Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need urgent help to get my wife's gift on time.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008 | 04:38 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Default Need urgent help to get my wife's gift on time.

Hi, I have been researching about getting a USASpec PA11-NIS for my wife's birthday.

She has an 07 Z and I feel bad that she has to deal with an FM transmitter....

The thing is that I also would like her to have bluetooth on the car (one of those that turn off the radio and allow the same radio to be the phone).

Does anybody knows of a nice radio with this feature? (ipod connection and bluetooth), and could somebody tell me also where to get the brackets to install an aftermarket radio on the Z?

I have been researching (and I am still doing it) but her birthday is coming soon and I need some help to speed this up.

Thanks!!!
Old 11-19-2008 | 05:28 PM
Get_Zwole

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+CDA-9886.html
grab that and the bluetooth adapter and get it installed and your all set. syncs with a bluetooth phone and has the best ipod interface available. alpines are awesome units. If you think shes gonna want a slight better system someday go with the 9887 alpine the one just above it in price it will have more options for sound quality etc.
Old 11-19-2008 | 06:03 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?
Premier Member

There are a few different brands of install kits. I bought a Metra for about $20 at Circuit City. You'd need 99-7602 for your car. It'll work for double-din or single-din.
Old 11-19-2008 | 08:36 PM
adamtaylorpcb

check it out

all you would need is the bluetooth interface

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...new-cheap.html
Old 11-20-2008 | 04:03 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
check it out

all you would need is the bluetooth interface

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...new-cheap.html
What do you mean by bluetooth interface?
Old 11-20-2008 | 04:07 AM
KAT_Ayanami

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+CDA-9886.html
grab that and the bluetooth adapter and get it installed and your all set. syncs with a bluetooth phone and has the best ipod interface available. alpines are awesome units. If you think shes gonna want a slight better system someday go with the 9887 alpine the one just above it in price it will have more options for sound quality etc.
Where do I find the bluetooth adapter?
(Oh my god I am such a noob at this)
Old 11-20-2008 | 06:15 AM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
Where do I find the bluetooth adapter?
(Oh my god I am such a noob at this)
One of these:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8511.html
Old 11-20-2008 | 07:04 AM
Get_Zwole

yup TFZ hooked it up just get those two or that plus a different headunit that supports bluetooth and ipod connectibility.
Old 11-20-2008 | 08:40 AM
adamtaylorpcb

yup

my friend has the ida-x100 with the bluetooth interface and he loves it
Old 11-20-2008 | 09:21 AM
jdmteg2nv

get the Pioneer DEHP7000BT comes with built in Bluetooth and USB attachement which can be used for thumb drives, Ipod, even certain portable hardrives...IMO a nice headunit for cheap
Old 11-20-2008 | 04:44 PM
KAT_Ayanami

Thanks TreeFiddyZee, Get_Zwole, adamtaylorpcb and all for your help! I am learning a lot quicker with your help.

Now, on the bluetooth unit, it says:

"The Alpine KCE-300BT includes a call control button that can mount on your dash, allowing you to pick up and end calls with the press of a button. A visor clip mic is also included."

What does it mean? Does it mean that the box has to be sticking out? (on the new slot that the radio is going to have for example?)

Or how do I get that "button" out?

Also, where should I put that mic? is for the person to clip on to? (like the neck of a dress) or is it for the visor or something like that?

I am checking the radio you suggested now jdmteg2nv.

Thanks again!
Old 11-20-2008 | 06:09 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?
Premier Member

Thanks TreeFiddyZee, Get_Zwole, adamtaylorpcb and all for your help! I am learning a lot quicker with your help.

Now, on the bluetooth unit, it says:

"The Alpine KCE-300BT includes a call control button that can mount on your dash, allowing you to pick up and end calls with the press of a button. A visor clip mic is also included."

What does it mean? Does it mean that the box has to be sticking out? (on the new slot that the radio is going to have for example?)

Or how do I get that "button" out?

Also, where should I put that mic? is for the person to clip on to? (like the neck of a dress) or is it for the visor or something like that?

I am checking the radio you suggested now jdmteg2nv.

Thanks again!
Actually, I think this is a much better Bluetooth setup. It's the newest Alpine version and will work with that headunit.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...KCE-350BT.html

Rather than having a button, it uses the HU for phone calls. Here's the Alpine link that shows the compatiblity and describes the functionality.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9886

I have a Kenwood unit with mic and I ran my wire under the dash and up the pillar on the driver's side. The mic sticks out at the top and is within around a foot from my mouth. It's not great when you're running 75+ (not that I ever do that!) because of noise, but it works well at city speeds.

Also, you'll need a wiring harness. If you get the above hu and your car doesn't currently have the Bose system, you could use the Metra 70-7550. If you have the Bose system, you can use the Metra 70-7551. This one uses the RCA outputs to connect to the speakers.

Last edited by TreeFiddyZee; 11-20-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-20-2008 | 07:03 PM
KAT_Ayanami

I have the standard radio, not the bose. So, what type of harness do I need? The one with all the colors like on most radios? (the one that is shown on the previous bluetooth unit?)

BTW: How difficult is to find a place for that black box for the bluetooth? And to move all the wiring for the mic to the location you put it?

I am afraid to move cables around since I do not know when I will wrap one on a moving part that might get stuck with it...

THX AGAIN!

Last edited by KAT_Ayanami; 11-20-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2008 | 07:29 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?
Premier Member

I have the standard radio, not the bose. So, what type of harness do I need? The one with all the colors like on most radios? (the one that is shown on the previous bluetooth unit?)

BTW: How difficult is to find a place for that black box for the bluetooth? And to move all the wiring for the mic to the location you put it?

I am afraid to move cables around since I do not know when I will wrap one on a moving part that might get stuck with it...

THX AGAIN!
You'd use the Metra 70-7550. The colors don't match your cars colors necessarily, but are well marked and have good instructions. The mic with my unit has a very long wire, so it wasn't too bad putting it in. It's a little tedious and I kept having to stop and think alot. The panel on the pillar just pops off, so once you get it strung from the center console and under the dash, it's not real terrible. If you're mechanically inclined at all you shouldn't have a lot of problems. Allow yourself a whole day to put it in. You shouldn't have a lot of problem finding a place for the box either, it'll probably fit behind the console or maybe even in the console. Without seeing it in person, it's hard to tell how large it is. My guess it, it would probably fit ok in the console.