Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Finally got my new system installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Taya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my new system installed

Let me start with thank you all for the advices and recommendations, this forum and its membership is nothing but great.
Up front I was looking for a stock look improvement for my system, and which will not exceed $500. I ended up with:

2 pairs of MB quart DKD116
1 RF 10" sub
Custom box - 3/4 inch MDF - 18X14X6.5 (Ext size) to fit into the stock location
Rockford 150S amp bridges for the sub
1 pair of sony (forgot the model) tweeters to replace the stock ones.
1 Bose sub cover ordered at my Nissan dealer ($10.99)

Total cost including installation was $420. I now have some spare for either dynamat if rattling occurs or replace the box for the sub...

The sound has much improved, though as an audiophile (home theater) I can clearly say and coincide with the others who stated here that the stock location for the sub is not that great, given the 10" sub needs to go there and especially the fairly low box size you can fit there, you end up with a punchy sub that might play loud but it is pretty directional, the 'low end fill' I was looking for was a lot better when I played with the box in the trunk. (I however, ended up putting it back in the stock location... The box size is right on the limit, I had to bent the brackets in that stock location to fit the box, I would not suggest this size of a box, it was pretty tricky to get it is and have the metal part back into place... I did not dynamat anything and there is no rattling... If anyone has an experience with 1/2 inch width wood for a box I would be very much interested to know, as you can achieve much larger internal vol with that, which, will help the low end freq... Also, those who had their sub in the stock location, have you installed the metal part (the one with the sub hole) back? I did...
The back speakers will never sound good, their location has lots of air and it is not perfectly sealed, I was amazed to find 32 ohm speakers on the back...

The amp is pretty small but given that fact I do not use ext power for the speakers, I can not even use much of this amp anyway...

All in all, I am happy with the results, thank you all for a great support,

At the same time, I also did the Hard wiring for the radar detector as indicated by one of the pictures someone did, that was the easiest part...yet the cleanest...
Old 08-10-2003, 08:15 PM
garygearlds

Could we get some pics???
thanks
Old 10-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Import-Tooner

I'm all new to this and wondered what you had to do to replace the stock bose sub. Do they have an amp that powers them? Or do you just add an amp?
Old 10-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

Last edited by Glasgow Smile; 03-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Taya

Default Pictures

O.K guys, I have to admit, I simply don't have a dig camera, I will try and get one and get some pictures, it looks pretty stock to me. I have a performance so did not need to mess up with the Bose config. I did change the sub box recently to a slightly larger, a true internal 0.75CF but with 1/2" wood, it made a huge difference in sound and the box now fitted in the stock location without the bracket which cuased a lot of vibration, no ratling now just nice sound. I guess for the next improvement, the HU must be replaced. I will get back with the pix