Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Valentine 1 In Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valentine 1 In Mirror

I saw a car with the valentine 1 installed in his rear view mirror. Does anyone here have this? It looks great and its the ultra stealth install. How much is this, and can it be done in the mirrors with the home link?

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:31 PM
daprofessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also like to know. I found this several months ago and have been looking for one for the Z.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Keven

Default Found "it" ...

A web search brought me to the East Coast Induction Systems web site for this mirror:

"Once again, we have teamed up with a top qualtiy designer to bring you a new, affordable product for your BMW. From the mind of Jim Powell comes the V-1si Stealth Display rear view mirror. If you own a Valentine 1 Radar/Laser Detector, this upgrade lets you go totally stealth! Simply replace your current rear view mirror with this unit, wire up to a new location to your current V1 and barnstorm away! This is NOT the V1 unit, but a display attachment that works with the base V1 module. "

Looks like it's just for BMWs but it definitely exists and lists for $200. Pretty cool - I'd buy it.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:58 PM
M.O.D

So meaning we cant use it for our Z?
Old 07-15-2003, 09:01 PM
BJF2K

I want one... how much
Old 07-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Reggi914

Default I want one to!

I have been searching all over the web to find more info. If anyone has info on how much this is and if it can be done in the Z please let us know.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Keven

Default More info found on the web ...

Morning, all ...

I did a little more searching and found this additional informational information (at "Radar Love") about the V1 mirrors that I thought might be of interest, specifically:

"Notice:
Until further notice, I will no longer accept orders to make these mirrors.

Order volume has been overwhelming and they take a LOT of effort to make them correctly. And correctly is the only way I will agree to make them. I will fill backorders as quickly as possible and get them shipped out for current orders. After that, we’ll see. I did them as a favor to the car community, not as a money maker and I simply do not have the resources to keep up with demand. If you own an InV1si-Mirror currently, I will continue to support you and the product. I just can no longer afford to spend the time on these that I have, for the amount of money I have been charging for them. As of 12/01/02, I currently have 7 backorders for mirrors of various types. It takes me two days per mirror roughly and I have many of those in progress. I expect an additional 10 days to complete them all. Treasure your mirror, it may be a rare item down the road.

Jim Powell
Owner Apexcone.com
760-295-5454"

There's more in the article that might be of interest.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:39 AM
Reggi914

Default Re: More info found on the web ...

Originally posted by Keven
Morning, all ...

I did a little more searching and found this additional informational information (at "Radar Love") about the V1 mirrors that I thought might be of interest, specifically:

"Notice:
Until further notice, I will no longer accept orders to make these mirrors.

Order volume has been overwhelming and they take a LOT of effort to make them correctly. And correctly is the only way I will agree to make them. I will fill backorders as quickly as possible and get them shipped out for current orders. After that, we’ll see. I did them as a favor to the car community, not as a money maker and I simply do not have the resources to keep up with demand. If you own an InV1si-Mirror currently, I will continue to support you and the product. I just can no longer afford to spend the time on these that I have, for the amount of money I have been charging for them. As of 12/01/02, I currently have 7 backorders for mirrors of various types. It takes me two days per mirror roughly and I have many of those in progress. I expect an additional 10 days to complete them all. Treasure your mirror, it may be a rare item down the road.

Jim Powell
Owner Apexcone.com
760-295-5454"

There's more in the article that might be of interest.
Thanks for the update. I would really love to have this put in my Z.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
chromesilverz

Interesting. Where does the actual radar go? If it goes on the window...what is the purpose?

Is this just a "dissected" remote unit that goes with the Valentine 1?

Maybe we can do this project ourselves.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:51 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like it, take off the case, then remove the mirror backing of the glass, then its just see through, tho without lights behind the mirror you wouldnt see anything really. sorta like the turn signals that are in side mirrors.

whether there is room in there, I donno, but if so, Id think it wouldnt be too hard. but thats hard to say without trying it.