Old 07-18-2008, 01:44 AM
J0NNy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any audio shop..
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

It sounds as though you want a 7” LCD screen in the upper/forward cubby (where the stock navigation screen would be). That’s the best way to do this, but I believe your 2005 Z will require some very minor fabrication to do this. You will actually be mounting the screen behind the cubby and setting the forward edge of the screen flush to the trim inside the cubby. Any high-end installer can easily do this. The main task is cutting out the rear pocket in the cubby, and then fabricating a bracket or some other way to hold the screen behind the cubby’s opening. It’s no big deal to do this.

Here are three ways you can accomplish what you are asking for:
  1. Garmin GVN 53 Blackbox Navigation with a 7” LCD screen (NTSC or RGB). Mount the GVN 53 in one of the rear upper cubbies (behind either the driver’s seat or the passenger seat). This is the most simple installation since it requires miniml wiring. It does not support touch-screen but instead uses an RF handheld remote control.
  2. Kenwood KNA-G510 Navigation Box with the Kenwood LZ-702W Touchscreen Monitor. This installation is similar to the Garmin I mention above, only slightly more difficult in that the LZ-702W Touchscreen Monitor uses a hideaway box and requires slightly more wiring. The hideaway box goes into one of the large lower cubbies behind the driver of passenger seat. The cubby selection is driven by whether or not you have the OEM Bose stereo. The advantage of this setup is that you have touch-screen support for navigation.
  3. Kenwood KOS System. This is a sophisticated and scalable CES that supports just about any configuration you can imagine. The basic system consists of a Kenwood KOS-L702 Touchscreen Monitor , a Kenwood KNA-G510 Navigation Box and a Kenwood KOS Controller ( KOS-V500 or KOS-V1000). With this setup you can control the entire CES from the touch-screen monitor.

Additional Notes:
  • Both Kenwood systems support touch-screen function, but the KOS system can control all of your components via touch-screen. Of course, both Kenwood systems also include a handheld IR remote control as well.
  • The cost and complexity of the systems I mention above are progressively more expensive and difficult to install going from #1 to #2 to #3.

You should spend some time searching here for more information. Here are a couple of threads to get you started.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-build...uchscreen.html

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-build...pics-here.html

--Spike