatically do it for me.

Thanks,
Brent
That is a Good screen, But you have to take it out of its Case and that Voids the Warranty. If you want a full in Car Pc With Auto on and off. I sell just what you Need you Can Check out my new web Site www.Image-Engineering.com It has links to allot of info about my system or you Can Email me Direct at zzgibson@sbcglobal.net.

How Does your AEM ECU interface with you Laptop now? USB? or Serial port? just let me know and I can Custom build you a "In Z PC"
Attached Thumbnails Touchscreen Monitor-incarpc-small-.jpg  
Old 07-07-2003, 12:23 AM
chazzg

One of My Main units with a internal DVD-Rom and a External DVD-Rom, Wireless RF remote mouse, KeyBoard and More!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Touchscreen Monitor-pict0769-small-.jpg  
Old 07-07-2003, 01:39 AM
poweraddict

Originally posted by chazzg
That is a Good screen, But you have to take it out of its Case and that Voids the Warranty. If you want a full in Car Pc With Auto on and off. I sell just what you Need you Can Check out my new web Site www.Image-Engineering.com It has links to allot of info about my system or you Can Email me Direct at zzgibson@sbcglobal.net.

How Does your AEM ECU interface with you Laptop now? USB? or Serial port? just let me know and I can Custom build you a "In Z PC"

How much would the computer run me? The AEM is attached by a Serial Port.

I don't care how fast it is, I don't need a fast machine, but I need Windows XP
Old 07-07-2003, 02:47 PM
chazzg

Originally posted by poweraddict
How much would the computer run me? The AEM is attached by a Serial Port.

I don't care how fast it is, I don't need a fast machine, but I need Windows XP
Well if you Don't need a Fast machine. I have my Base unit that is a 600MHZ CPU with 256MB Ram a internal DVD-Rom, 20G hard Drive With Smart power Supply mouse, Keyboard, just about Every thing Else needed to install (cables and such) WITH OUT SCREEN For $800.00. But if you Don't want DVD or Mp3 I Could trim that stuff off.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:52 PM
guerojo

Originally posted by chazzg
Well if you Don't need a Fast machine. I have my Base unit that is a 600MHZ CPU with 256MB Ram a internal DVD-Rom, 20G hard Drive With Smart power Supply mouse, Keyboard, just about Every thing Else needed to install (cables and such) WITH OUT SCREEN For $800.00. But if you Don't want DVD or Mp3 I Could trim that stuff off.

Hey chazz can you install something like that in mine. Can you PM me so I can get in touch with you a have you setup something for me.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:00 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant remotely start a computer I dont think, you could take it apart, tap into the power button, and work out a momentary relay that will cross the wires breifly when the acc power comes on, starting the PC, touch them again when it goes off. turning the PC on and off... I THINK they make such a relay, but dont quote me on that. could also remote link the battery between the laptop and computer, and put a regular relay link between them only letting current flow when the acc power activates the relay.

then set bios to reboot on power failure.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:20 PM
chazzg

My units DO HAVE a remote Start and Shutdown