Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Laptop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:28 AM
TexarkanaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptop?

I have a laptop and would like to use it in my car, but i have no experience with that kind of thing. What can i hook up to it and what extra stuff will i need. Im thinking about engine, stereo system, DVD. Suggestions?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:30 AM
WolfMan

I am currently in the process of implimenting a system w/laptop, I will post info and pics when I finish.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:37 AM
TexarkanaZ

Thank you, any suggestions will be great.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:31 PM
ZManInNY

I'm currently working on installing a laptop in my Z as well. I just installed the Xenarc 700TS touchscreen (very easy install...the newer models require less reinforcement than what you see in the installation instructions on this forum) and my 4-gauge power wire today. That power wire will be fed to a Street Wires (2 input(1 pos, 1neg), 8 output(4 pos, 4 neg)) fused distribution block to accomodate my amp(s) and a Coleman 400 Watt DC to AC Inverter (which will be used to power my laptop and MAYBE my Xenarc if I don't just wire that into the HU). The laptop (Dell C600) with the docking station will fit just perfectly under the passenger seat and will be easy to slide in and out when I want to bring it inside to load more mp3's or whatever onto it. The VGA and USB connections from the Xenarc, along with the RCA to stereo adaptor cable from the aftermarket HU will all connect to the docking station and I'm thinking about running them right under the carpet. I am also adding a Rockford Fosgate 10" sub in the factory location as soon as I measure that area and build an enclosure with MDF (very cheap in Home Depot).

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck with your install and keep us posted on what you do with yours. Feel free to ask if you have any more detailed questions about my install plans/progress.