Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Hybrid Audio Technologies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Peteski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid Audio Technologies?

Hello Everyone

Has anyone had a chance to listen to any of the speakers from the new company Hybrid Audio Technologies? Car Audio Mag gave the Clarus C51-2 great reviews. I have not been able to audition many Hi-end speakers because there are not many places here in Wisconsin to go listen to them, so i did listen to and ended up purchasing Pioneer TS-C720PRS, they are still in the box and have not totally made up my mind yet. Hybrid Audios Top of the line tweeter looks sweet. I was thinking that there tweeter and the Pioneer woofer might be a nice combo, any thoughts?
Old 05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Peteski

Nobody has heard these speakers???
Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

I tried to get to Scott's website, but it was not working yesterday. I believe they have forum where you might find some comparisons.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Peteski

YA i tried too, it was working a few days ago tho
Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of those speakers at all! When it comes to 'Hi-End' drives the best of the best is Scan Speak!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:21 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never have heard the speakers, but all I can say is that this is the company that Scott Buwalda created himself. Now if anyone knows high end car audio gear it is this guy. He is like the Chip Foose of car audio. I know he ran DLS speakers in his vehicles when he was competing on the IASCA Expert circuit. Two years ago at CES he introduced these speakers in his tricked out Nissan 240. He was running Genesis amplifiers, but I did not get a chance to listen to it. I am willing to bet for the price point these are going for they will keep up with speakers priced at double the money.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM
StreetOC192

So you are looking at going active?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
noir06

Originally Posted by Philthy
Not a fan of those speakers at all! When it comes to 'Hi-End' drives the best of the best is Scan Speak!
Sounds like you've heard them? Since we all know speaker preference is purely subjective...not to mention how they're installed.....could you characterize what it was about the Hybrids that you don't like and what it is about the Scan's (I assume you're referring to Scan Rev's) that you do like?

While it's not as good as auditioning them in person it might help the OP figure out if they'd fit his tastes.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
Never have heard the speakers, but all I can say is that this is the company that Scott Buwalda created himself. Now if anyone knows high end car audio gear it is this guy. He is like the Chip Foose of car audio. I know he ran DLS speakers in his vehicles when he was competing on the IASCA Expert circuit. Two years ago at CES he introduced these speakers in his tricked out Nissan 240. He was running Genesis amplifiers, but I did not get a chance to listen to it. I am willing to bet for the price point these are going for they will keep up with speakers priced at double the money.
I would say more like the Boyd Cottington, or worse of car audio... I'm not a fan of this guy at all - he's burned so many bridges in the car audio circles, that it was almost mandatory for him to private label his own speakers because no manufacture that I know will touch this guy. Heck, I'm the one who facilitated his DLS sponsorship and I regret it to this day!

As someone mention it's subjective and everyones reference point is different. The most important factor in car audio is the specific locations and installation of the front stage speakers - this is the primary driver for great SQ in a car. I've taken mediocre speakers and made them sound good, but given the same execution with great driver such as Scan Speak, and you get great SQ!

That being said, the Scan Speak drivers are extremely musical, accurate and very dynamic!
Old 05-23-2008, 09:53 AM
THEDUKE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was not judging him by his character as a person, only by his acomplishments in the car audio industry. It is apparent you have personal issues with him which is your right and if I were ever to meet him I might feel the same way about the guy as you do or I might not. It is like Barry Bonds in baseball, you cannot knock his acomplishments but his character is another issue. LOL
Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by THEDUKE
I was not judging him by his character as a person, only by his acomplishments in the car audio industry. It is apparent you have personal issues with him which is your right and if I were ever to meet him I might feel the same way about the guy as you do or I might not. It is like Barry Bonds in baseball, you cannot knock his acomplishments but his character is another issue. LOL
Wasn't hiding that fact Car audio competitions today are not what they were a few years ago, heck I don't even take my car out anymore because what's the fun in competing against yourself or maybe if you're lucky another car or two...