Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose HU replacement -- And nothing else

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 AM
xENo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose HU replacement -- And nothing else

Hi guys,

I searched for about 20 minutes but couldn't find an answer to my particular question.

If I wanted to swap out JUST the head unit on my 07 Bose setup, are there any impediments? Would I just need the harness kit? Looking around on sites like circuit city, it's very difficult to tell what I would need, and I have no idea if it would even work.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you have to do is buy a Nissan Bose harness and a HU. Hook up is pretty straight forward although you probably need to solder some wires. You can twist tie but that's not recommended. I just did this myself about a month ago but be careful... I was just going to do my HU but then the mod bug bit and I'm doing subs now...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
1stZroadster

Do you have a part number for the harness? My parts guy here in Cincy is a jack! I also am curious as to whether Sirius can be hooked up to operate from the factory headunit also! Sorry to ***** the thread.. but this could benefit all...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:14 PM
xENo

Here's the link to the one i bought on crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...977&tab=review

In the reviews the guy says it worked for his 350z with just swapping out the bose head unit.

I'll be giving it a run this weekend.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM
KYEXTAZ

i was wondering the same thing. the guy at circuit city said i would have to rewire everything since i had the bose system. i have an 06 with bose and i wanted to install this. anyone know if you have to rewire speakers and everything??? http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-W505
Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
xENo

Originally Posted by KYEXTAZ
i was wondering the same thing. the guy at circuit city said i would have to rewire everything since i had the bose system. i have an 06 with bose and i wanted to install this. anyone know if you have to rewire speakers and everything??? http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=IVA-W505
While I can't vouch for that particular head unit, I can say that the harness I bought from crutchfield worked. I had to splice the wires from my alpine harness into the wires from the crutchfield harness, but after that it plugged right up to my factory harnesses with no other work needed.

My recommendation is to do the same. Add that head unit to your cart in crutchfield and see which 'free harness' you get with it... then buy that harness, whether or not you buy the head unit there. That way you'll even have access to their support number if you have questions.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Audiolink

You need to use Audiolinks Powerdriver PD-4. We also have a wiring harness that will allow you to plug and play. No cutting or splicing. Visit our Website www.audiolink.biz.