Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Azentek Atlas...what do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 AM
p0tential

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Azentek Atlas...what do you think???

whats up guys. i've been doing lots of research on what i want to do for my ces. i know 100% that i want a double din screen having full blown radio capabilities as well as nav and bluetooth for my phone. one thing that i would want as far as the nav is concerned is live traffic and the option to re-route due to traffic and conditions but i havn't found an aftermarket headunit that does this.

i'm not sure of any head units out there that have the live traffic option. i like the ease and simplicity of a brand name aftermarket head unit because eveything is built in and is right there and there are no problems or worries.

although, i've been exploring other options with in car computers. while it seems unnessicary to have this in your car, i definitly love the cool facter and would still use it almost everyday. i'm not sure what i would do w/o the internet and having it in my car would be completely awesome as well as having my entire library of music and videos. i've stumbled upon a head unit coming out and want to know what you guys think in terms of the price. its called the azentek atlas and i found it on crutchfield for $2700. now i think thats completly outragious considiering i can get a nice headunit for under $1000. below is a youtube vid of some of the features. the one thing that i like about the head unit vs other in car computers is everything is right there in the dash. there isn't another secret location in which the computer is mounted and all the cables are wired up front.

now, another option i explored is buying an aftermarket double din headunit w/ or w/o nav, doesnt matter at this point, and using one of the aux input feeds for a computer. the only problem i see with this is how to use the touch screen feature on the head unit and incorperate it to be used on the computer when its only a video feed in? if i can do it this way it will be much much cheaper and i can still have the full blown computer as well as good audio quality since its a brand name head unit. if i install my own computer i would do a clean install of usb ports where the heated seat controlls are and i could run all sorts of devices from there. i'm not sure how a computer could work or tie into an aftermarket headunit? any gurus out there that know how to make it work?

i don't know what to do. i would love to have the computer in my car but i want the install clean and not have to do a lot of work to get from one thing to another i.e radio -> nav -> bluetooth -> back to radio ect....(multi-tasking)

what do you guys think?

here is the vid of that azentek atlas

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2LLghdAfkY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x2LLghdAfkY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I don't mind the seperate location of the computer, makes it easy to remove when doing maintenance/updates, adding new music or whatever it is you may need to do. Also the seperate units can always be used as media pc's at home.

Check out my thread on this:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-build...installed.html

07 350z - Bluetooth, Nav, DVD, etc. Everything cleanly installed, well under the price of the Azentek.

If you have anymore questions let me know, I've done a ton of carpc installs.

When you're ready to move forward check out http://www.drivendynamics.com/shotgun.html for a carpc specific frontend.