Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sound Level Adjuster (SLA)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
three

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Level Adjuster (SLA)

forgive me for my ignorance and i tried to search but only found a short explanation but what does the sound level adjuster (SLA) feature do? from that explanation and the explanation in the owner's manual, i still don't get it. i have a Pioneer DEH-PU6000UB. only thing i find it useful for is to increase volume. does anyone have theirs set to 0? should i leave it at 0 if i only listen to CDs and MP3s? lastly, i have a JL 300/4 amp and when i am on the freeway i can barely hear the music without turning up the volume, way up! this is where the SLA feature comes into play. should i go with dynamat or adjust my amp? or get new speakers? i have JL Audio TR650 CSi 6-1/2's currently which are fine for me, most of the time, except with freeway driving. if i sound like a noob, it's because i am! thanks tho!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:15 AM
gohandbz88

From what I understand SLA is use to adjust the volume level between sources, so that they are pretty equal in terms of volume level. For example, the radio source is generally not as loud as the CD source. You would then turn down the SLA on the CD source so that when you switch over to the radio source, the volume level is equal.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:17 PM
three

Originally Posted by gohandbz88
From what I understand SLA is use to adjust the volume level between sources, so that they are pretty equal in terms of volume level. For example, the radio source is generally not as loud as the CD source. You would then turn down the SLA on the CD source so that when you switch over to the radio source, the volume level is equal.
ahhhh, that makes more sense! thanks!