Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

AVIC-F90BT? Corporate Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008 | 01:45 PM
smokedout

Default AVIC-F90BT? Corporate Panel?

I'm new to the forum, and just had a quick question.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I used to work at Circuit City in the car audio department, and I have never heard of a DIN size called "Corporate Panel"?

I was interested in getting the AVIC-F90BT despite the poor reviews, I still think it looks the sleekest. I was bummed though because Pioneer says it won't fit in my 05 Z. Well, it obviously does because I've seen people on here with them in it.

I was just wondering what the difference is between DOUBLE DIN and CORPORATE PANEL, because to me, the 350 seems to just have a regular double din radio stock...but Pioneer revers to it as CORPORATE PANEL...what the hell is that?

I just purchased it today, and I have no problem taking it to a car audio place to get installed, I just don't want to run into problems making it fit.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?
Old 11-18-2008 | 02:32 PM
adamtaylorpcb

it will fit fine... just a billion wires to stuff in there. its a pita

mine fits great
Old 11-18-2008 | 03:30 PM
smokedout

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
it will fit fine... just a billion wires to stuff in there. its a pita

mine fits great
Good to hear :]

How do you like it?
Old 11-18-2008 | 07:00 PM
t1m1t

i got the f700bt and i agree, it is a pita to stuff all those wires behind there without blocking the fan. then u gotta put back the ac control box thing. but so far i love my new HU. a lot of people have been complaining about it, but i have yet to stumble on a problem. bluetooth, ipod, nav all work great (with bypass)
Old 11-18-2008 | 08:33 PM
orgasm_donor

I sold my F90BT because it was so laggy. I did get the upgraded software download which helped a lot but at the end of the day, I wanted a bigger screen and a better overall deck. This is why I got the JVC KW-NX7000.

Double din is no problem. I think corporate panel means ISO mount which means you need your factory metal brackets to mount the screen to your car. Then the bezel fills all the gaps and makes it look more beautifuller.

Do you have Bose? If so thats a whole other can-o-worms. You can search for Bose issues in this forum. It has all been covered.

Old 11-19-2008 | 05:08 AM
yogipower

^ +1 looks good =) I need to upgrade mine too.
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:49 AM
adamtaylorpcb

i love it

im a pioneer/alpine fanboy

not to bash jvc but we had a similar unit to the one your talking about at my work and it broke all the time

the only thing i would consider replacing with would be a avic z3 or the kennwood dnx-8120 for its 5.1
Old 11-19-2008 | 10:13 AM
smokedout

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
i love it

im a pioneer/alpine fanboy

not to bash jvc but we had a similar unit to the one your talking about at my work and it broke all the time

the only thing i would consider replacing with would be a avic z3 or the kennwood dnx-8120 for its 5.1
Good, I feel more comfortable about it now.

Are these things difficult to bypass?
Old 11-19-2008 | 11:00 AM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by smokedout
Good, I feel more comfortable about it now.

Are these things difficult to bypass?
Check www.avic411.com for bypass instructions. Its pretty easy on these decks.

As for the switch to JVC, I was very hesitant until I saw the new 7000 unit at work in a friends car. That, and the fact that the Pioneer pissed me off with its 1 minute+ start-up time made me join the dark side.

I have a Z2 in my Lexus and its pretty nice - except for the fact that its a dated system which requires a box and IP-bus to operate an Ipod or bluetooth or anything external for that matter. Very dated and lame.
Old 11-19-2008 | 02:41 PM
smokedout

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
Check www.avic411.com for bypass instructions. Its pretty easy on these decks.

As for the switch to JVC, I was very hesitant until I saw the new 7000 unit at work in a friends car. That, and the fact that the Pioneer pissed me off with its 1 minute+ start-up time made me join the dark side.

I have a Z2 in my Lexus and its pretty nice - except for the fact that its a dated system which requires a box and IP-bus to operate an Ipod or bluetooth or anything external for that matter. Very dated and lame.
Hrm....that website seems to be offline?
Old 11-19-2008 | 05:55 PM
orgasm_donor

Weird...it is offline for some reason. Ok, here is the bypass but please, DON'T WATCH VIDEO WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING! Ok, got that disclaimer out of the way....

1) Ground the light green wire from the main power harness
2) Carefully remove the MUTE wire (yellow w/black) from the RCA harness and put it in the open slot 4th from the side on the row opposite of the one you took it out of. Ground that yellow/black as well with the light green and the black ground wires as per usual. Make any sense at all? Let me know if it doesn't.

Good luck!
Old 11-21-2008 | 01:52 AM
smokedout

Weird...it is offline for some reason. Ok, here is the bypass but please, DON'T WATCH VIDEO WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING! Ok, got that disclaimer out of the way....

1) Ground the light green wire from the main power harness
2) Carefully remove the MUTE wire (yellow w/black) from the RCA harness and put it in the open slot 4th from the side on the row opposite of the one you took it out of. Ground that yellow/black as well with the light green and the black ground wires as per usual. Make any sense at all? Let me know if it doesn't.

Good luck!
I was kind of thinking that I might find a shop that will do it...I've heard some of them will if you ask - I'm not too good with installing audio into my car...like engine is okay, but audio is beside me.

Do you think that a place would do it?? And if not, I guess I'll have to do it myself in which case what you just said is all greek to me.
Old 11-21-2008 | 07:10 AM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by smokedout
I was kind of thinking that I might find a shop that will do it...I've heard some of them will if you ask - I'm not too good with installing audio into my car...like engine is okay, but audio is beside me.

Do you think that a place would do it?? And if not, I guess I'll have to do it myself in which case what you just said is all greek to me.
Here you go brother:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

Fairly straight-forward once you see the pics. Good luck with that! Oh, and if you decide to get a shop to do it and they want to charge you $50 or whatever, tell them to shove that $50 up their collective arseholes and move on to a different shop. It is far to easy to do to charge extra.
Old 11-21-2008 | 12:54 PM
smokedout

Here you go brother:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17013

Fairly straight-forward once you see the pics. Good luck with that! Oh, and if you decide to get a shop to do it and they want to charge you $50 or whatever, tell them to shove that $50 up their collective arseholes and move on to a different shop. It is far to easy to do to charge extra.
Agreed. I could do it.....

I'm just nervous about all the wires and all the panels.

Thanks!