Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Front and Rear Speaker replacements on the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:08 AM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front and Rear Speaker replacements on the Z

I am about to swap my stock head unit for a jenson vm9512. I also would like to swap the speakers but dont want to add another amp for them. So my question is what would be some decent speakers to put in place of the stockers if my sound goal is just a little more volume and clarity over stock? I dont need alot of bass out of my speakers because I already have a sub and amp for that. By the way the head unit kicks out 60X4 max power and 18x4 RMS. Tell me what you think.

Russ
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One question for you and then some advice. What's your budget? Speakers range from $20 a pair to $800 (more?) a pair. ALL OF THEM are going to sound better than the "fine" Bloze speakers shoved into the speaker holes of the Z.

Here's a picture of the front speakers as an example.

After you've defined your budget range go out with your ears and your music to actually listen to the speakers. I know that it's a foreign concept to some but you actually have a taste to your music that I don't share - nor likely anyone else for that matter. Even if you like the same band or type of music you might want the sound to be flavored with more bass where I like it straight.

You might define your budget as $100 for the front speakers (a bare minimum IMHO) and find a set of speakers for $160 that you love. Are the extra three Jefferson portraits worth twice the performance? There becomes an extreme end where guys spend $800 on a pair of front speakers ... and then mount them in their car. Mine came with a 300 horse power noise maker connected to the right-hand foot pedal that sure makes a bunch of noise. I spend most of my time in the car using that right-hand pedal where others might spend time parked at a park or beach enjoying the sweet sound of their $800 speakers.

Who's to say who's right or wrong? I'm only saying that you are the one who's ears need pleasing and that the ONLY WAY to do that is to audition the speakers in person face-to-face with them. I learned back in 1974 when purchasing my first piece of audio gear (an Akai GX-710D) that a pretty face or a good name don't make for a good piece of equipment. The Akai blew the matching Pioneer out of the water in side-by-side I conducted. The Pioneer was way more pretty and at the young age of 14 I had never heard of Akai but my ears were smart enough to hear the difference.

Good luck and after auditioning some speakers post up what you heard and what you liked.

PS: wrong forum.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
rkemp1

Thanks? I was more looking for average recommendations. I'm not an audio freak so decent speakers will do, I just know from experience that some speakers just dont work well without amps. I might or might not listen to them but I found that the sound I get from the audio booths at circuit city and Best Buy almost never sound the same as they do inside your car.

Last edited by rkemp1; 06-06-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:31 PM
rkemp1

Thanks? I was more looking for average recommendations. I'm not an audio freak so decent speakers will do, I just know from experience that some speakers just dont work well without amps. I might or might not listen to them but I found that the sound I get from the audio booths at circuit city and Best Buy almost never sound the same as they do inside your car.

Last edited by rkemp1; 06-06-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Fixed

Last edited by Spike100; 06-07-2008 at 09:07 AM.