Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help Me Build My System....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
whitelightnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Build My System....

Ok everyone. Just got my Z a few weeks ago. I'm not looking to void the 3yrs left of warranty yet, so I'm looking at getting some audio stuff done first.

I would appreciate any input that is helpful. My budget as of today is about 1500$, but it could go up if necessary.

FIRST,
I would llike to get a decent alarm installed, probably viper.
It will need paging(1 mile hopefully) + remote start. Other features i would like are voicebox, tilt sensor, glass sensor, and maybe a perimeter guard.

Anyone know of a good alarm that will fit these needs? prices?

Secondly, I would like to upgrade my stock bose system as it's pretty dissapointing.
Essentially I would like to get a touchscreen, upgrade the stock speakers, get a single jlw7 in a fitted box(10 or 12"?),and an amp(s) to power these parts and have it sound pretty good.

My goal is to have a good CLEAN sound that packs a little bit of bunch. I listen to all sorts of music, so I dont want a bassmonster.

Anyone want to elaborate on their setups. Any place to find good deals?

I've never really done any audio work so all info is appreciated....

YES, i'll be searching the site while I'm waiting on you're kind,insightful replies

Thanks,
Rob

Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont waste the money, just replace the components and leave the bose sub if u have and save for other things more important that u are gonna want and regret blowing 1500 bucks on a sound system when u want exhaust or upgrades, which by the way are not gonna void warranty
Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM
whitelightnin

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
dont waste the money, just replace the components and leave the bose sub if u have and save for other things more important that u are gonna want and regret blowing 1500 bucks on a sound system when u want exhaust or upgrades, which by the way are not gonna void warranty
Well I bought the car off of my bro and he had purchased an aftermarket warranty. He's still looking for the info, but said when he skimmed over it, ALOT of things could void part/all of the warranty

If he finds the info soon and I can confirm what will/won't void the warranty, I'd like to get the bassani exhaust and drop it (it already has rims).

It's an 03 touring, and the warranty he bought still has about 34months left...

Last edited by whitelightnin; 02-06-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 AM
jbudnick504

Get
One JL W6 and a JL 500 watt amp to power it
One JL 400 watt 4 channel amp to power 2 sets of JL door speakers front and rear.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:01 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will all depend on the place u take it to get fixed, but im tellin ya exhaust is not gonna void warranty...just make sure with them first, but i have alot of mods and have on previous cars and still kept my warranty, **** i did a big turbo and nitrous on my srt-4 and fucillo still let me keep my warranty, but like i said it will depend on the guys there if they are dicks or not.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM
whitelightnin

Originally Posted by jbudnick504
Get
One JL 400 watt 4 channel amp to power 2 sets of JL door speakers front and rear.
Cool. is that what you run? Ill look into those items..

Why jlw6 instead of jlw7?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:07 AM
whitelightnin

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
it will all depend on the place u take it to get fixed, but im tellin ya exhaust is not gonna void warranty...just make sure with them first, but i have alot of mods and have on previous cars and still kept my warranty, **** i did a big turbo and nitrous on my srt-4 and fucillo still let me keep my warranty, but like i said it will depend on the guys there if they are dicks or not.
Word.
I've been trying to get the info from him. I dont see why an exhaust would void it
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM
adamtaylorpcb

Originally Posted by jbudnick504
Get
Fail! the w6 is a good speaker but i prefer the w7 that im running over it.

rear speakers= waste of money, use the money you were going to spend on rears and buy infinitely better fronts.... the rear speakers dont add anything in a 2 seater.

if you are really interested in the JL audio w7 10 and jl 500/1 combo pm me, i am running that setup right now and can answer any questions you have about it
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
CanadianDream

Agree... rear speakers are a near total waste. Only for rear fill, and honestly if you REALLY feel you need them the stock speakers are almost good enough for simply rear fill purposes.

Look at competition vehicles, very few run rear speakers to get best sound stage.

When I see rear speakers, or worse tweeters - first major sign person is an audio newb.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by adamtaylorpcb
Fail! the w6 is a good speaker but i prefer the w7 that im running over it.

rear speakers= waste of money, use the money you were going to spend on rears and buy infinitely better fronts.... the rear speakers dont add anything in a 2 seater.

if you are really interested in the JL audio w7 10 and jl 500/1 combo pm me, i am running that setup right now and can answer any questions you have about it
Fail the w7 is a disapointment. Yes it pounds but has no SQ whatsoever. The w6v2 will give you all you can want in a Z if your normal like me and sound a boatload cleaner. JMO
Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Get_Zwole

Oh and if your planning to do all this for your budget your going to have to expand a little. 2g's at least id say. Just check out some prices and add them up. Crap will add up really quick also yes leave the rear speakers alone and just disconnect them when you install everything.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole
Fail the w7 is a disapointment. Yes it pounds but has no SQ whatsoever. The w6v2 will give you all you can want in a Z if your normal like me and sound a boatload cleaner. JMO
have you heard the w7 in the z yet? i had the w6 in my car now i have the w7, the w7 sounds better imo.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Get_Zwole

yeah ive heard 2 of them and I didnt like them more boomy then the traditional jl. My w6 doesnt exactly get me off either though. It will be replaced soon enough.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 PM
whitelightnin

thanks for the input guys...
Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM
adamtaylorpcb

mine varies, its nice and punchy when im playing rock or alternative but loud and boomy when i play rap err other **** with bass